World of Color Dessert Party Question

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm pondering doing this in August. Is it like the dessert parties in WDW where you go through a buffet line and select things or is it a set plate of things?

I'm pondering doing this in August. Is it like the dessert parties in WDW where you go through a buffet line and select things or is it a set plate of things?
It's a plate of items. There's cheese, grapes, crackers, a mini bundt cake, a fancy cookie, a frosted Mickey rice krispie and I think a macaroon. Everything was delicious! You also get drinks.

It's a plate of items. There's cheese, grapes, crackers, a mini bundt cake, a fancy cookie, a frosted Mickey rice krispie and I think a macaroon. Everything was delicious! You also get drinks.

Thanks. I may skip it then. I much prefer the ability to select what I want. :(

Not sure how big your party is, but another issue is that solo travelers or couples are typically sat with others...it's shared seating. While we enjoyed our view of the show and the seat, we were sat with another couple who was not aware it was shared. They were not happy and it made the situation very awkward.

Not sure how big your party is, but another issue is that solo travelers or couples are typically sat with others...it's shared seating. While we enjoyed our view of the show and the seat, we were sat with another couple who was not aware it was shared. They were not happy and it made the situation very awkward.
I think this is very important for anyone with WDW dessert party experience to understand. The view is what you pay for not the comfort of space or unlimited dessert and food like WDW.

Though I hate they bury the lead about the shared seating (I was one of the unhappy people, quite a bit of social anxiety, but I wasn’t the one that made it awkward for you I promise) far down in the page and wasn’t my prior experience with this party when the tables were more spaced.

I think this is very important for anyone with WDW dessert party experience to understand. The view is what you pay for not the comfort of space or unlimited dessert and food like WDW.

Though I hate they bury the lead about the shared seating (I was one of the unhappy people, quite a bit of social anxiety, but I wasn’t the one that made it awkward for you I promise) far down in the page and wasn’t my prior experience with this party when the tables were more spaced.
I agree regarding the seating. I find it strange that they make that very important piece of information so buried. DH and I both also struggle with social anxiety, but we at least knew what we were potentially getting into. I cant imagine the reverse. Not blaming the unhappy people at all. I get it, but it was just awkward. I felt for them as well.

I would much rather get the pre-plated set of items than have to waste time fighting through a buffet line, and don't mind sharing a table with other people, but my disappointment was the "one drink per guest" policy. At that price point, I expect a refill or two.

I would much rather get the pre-plated set of items than have to waste time fighting through a buffet line, and don't mind sharing a table with other people, but my disappointment was the "one drink per guest" policy. At that price point, I expect a refill or two.
The thing I like with the buffet is you get to choose what you want. Want more cheese and less cake? No problem. Want more chocolate covered strawberries and zero melon? No problem. The time I went at WDW there was never really a fight for the line as people arrived kind of spread out.

I’ll likely just do the Virtual Queue for it - the dessert party is out for me and not really into the current menu at Wine Country and have already planned Storytellers breakfast or brunch.

Really, you only got one drink? I thought it was two "adult" beverages and unlimited non-alcoholic. I did it when it was first available, maybe 8 years ago and I got two very weak drinks, water and I think a hot chocolate.

I was also lucky in that I don't think I had to share a table and I was a solo guest. Back then I would have been very uncomfortable sharing a table but not as much anymore.

It appears that they've silently dropped it from 2 alcoholic beverages to 1 while retaining the same $89 price point. Previous blog posts and YouTube reviews clearly mentioned 2 included alcoholic beverages while, today, the official site references a singular beverage: "An alcoholic beverage for adults, age 21 and older."

Does anyone know when this change was made? I'm unable to load the page with the Wayback Machine to see when it may have been modified.

Last edited:
It appears that they've silently dropped it from 2 alcoholic beverages to 1 while retaining the same $89 price point. Previous blog posts and YouTube reviews clearly mentioned 2 included alcoholic beverages while the today the official site references a singular beverage: "An alcoholic beverage for adults, age 21 and older."

Does anyone know when this change was made? I'm unable to load the page with the Wayback Machine to see when it may have been modified.
Wow. It was definitely two alcoholic beverages when we went last April (2022). One is just really cheap for what you’re paying.

It appears that they've silently dropped it from 2 alcoholic beverages to 1 while retaining the same $89 price point. Previous blog posts and YouTube reviews clearly mentioned 2 included alcoholic beverages while, today, the official site references a singular beverage: "An alcoholic beverage for adults, age 21 and older."

that’s crazy I just reread the description on the website and indeed it says “an alcoholic beverage per adult…” that definitely sounds like a policy change…

I can’t believe it!

I could swear a couple days ago it still said 2 per person… I booked it just a couple days ago and reread everything. I must have skipped that part or it did actually change in the last 1-2 weeks…

This is a little downer for me. I was telling my parents all about the 2 drinks and unlimited rest and now I have to break the news that Disney silently changed it…
I really don’t like that they didn’t properly announce it or make the change more obvious and noticeable.

It's definitely recent but I don't know when. I agree, I definitely think the wording has changed.
We did the DP this month on May the 6th and it was still two drinks then.
I would probably still do the party because I like the seating but it's definitely a down-grade in value if it's now 1 drink only! The unlimited soft drinks, water, coffee/tea & hot chocolate still gives pretty good value although I can understand people being unhappy if they've quietly reduced the alcoholic beverages from 2 to 1.

We did the party on May 18th and it was still two drinks per person.

The deserts were ok. We had strawberries instead of grapes. But if you are not a big sweets person you’re not going to enjoy the food much. I felt like everything was overly sweet and I’m a sweets person. The Bundt cake was very cake pop like IMO and was so sweet I didn’t eat it all.

I will also say that if someone in a party of one or two was totally surprised by the sharing of the table the cast member doing the check in dropped the ball. They made sure we were aware of the fact we’d be sharing and asked if that was ok. We didn’t love the idea but were prepared to just go with the flow. Ended up working out well in the end as the couple we shared with we’d met the day before at the parade after taking the 100 year celebration guided tour and we had a great conversation before the show.

The view was amazing and was well worth the price just for the place to sit and watch.

that’s crazy I just reread the description on the website and indeed it says “an alcoholic beverage per adult…” that definitely sounds like a policy change…

I can’t believe it!

I could swear a couple days ago it still said 2 per person… I booked it just a couple days ago and reread everything. I must have skipped that part or it did actually change in the last 1-2 weeks…

This is a little downer for me. I was telling my parents all about the 2 drinks and unlimited rest and now I have to break the news that Disney silently changed it…
I really don’t like that they didn’t properly announce it or make the change more obvious and noticeable.
I am pretty certain it said 2 when I booked this about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
I am pretty certain it said 2 when I booked this about 3 weeks ago.
When I booked for June it wasn’t singular. I will be curious if they honor that based on booking or if they have changed this past week to only serving one.

I was there a couple of weeks ago in May and our server didn’t indicate we could only have one alcoholic beverage, he was constantly asking us what we wanted and if we wanted refills. (I got some more sparkling wine.) The problem is time - depending on when you’re seated, there’s only time for one or two drinks until the show starts.

We did the dessert party last week and both my wife and I were served two alcoholic drinks each as well as having unlimited non-alcoholic drinks for us and the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter