World of Color Superthread

Is it true that if you are a party of 2 you will be paired up with another couple and have to share a table/food? I feel like that would cause me more anxiety than the crowds would. Having our own private space was the main appeal of this to me.
Yes. Once we had 3 people at a table and even then we had another person seated at our table. Another trip I was 2 people and we had 2 kids put with us whose parents were seated at the table next to us with 2 more kids. Yeah it's awkward, especially since you're supposed to share the bread basket :crazy2: If sitting with 2 strangers will stress you out I would definitely skip this.

Yes. When my husband and I went a couple years ago, another couple was seated with us. They were nice enough, but we didn't engage in lengthy conversation with them. Just the usual "where are you from?" type small talk. Other than that, we had separate conversations. Sharing the bread basket wasn't that bad. Sitting with other people's kids would be kind of odd. I anticipate having a random person with us at our 3-top table this year, unless we get lucky.

Yes I will say I loved the dessert party but I went alone as we had young kids so my hubby gifted it to me and he stayed with the kiddos at the hotel. It was wonderful but I got sat with a couple and totally third wheeled them... but whatevs...I’d do it again.

So apparently the return has been officially confirmed by Disney (yay!). No changes on the website, but official return date is slated to be 3/1 with soft openings the entire week before starting 2/23.

How crazy would the park be for DCA/WoC on 3/1 with the Food & Wine returning as well? If I go on 3/1, I'm definitely going with the Carthay Circle lunch package. The only other day available for our trip is 2/28, but it's our arrival day and I'm hesitant to hold a lunch reservation in case of flight delays.

... How crazy would the park be for DCA/WoC on 3/1 with the Food & Wine returning as well? If I go on 3/1, I'm definitely going with the Carthay Circle lunch package...
DCA might be busy in the morning if people are trying to get WOC FPs, but I think it will be more busy for F&W. Remember, the WOC viewing area only holds a limited number of guests (around 4,000). Everyone entering the viewing area must have a FP, either free or with a dining package. No FP, no entrance to the viewing area. Period. So there wouldn't be any point for people who didn't get a FP to just hang around for the show that night. The view outside Paradise Bay isn't that good. There would be more point to hang around for F&W.

Question for those of you that got in line early for the Dessert Party, how early? I am going solo Feb 28 and the time of my reservation is 7:30. I'm wondering how early I should get there.

Is it true that if you are a party of 2 you will be paired up with another couple and have to share a table/food? I feel like that would cause me more anxiety than the crowds would. Having our own private space was the main appeal of this to me.

We've done the DP twice - it's our favorite thing to splurge on and the only dessert party we've ever done multiple times. Both times it was myself and one other adult. We lined up about an hour prior, but just because I am super short so high top was a must. The first trip we were sat with another couple - ironically a couple we had been chatting with in line, so that was kind of fun. The second time, we had our own table.

I totally get your anxiety being sat with others! It wasn't bad at all! I will say, we've only had one negative experience at a DP, and that was for illuminations in Epcot. DH and I were sat with a mom and 3 kids who clearly thought adults without kids had no place there. We just ended up mostly ignoring her, haha. Disneyland has never made it feel awkward for us!

On another note - anyone think Disney is going to take advantage of the re-opening and pump out some new merch? My old hoodie from 2016 is getting kind of sad and there wasn't a lot to find for adults last year! :)

Edited to add - @ash-n-brensmom that's our date as well!! See you there!!

Last edited:
last time we were there was August 2016 and my son received a mammoth Light up cup. Was that a limited time promotion or was there still a gift for the kids before WOC closed last? thanks!IMG_0859.JPG

So I know I said I couldn't pay $80 for my 3 year old.....but here I come asking for advice because I'm actually considering it.

What is the seating arrangement. We will be 6 (4 adults and 2 kids). Is it only tables of 4?

Last edited:
We've done the DP twice - it's our favorite thing to splurge on and the only dessert party we've ever done multiple times. Both times it was myself and one other adult. We lined up about an hour prior, but just because I am super short so high top was a must. The first trip we were sat with another couple - ironically a couple we had been chatting with in line, so that was kind of fun. The second time, we had our own table.

I totally get your anxiety being sat with others! It wasn't bad at all! I will say, we've only had one negative experience at a DP, and that was for illuminations in Epcot. DH and I were sat with a mom and 3 kids who clearly thought adults without kids had no place there. We just ended up mostly ignoring her, haha. Disneyland has never made it feel awkward for us!

On another note - anyone think Disney is going to take advantage of the re-opening and pump out some new merch? My old hoodie from 2016 is getting kind of sad and there wasn't a lot to find for adults last year! :)

Edited to add - @ash-n-brensmom that's our date as well!! See you there!!

Awesome! Maybe I'll end up being your third wheel...warning I am totally cool talking to strangers!! Lol

I wanted done of those cups too! We were in a group of 3 and no one joined us, lol. I offered to skip the alcohol for the cup, but no dice. I love this DP because you can sit, with a great view, and enjoy the show. We are not locals, east coasters, so it is worth it for us to do once every 1-2 years.

For those asking about times, here’s what I was told when I booked for March(after being told there were no reservations available, the CM called me back to book it and with more info):
The CM read me a script that she looked up. It said there is 1 show per night and the show is scheduled to start when the park closes( I booked on a day that DCA closes at 10, so the show is at 10). Guests booked for the dessert party are asked to arrive 45 min before the show to be seated and served before the show begins.

The only time we've done the dessert party in the past, DH and I were sat with another couple. They were really surprised when they were led to the table to see us sitting there. There was an awkward exchange between the couple and the host. "We paid a lot of money for this --and it's shared seating?!" (I'm thinking, , and then they begrudgingly sat with us. They didn't say much, and it was very awkward. I still enjoyed the show, the view, and the desserts though.

I'm trying to convince DH to do it again, but I think he's soured on it. :-\ I still think it's the best way to enjoy the show without a large time commitment.

Last edited:
The only time we've done the dessert party in the past, DH and I were sat with another couple. They were really surprised when they were led to the table to see us sitting there. There was an awkward exchange between the couple and the host. "We paid a lot of money for this --and it's shared seating?!" (I'm thinking, , and then they begrudgingly sat with us. They didn't say much, and it was very awkward. I still enjoyed the show, the view, and the desserts though.

I'm trying to convince DH to do it again, but I think he's soured on it. :-\ I still think it's the best way to enjoy the show without a large time commitment.

We got lucky and it was just me and my son. I would have been so uncomfortable if someone reacted that way when they walked up. It clearly states that you may have to share seating. I’m fully expecting it on 2/23 since it’s just re-opened.

We got lucky and it was just me and my son. I would have been so uncomfortable if someone reacted that way when they walked up. It clearly states that you may have to share seating. I’m fully expecting it on 2/23 since it’s just re-opened.
I know! People can be frustrating ... they don't read the terms/fine print. I also think sometimes people assume that if they put up a fuss they will get special treatment. Nope, it just makes you look like a jerk!

last time we were there was August 2016 and my son received a mammoth Light up cup. Was that a limited time promotion or was there still a gift for the kids before WOC closed last? thanks!
The cups were originally for sale (~$25), but there was not much demand. It seems the cups were a nice gift for kids attending the DP, and cleared unsold stock. The cups were gone when WOC went down, but perhaps Disney will find a few more boxes (or pallets) :goodvibes

Before WoC went down, what time did FP generally run out assuming 1 show? I'm sure it varies, but I'd just like to get an idea of what to plan for. And do they always pass out the colors in the same order or does it vary?

As far as MaxPass, I guess we won't know until the show starts back up, but will there be a way to tell which color is handed out before booking it in the app? Does Fantasmic do this with showtimes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter