World of Color Picnics - not showing up

micahy

Earning My Ears
Headed to DL first week of February. Interested in the World of Color Picnic offering to avoid having to wrangle fastpasses first thing in the morning.

According to the Disneyland website:

"Advance pre-purchase of picnics is available from one (1) to 30 days before show date."

So far, the entire month has been greyed out on the link to prepurchase - we've been checking daily.

Anyone know if this means the picnics are just going to be unavailable for February?

thanks-

Perhaps they just haven't put the month up yet. It looks like they have a new calendar system.

I talked to a Disney travel rep on the phone a few days ago when I was finishing up our reservations for our trip later this month, and she told me that right now WOC is scheduled to run thru the end of Jan. but she didn't know about whether it would or wouldn't be running in future months. Maybe the dinners aren't avail. to order b/c DL hasn't decided on the WOC schedule for upcoming months(?) I can't imagine they'd stop showing it in Feb. My guess is they just haven't finished up the entertainment schedule.

I talked to a Disney travel rep on the phone a few days ago when I was finishing up our reservations for our trip later this month, and she told me that right now WOC is scheduled to run thru the end of Jan. but she didn't know about whether it would or wouldn't be running in future months. Maybe the dinners aren't avail. to order b/c DL hasn't decided on the WOC schedule for upcoming months(?) I can't imagine they'd stop showing it in Feb. My guess is they just haven't finished up the entertainment schedule.

WOC is on the DCA schedule (with times) through February 28th. :confused3

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2011/02

I made an AG ressie for a WOC dining package. Also, WOC is on the schedule. I hope WOC is going to be shown!

I just spoke with DLR Dining as well as Guest Communications. Both confirmed that yes, WoC is running in February. They have utterly no idea why the picnics aren't showing as available past Jan 31, as neither Dining or Guest Comm. have seen any indications that the picnics are being discontinued.

The rep I spoke to took my name and number so she could call me back after doing more research and contacting the IT department. The current suspicion is that it's a web page malfunction rather than an actual policy or availability decision.

DLR just called back to say that yes, it's a website issue and it should be resolved by the end of the week, leaving plenty of time to order for February.

Just a quick update. I found guest services about this and he promised that February will be up and running within "a day or two".

Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter