World Passport Collection - Report on Exchange - Royal Oasis at La Quinta

spm23

Mouseketeer
Well, just arrived back from a two week exchange in Benalmadena, near Malaga.

I will follow it up with further details, and will try to work out how to post pictures of the place for you all in case you consider exchanging there one day, but below is a quick summary.

15 minutes by car from Airport. 10m by taxi and hold on, about 20 Euro's, you do not need a car at this location, you can use the money for Taxi's or organised trips, or buses/trains.
200m from the beach
Own pool
Gated community with keys
Room had a safe (12 Euros per week)
Room had an alarm system (they told us this after I purchased the safe option!!!!)
Aircon
Massive Bedroom with Wardrobes, dressing tables etc
Massive living room, bigger than disney 1 Bedroom apartments. sofa/bed, 2 chairs, dining room table + 4 chairs, sep table and space along with wardrobes and chest of drawers.
Kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, cooker, fridge freezer.

A very nice apartment wich is cleaned every day except Sundays and Wednesdays.
It has 4 blocks, 13 apartments roughly in each block, we were in OB1 (don't have Block 1 or 2, I will explain later)

It has a clubhouse, a gym with indoor pool and a clubhouse. This is all available to this resport and one called benal beach, but was never over packed. The outdoor poolside got busy with towels on the sunbeds, but not a lot of people.

Has a monster club for kids and adults which runs everything from Crazy golf to Paella demonstration and Salsa classes.

Entertainment every night from different artists, one was an ex Glitter band member and another a west end singer.

Food onsight was good, but more expensive than could be had from beach front.

Its a Sunterra/Interval place, was only asked once if I wanted to go and buy more points, I said I wasn't a member of those and had no money and that confused him enough to never bother me again.

The resort is in a great location between Torremolinos and Fuengerola which were very busy and built up places. This place had plenty enough for two weeks and was only a 1 Euro bus ride away to either place and 2.6 Euro away from Malaga.

As for block 1/2, they are opposite a very pretty park with a lake and lots of added wildlife including Rabbits, peacocks, turtles, other birds I don't recognise and Cockerels. The latter deciding that they would compete each morning at 4.30 to see who could make the largest cockadoodledo. The double glazing numbs it slightly, but f you are a light sleeper, take something to cover up your ears. It didn't spoil the holiday, just took some getting used to and adding nore alcohol the night before to aid the sleep.

I would recommend this resort to anyone travelling there. We went on a trip to Gibraltar and picked up from a Los Amigos resport which I think is Disney, I will look up tonight, this too, looked an excellent resort with pools etc and looked fairly new, but it was more away from civilisation and you would need a car.

I will add further as I recall bits of teh break and things to do/see and hopefully some pictures, but if anyone has any particular questions then let me know.

Sounds as though you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for sharing.

This is great. I am sure I will exchange here often as my best friend is moving out to Cala Honda which is not too far away. I have checked out the exchanges and there is a few others in the area too.

How much were your flights?

Susan

We flew from Coventry, at the time we got the exchange, the really cheap flights had gone and we paid £750 for 4, children were the same as adults.

The price would sound about right for school holidays. Would you do an exchange again? We really like the extra flexability and are doing an exchange to Devon!!!

Susan

Would definitely exchange again. When we purchased, our main concern was the fact that although we love Disney, we would want to exchange every 3/4 years for something different.
The worry when we did sign up, was that each week has to be an individual week, so getting someone to give up two consecutive weeks of prime time may be difficult to find.

However, being nosey whilst away, I realised that Interval and Sunterra run points based schemes now so I think they will always have spare weeks at different resorts because their members want to go to Disney.

Fully recommend it.
When do you go to Devon? Let us know what that place is like.

We go at February half term so won't be good weather!!! I have already phoned the local pubs to make sure they take children and they do which is good news!!!

We have plenty of points but not enough cash this year so we went for something we can drive to cut down on travelling costs. We have already booked our flights for WDW for October 2006 and are using points at Disneyland Paris this October. We feel that DVC is really flexible so we can have a holiday in Orlando and one closer to home each year.

Susan

Hi there,
Was wondering how far in advance you booked the exchange and did you get immediate availability? We are thinking about an exchange for next August. Do you think we will be ok for then?

Thanks
Janet :3dglasses

We applied Summer 04, and there was nothing instant. We went away in November that year and missed a call from them with an exchange, you only have two days to call them back so listen to your voice messages if going away.

We then got a call again in January 05.

We were flexible, we told them that anything in Spain or Portugal for two weeks, but if they had just 1 week, to let us know, but our dates had to be end Jul/Early August.

You do have to pay the $75 up front when you ask them to keep searching for you, they don't charge to have a look if anything is immediately available unless it is, and they charge you for the reservation then, so asking well in advance is advisory. I would call them straight away if you want a peak time exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter