World of Color Dessert Party Seating

Tink7474

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone!

Does anyone know how many chairs the high top tables for WOC Dessert Party have?
Or if it’s likely that a party of 2 would be seated with another party?

Thank you!

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone know how many chairs the high top tables for WOC Dessert Party have?

Thank you!
We were there a few weeks ago and were very disappointed by how jammed in the chairs were - 4 seats per table, and the tables are as close as they can get them. There were probably a couple dozen high top tables to the back and the same number of regular tables in the front. It's not an absolute, but it's very likely you'll be sitting with another party at your table, and very close to the party at the next table, depending which side you're sitting.

Hey Everyone!

Thank you!
Yes, they put all the tables right up next to each other. There are 4 seats per table. I did not see anyone with only 2 people at a table so I think it is probable that you will be seated with another pair. I will say, ALL the people who I was around were really great, fun people and I ended up interacting with them anyway (even though they were not at my particular table because we had 4 people, they were so close it was kind of impossible to avoid it).

Every time I have been at the dessert party in the past (pre-covid), we have been seated with another 2 person group.
I never had an issue with this.
They were pretty packed in, but not uncomfortable.

We were lucky and were seated at a high top with another party of 2, but it was one of the "front" high top tables. And the only thing in front of us was the low ledge/bush, with no tables close by on either side, either. We lined up early for checking in, so probably that helped. When we told the cast member we wanted a high top, we were given the option of high top front or back.

I guess we were super lucky overall, because we also were seated at a 2-top table for the Oogie Boogie dessert party. But I didn't see any 2-tops for World of Color. I'll say too that even sitting with another party for WOC, we had a great experience talking to them before the show started.

I was leaning towards asking for a high top. What are people's recommendations for what to ask for?

We enjoyed the high top table. The seats were very comfortable and the view was great. We had 4 at our table. We didn’t feel cramped with the other tables.

We got stuck a low top table when we did the dessert party. While I would gladly pay for the high top I would not for the low top.

we did a low top a week ago. I actually wanted the low top because I didn't want my little in the high off the ground chair. Our view was great and we did not feel crowded. I requested "low and center". They kept the area directly in front of the tables free of standing people. 8A63B1CC-6C8A-4894-8F6D-0C008722DAEA.jpeg65011CFA-F441-4372-B0CA-50D3D108A8A1.jpeg

We were first in line to pick tables on October14th, we got a high top, front row. The guy checking us in said it was THE best table in his opinion, #17. It was me and my husband, and they also put the next 2 people in line at our table. I was on the left hand side of the table, and a low top table was next to me so it did not feel crowded at all. It might have felt different for the little family sitting right next to the high top. I liked that my chairs had arm rests and I could lounge and change positions a little bit. Included is the picture my husband took of me, and then my view during the show.

Attachments

• Resized_20221014_202259.jpeg
    Resized_20221014_202259.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221014_212446.jpg
    20221014_212446.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59
We were first in line to pick tables on October14th, we got a high top, front row. The guy checking us in said it was THE best table in his opinion, #17. It was me and my husband, and they also put the next 2 people in line at our table. I was on the left hand side of the table, and a low top table was next to me so it did not feel crowded at all. It might have felt different for the little family sitting right next to the high top. I liked that my chairs had arm rests and I could lounge and change positions a little bit. Included is the picture my husband took of me, and then my view during the show.
Heyyy! We were there at the exact same time! Wasn't the CM checking people in the nicest ever?

Heyyy! We were there at the exact same time! Wasn't the CM checking people in the nicest ever?
Yes! I knew you were going to be there and actually thought about if it would be weird to start calling out for a Katyringo while we were in line to see if anyone would answer. In the end I decided that yes- it would be to weird. 🤣 We interacted quite a bit with 3 cast members working the line and all 3 were just the sweetest! The guy actually checking people in on the tablet, then there was another guy answering questions at the podium, and there was the guy that led everyone down to the tables with the light up staff. It was a fantastic way to end our 20th anniversary trip.

We went in august and had a high top for the three of us; there was one remaining chair, so 4 chairs all together

This was our view

Attachments

• 2663961C-EA9A-45B4-A115-D18F0F865A2C.jpeg
    2663961C-EA9A-45B4-A115-D18F0F865A2C.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 46
What time do you guys recommend checking in? Once you check in, do you have to stay in the area, or do you come back later. We have reservations for the 2nd show at 9:15.

Hey Everyone!

Thank you!
You will be seated with another party. Disney Tourist Blog has a review with excellent photos of the area - you can see where the chairs are as smashed in together as you would imagine.

Thanks for all this good info. We will be going in a few weeks and were lucky enough to get reservations for the dessert party. We are a party of 5 .. 3 adults and 2 kids. How will seating work for us? Can they just add another chair? Also wondering if they have high chairs available as one of the kids is not quite 2.

Thanks for all this good info. We will be going in a few weeks and were lucky enough to get reservations for the dessert party. We are a party of 5 .. 3 adults and 2 kids. How will seating work for us? Can they just add another chair? Also wondering if they have high chairs available as one of the kids is not quite 2.
I don’t think they have high chairs but I am not positive on that.

Did you pay for the not-quite-2-year-old? You do not have to as under 3 is free at Disneyland. But if you did, the child will get a dessert plate. If not, they child can eat off your plate and is supposed to sit in your lap (no chair).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter