World of Color Virtual Queue / showtimes

Princess351

Mouseketeer
So, I understand World of Color uses a virtual queue. I would *prefer* the later show, but it appears you just "get what you get" with the virtual queue.
If I get an earlier show time, does anyone know if it can be used to access the later show? (I searched and couldn't find if they ever allowed this... my thinking is the later show is less populated). Anyone with experience?

The later show is definitely less busy than the earlier one. Officially your VQ will only work for the first show if that's what you get, but I am fairly certain if you're the least bit courteous with the CMs that they would let you into the reserved viewing area anyway for the later show.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'll just hope to get the later show with the VQ, and if not, then we'll see what happens! Thanks for your reply!

Just a question--going to DL for the first time in a couple of weeks--do we need a virtual que to watch the nighttime spectaculars or is it like Disney World?

Just a question--going to DL for the first time in a couple of weeks--do we need a virtual que to watch the nighttime spectaculars or is it like Disney World?
You'd only need it for World Of Color. Fantasmic isn't showing right now, and the fireworks viewing doesn't require a queue. I'm pretty sure you can do WOC standby if you want to.

You need a virtual queue to watch World of Color from the designated viewing area, but there are other places you can still see the show. Also, maybe they take standby into the viewing area for the second showing if it's not filled.

If you do get the earlier show, you can remove yourself from the virtual queue and then try again - we were able to do this successfully on our February trip and I believe it took about 30 minutes (12:30) to get the second show. We just removed and then rejoined until the second show popped up (which was annoying, but we like being in the very front and I didn't want to risk the CMs saying no if we showed up without a VQ).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...I'm headed to DL in a couple of weeks and I've never done a VQ before. What time does WOC's open up? Will I be okay to enter even though I haven't park hopped over to DCA yet at that point?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...I'm headed to DL in a couple of weeks and I've never done a VQ before. What time does WOC's open up? Will I be okay to enter even though I haven't park hopped over to DCA yet at that point?
Here's the official line: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/virtual-queue/

World of Color - ONE
Follow these important guidelines to join the virtual queue and experience this thrilling nighttime spectacular from the preferred viewing area in Paradise Gardens Park:

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day may be able to join the virtual queue in the Disneyland app beginning at 12:00 PM (noon), subject to availability.
  • To access the virtual queue, Guests must have entered Disney California Adventure Park with a one-park ticket or Park Hopper ticket, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket.
  • If the virtual queue reaches capacity, please visit the Paradise Bay viewing area 30 to 45 minutes before showtime to check in with a Cast Member for walk-up viewing options.
  • Guests with a virtual queue selection will receive a notification through the Disneyland app to enter the viewing area via one of the 2 marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow), approximately 45 minutes before the show begins.

I'd read that if you don't jump on right at noon but hop on later you're more likely to get the later showing. I think I hopped onto the VQ page about 1:55 or so on Wednesday and got the second show.

Everyone else on here may know this, but I got very confused by reading about the 2 marked entrance points and thought that the VQ assigned you to one or the other, but that was not the case for this past week at least - you could enter through either. For people visiting I was not the only one confused as I overheard multiple people asking how they knew which one they were supposed to use. Not sure how else they could do it without having the VQ assign you to an entrance and having 2 explicit areas for it OR just assigning the VQ one color and saying you may enter via either entry point.

Here's the official line: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/virtual-queue/

World of Color - ONE
Follow these important guidelines to join the virtual queue and experience this thrilling nighttime spectacular from the preferred viewing area in Paradise Gardens Park:

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day may be able to join the virtual queue in the Disneyland app beginning at 12:00 PM (noon), subject to availability.
  • To access the virtual queue, Guests must have entered Disney California Adventure Park with a one-park ticket or Park Hopper ticket, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket.
  • If the virtual queue reaches capacity, please visit the Paradise Bay viewing area 30 to 45 minutes before showtime to check in with a Cast Member for walk-up viewing options.
  • Guests with a virtual queue selection will receive a notification through the Disneyland app to enter the viewing area via one of the 2 marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow), approximately 45 minutes before the show begins.
It sounds like we'll get a notification to enter the VQ viewing area around 8:15pm for a 9pm show. So the entering window begins at 8:15pm. When does the VQ entering window close? 8:30pm? 8:55pm?

After it closes, do they just allow any guests to fill in the remaining space?

I am trying to decide when is the latest I can make my Lamplight Lounge reservation and still make it into the VQ viewing area for the 9pm show.

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter