World of Color Superthread

We were there on New Year's Day (busy, crowded time) and were able to get FPs for the second show 30 minutes before showtime. There was CM at the GRR machines handing out the FPs. So it looks like FPs are lasting much longer than they used to!

I think you can "Ask Otto" (714) 520-7090 but I could be wrong. I'm not a DL vet but I read this somewhere else and just saw no one responded to you. Don't quote me on this.
I found "Ask Otto" doesn't seem to tell you if FP are still available for the shows. We went ahead and took our chances and when we got to DCA around 7 PM on Sunday, 1/3, there were still FP's available for both shows. We watched both shows that night and had good spots in the wet zone for both, one in yellow and the other in blue. It was a great way to start the trip! We liked both shows but Winter Dreams was our favorite and we made sure to see it one more time before it was off the schedule.

I do have a question about WOC Winter Dreams; that first night they had giant snowflakes (made out of soap suds) falling from the sky. It was really awesome! Some landed in the water and we took pictures but they didn't turn out real well. When we went back to see it one last time on Wed night, we were looking forward to the giant "snowfall", but it didn't happen. Was this a one time occurrence or have others seen the giant snowflakes at the end of WOC Winter Dreams? We really enjoyed seeing them!

As far as I know, the red section was eliminated a long time ago. There are now 3 sections: blue, yellow, and preferred dining (which is split into WCT & Ariel's and CCR -- but I've heard that these sections can be combined on nights when there aren't many guests using the dining packages).

Is there a diagram of where the FastPass locations are now? I intend on eating at CCR but if the blue or yellow spots are better, I rather get those FastPasses. I honestly didn't love our CCR location when we did it 2 years ago.

As far as I know, the red section was eliminated a long time ago. There are now 3 sections: blue, yellow, and preferred dining (which is split into WCT & Ariel's and CCR -- but I've heard that these sections can be combined on nights when there aren't many guests using the dining packages).
I think you are right! I was looking at an old map....
Thanks.

Is there a diagram of where the FastPass locations are now? I intend on eating at CCR but if the blue or yellow spots are better, I rather get those FastPasses. I honestly didn't love our CCR location when we did it 2 years ago.
Check the map in the first post of this thread.:)

I really hope they give us an updated version of the show this year.

With Fantasmic closed, and Celebrate! not soaking up as many crowds as it should, it's going to get really packed on Main Street for Paint the Night and the fireworks, since there will be no projections on the River Screens anymore. You can pretty much always walk up and get in standby since they are not distributing enough FP.

Or, I wonder if with F! closed if they are counting on more people seeing WOC Celebrate! instead? Personally, I'd opt for fireworks and a parade, but what would you guys do?

Taking my kids (6,2) and my parents (70) to DLR this June. I haven't been in over a decade to this resort. My concern with WOC is my 2yo and 70yo will have difficulty standing waiting for 90min. We aren't overly concerned with having the "best" view but one that's manageable if we choose to go.

1. If we do FP and arrive about 30min beforehand is the view completely obstructed?

2. Are strollers banned from the area of children are sleeping in it?

Taking my kids (6,2) and my parents (70) to DLR this June. I haven't been in over a decade to this resort. My concern with WOC is my 2yo and 70yo will have difficulty standing waiting for 90min. We aren't overly concerned with having the "best" view but one that's manageable if we choose to go.

1. If we do FP and arrive about 30min beforehand is the view completely obstructed?

2. Are strollers banned from the area of children are sleeping in it?

You can bring strollers no problem per se. Where strollers become an issue is if you try to get there when they open the viewing area it is hard to navigate to a viewing spot with a stroller and all the other people. Best bet is to send the bulk of the group ahead and then catch up.

It is hard to say about the 30 minutes thing but it is highly likely your kids will not be able to see anything unless you hold them. And grownups that are not near 6 ft tall will not be able to see very well. Sometimes you can get the fire hydrant spot at the 30 minute time and that is not bad. But it is a coin flip whether it will be free.

Here are your options:

1. Do the 90 minute early thing and send kids off with a parent while everyone else holds the spot. Kids return say 20 minutes before the show.

2. Take your chances with the fire hydrant spot at 30 minutes and if it does not work just skip the show. Not much time wasted.

:wizard:

How does the new dessert party option figure in? I figure nobody will know until after it's been in operation for a while.

I have 5 people in my party, grandma, mom&dad, a 7 yo girl and a 2 yo boy. this thread is so helpful. we are going in July so I am anticipating an insane wait time for this. Maybe I will blow the money on the dessert package if its around then. this show seems like kind of a nightmare if you actually hope to see it and do anything else in the park that evening. I want to try and avoid the crying child scenario if I can. We've got 5 full days at the parks.

Last edited:
How does the new dessert party option figure in? I figure nobody will know until after it's been in operation for a while.

I have 5 people in my party, grandma, mom&dad, a 7 yo girl and a 2 yo boy. this thread is so helpful. we are going in July so I am anticipating an insane wait time for this. Maybe I will blow the money on the dessert package if its around then. this show seems like kind of a nightmare if you actually hope to see it and do anything else in the park that evening. I want to try and avoid the crying child scenario if I can. We've got 5 full days at the parks.

As the OP, IMHO the current "WOC - Celebrate" is just not as good as the regular WOC. Who knows when that is coming back, if ever? I suspect (hope???) the regular WOC will come back in September after the 60th celebration ends.

And I would not recommend anyone pay the $75-80 for this WOC dessert option for this show. Maybe for the regular one but not the Celebrate version.

Yes we will know more after the dessert option is rolled out later this month. But I cannot imagine any dessert offering that would be worth it.

My two cents.

Question: my brother & his buddies are at DL today, and today only. They want to try to see WOC and the fireworks. Is there any chance they could pull it off? Fireworks are 9:10, WOC is 9:45. They have a Blue FP for WOC.

What's the latest you can arrive with a FP and still get into the designated viewing area?

I told him that it would be extremely difficult - they'd have to hussle from fireworks to WOC, and they can't expect good viewing at either. Any thoughts?

This may have been answered but this thread is soooooooooooooooooooooooo long...hoping someone can answer for me...

Is the lower reserved dining section ECV accessible? We are doing Carthay Circle lunch WOC package and will have an ecv. Just wondering if we have a chance to get that view if we arrive early enough.

Can someone confirm for me that the WoC Dining Package is not available for booking if the park hours haven't been released yet? For example, I tried to book for July 16th online at the 60 day mark, but no options were available. I assumed upon seeing this that it's tied to park hours being released. Is that right, or should be jumping on the phone to book it?

Also, is it possible to book Carthay Circle now and then just show up and tell them we want the dining package? I assume not; they need to not oversell the reserved seating area. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing any avenues by which we could book this now. Thanks!

Can someone confirm for me that the WoC Dining Package is not available for booking if the park hours haven't been released yet? For example, I tried to book for July 16th online at the 60 day mark, but no options were available. I assumed upon seeing this that it's tied to park hours being released. Is that right, or should be jumping on the phone to book it?

Also, is it possible to book Carthay Circle now and then just show up and tell them we want the dining package? I assume not; they need to not oversell the reserved seating area. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing any avenues by which we could book this now. Thanks!

Anyone?

I believe you have to tell CCR in advance you are booking the WOC dining package. You can go ahead and book that and then, if you want, change it to regular CCR (non-WOC) I believe.

I have not done the WOC dessert package. So I do not know the rules. The old F! dessert package was booked at 30 days not 60. So I can't help you. Maybe someone else can.

Last edited:
We've switched to the WoC package at time of checkin. I don't know how hard their limits are on the package.

Question (I just tried to call the Disneyland dining phone line but no one answered): I am thinking of doing the WOC dining package in November. It will be me and my 2 1/2 year old son. All the information I see online has prices for children ages 3-9. I know he doesn't need a fastpass to see WOC since he won't have a park ticket (free under 3 years old), but how does the dining package work for a 2 year old? Would he be able to eat for free, or would I have to pay for the kids meal (ages 3-9) even though he is not 3? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter