World Center Marriott/Timeshare Pool access

Penmac

Mouseketeer
We stayed at Marriott Royal Palms in 2016 and are considering a stay here (or at the Sabal) again this August. On that 2016 trip, we took a shuttle to the pool area at the World Center. It was a great and my kids enjoyed it. I know they have since opened the River Falls Water Park. I called the hotel tonight and they told me guests staying at the timeshares on property have access to all hotel amenities, but have to pay $20 admission (per person) to get into the water park. What I forgot to ask and now I am wondering is, does the hotel still have all the other existing pools as part of their free amenities? Can we still use the main pool area and one water slide, or did they tear all of that out with the renovation and move all pools to the water park?

I would consider a stay at the timeshare again if we had access to at least some pools at the main hotel for free. But, the price point is higher than say the Sheraton Vistana Resort and although Vistana doesn't have access to a giant resort like the Marriott timeshares, the units we have stayed in there tend to be nicer than what I experienced at the Palms during that one stay. I only want to pay the extra per night if my kids can swim in at least once nice pool at the World Center without a fee. The pool at the timeshare is nothing special so this is a dealbreaker.

I considered calling back and asking, but I feel like I will get a more direct answer her. Even when I asked about the water park, the guy worded it in such a way to try to confuse me. I asked about the pool amenities and he replied, "Yes! Timeshares have access to all amenities on property for free!" But then in a really quiet voice he added, "except the water park." LOL! Thanks in advance.

We stayed at Marriott Royal Palms in 2016 and are considering a stay here (or at the Sabal) again this August. On that 2016 trip, we took a shuttle to the pool area at the World Center. It was a great and my kids enjoyed it. I know they have since opened the River Falls Water Park. I called the hotel tonight and they told me guests staying at the timeshares on property have access to all hotel amenities, but have to pay $20 admission (per person) to get into the water park. What I forgot to ask and now I am wondering is, does the hotel still have all the other existing pools as part of their free amenities? Can we still use the main pool area and one water slide, or did they tear all of that out with the renovation and move all pools to the water park?

I would consider a stay at the timeshare again if we had access to at least some pools at the main hotel for free. But, the price point is higher than say the Sheraton Vistana Resort and although Vistana doesn't have access to a giant resort like the Marriott timeshares, the units we have stayed in there tend to be nicer than what I experienced at the Palms during that one stay. I only want to pay the extra per night if my kids can swim in at least once nice pool at the World Center without a fee. The pool at the timeshare is nothing special so this is a dealbreaker.

I considered calling back and asking, but I feel like I will get a more direct answer her. Even when I asked about the water park, the guy worded it in such a way to try to confuse me. I asked about the pool amenities and he replied, "Yes! Timeshares have access to all amenities on property for free!" But then in a really quiet voice he added, "except the water park." LOL! Thanks in advance.
Honestly no one here can guarantee you anything.

I stayed at Imperial Palms last summer (going back next month) and they said we had access to the main hotel pool. We had planned a pool day, renting a cabana etc BUT when we went the entire pool was closed down.

I just got back from the Sabal Palms May 29 - June 3 (LOVED IT and going back in October) and I asked at check in since Sabal is right next to the waterpark. He said "We thought MVC would have access to the water park and pools, but right before it opened they told us we would have no access to it." So I'm not sure the $20 fee is even something real, it was not offered as an option. I actually followed up with the Marriott World Facebook and asked if we had any access and was told a flat no. I didn't ask about the main pool because Sabal has a decent small pool to cool off and we have Disney Waterpark AP.

I think I would be calling back to see what a new person says, calling MVC or better yet email and get something in writing to take with you.

EDIT to add I just looked at MVC HUB for my stay next month for Amenity Status at Imperial Palms. The site says --

The Orlando World Center Marriott* is open for Owners and guests “not including the water park” for access to their onsite amenities. Other onsite amenities are open, please see the Front Desk for details.

The pools at Marriott’s Royal Palms, Marriott’s Sabal Palms, and Marriott’s Imperial Palms remain open and available for use based on capacity.

The Orlando World Center Marriott is operated by an independent merchant not affiliated with Marriott Vacation Club International. Access to this amenity in pursuant to an agreement which is subject to expiration or termination.

From all the different amounts of information sounds like things change, maybe often. I would get an in writing commitment if it is important to you.

Last edited:
According to the person I spoke with the other day as of June 1 the new water park is $20 per day for MVC guests staying at the Palm resorts. The main pool and original water slides are still included. There is a website where MVC guests can book the new water park. For the life of me I cannot find the link today, but I was on it last night. As of now they only offer bookings 3 days out.

According to the person I spoke with the other day as of June 1 the new water park is $20 per day for MVC guests staying at the Palm resorts. The main pool and original water slides are still included. There is a website where MVC guests can book the new water park. For the life of me I cannot find the link today, but I was on it last night. As of now they only offer bookings 3 days out.
Thanks for these replies! Very helpful. If I book this resort through the Marriott Bonvoy website, am I still considered a "vacation club" member for the purposes of the stay? We do not own a timeshare. I would just be booking through Marriott.

Thanks for these replies! Very helpful. If I book this resort through the Marriott Bonvoy website, am I still considered a "vacation club" member for the purposes of the stay? We do not own a timeshare. I would just be booking through Marriott.
If you book the Orlando World Center Marriott the water park should be included.

What people want to know is about access if you are staying at one the adjacent timeshare resorts.

If you book the Orlando World Center Marriott the water park should be included.

What people want to know is about access if you are staying at one the adjacent timeshare resorts.
Thanks, I understand the World Center Marriott guests have access. We are a family of 7 so staying there is out of the question. My follow up question was if there is a difference in amenity use at the main hotel for Marriott timeshare property owners vs. someone just booking a stay at one of the Palms timeshares through Marriott website. :-) Maybe I am overthinking this whole thing! Thanks!!!

I saw this posted by Marriott World Center to explain the hotel resort fee. I thought it was helpful to see what was included.

Our Resort Fee includes the following:
- Daily admission to River Falls Water Park for up to 4 guests
- Daily scheduled shuttle service to Disney Parks for up to 4 guests
- Nightly scheduled shuttle service to Disney Springs for up to 4 guests
- Complimentary bag of balls and clubs for driving range use for up to 4 guests
- Enhanced in-room wireless internet for up to 6 devices

Thanks, I understand the World Center Marriott guests have access. We are a family of 7 so staying there is out of the question. My follow up question was if there is a difference in amenity use at the main hotel for Marriott timeshare property owners vs. someone just booking a stay at one of the Palms timeshares through Marriott website. :-) Maybe I am overthinking this whole thing! Thanks!!!
I don't feel like you are overthinking it, because we were in the same boat last year and again this year, if the waterpark is important to you (from what I see 3 slides and lazy river). Based on my trip two weeks ago, yes there is a difference. I would look for something in writing from Marriott to avoid any issues on arrival. We are returning next month and have no pool time scheduled at hotel because of what we were told last trip.

NOTE: We are booked as MVC Owner & Guests, so we are paying not resort fees at the "local level". Last trip we were told we could use the shuttle buses when we booked but had nothing in writing. Now seeing the above what resort fee includes I'm not sure about that either. It's so much different staying where there are two distinct types of lodging, it's the only MVC we have stayed at that are attached to a hotel.

Last edited:

I saw this posted by Marriott World Center to explain the hotel resort fee. I thought it was helpful to see what was included.

Our Resort Fee includes the following:
- Daily admission to River Falls Water Park for up to 4 guests
- Daily scheduled shuttle service to Disney Parks for up to 4 guests
- Nightly scheduled shuttle service to Disney Springs for up to 4 guests
- Complimentary bag of balls and clubs for driving range use for up to 4 guests
- Enhanced in-room wireless internet for up to 6 devices
I think you may be conflating two different things. You are referring to the Resort Fee you pay when you stay at the World Center Marriott Hotel. The OP is asking about access to the hotel pools/amenities when staying at Royal, Sabal, or Imperial Palms. It seems they have now instituted a new $20 fee for Palms guests to use the new River Falls Waterpark at the World Center Hotel.

I think you may be conflating two different things. You are referring to the Resort Fee you pay when you stay at the World Center Marriott Hotel. The OP is asking about access to the hotel pools/amenities when staying at Royal, Sabal, or Imperial Palms. It seems they have now instituted a new $20 fee for Palms guests to use the new River Falls Waterpark at the World Center Hotel.
I am not confusing the two properties. I stayed at Imperial Palms last July, stayed at Sabal Palms two weeks ago, staying at Imperial next month and Sabal in October. I'm familiar with the property.

I shared what was included with a Marriott World Hotel Resort Fee so it can be seen that those guests "are paying" for use of the Waterpark.

MVC (the Palms) stays do not have Resort Fee or Parking Fees. They have exclusive amenities of their own, and whatever the hotel allows at the time.

What I shared above was:

- That a couple weeks ago I was told directly by the MVC representative on site at Palms that I had no options for using the Waterpark. That it was a decision that surprised them, as they thought they would have an option. At that moment none.

- That I had contacted the Marriott World Center hotel direct and their representative apologized for the disappointment but they were not giving the MVC guests access to the waterpark.

I see that someone saw somewhere you could pay $20 per person as of June 1 but provided no actual information or link to do that? NOTE: I was actually there at that time and was told no.

So I explored ...

The website has been completely redesigned and I can get to the place where it offers amenities .... and where you can book cabanas (open for me to book at any pool) and I do now see ..

Vacation Club River Falls Day Pass

followed by ...

a big red button that is usually Book Now but says
UNAVAILABLE

If you look at calendar to click on, while I can book Cabanas there are no available dates for the Waterpark through April 2023.

Perhaps the waterpark has been so popular they are not opening it up to others yet. Lots of inconsistency in information from both hotel and MVC. It does not give any information on cost but it might be dynamic pricing. Not unusual for a day pass situation or limited items like cabanas. Perhaps at moment they are only doing onsite booking for it.

EDITED TO ADD: I started thinking about it but since it says "Vacation Club" maybe I had to be look via the MVC Owner account to open the dates. My stepfather is the owner and he is out of town so I couldn't check via him if it would open for our dates. That said since they have clearly called it "Vacation Club" does that mean guests booking Palms via Bonvoy or any third part booking are not included in this? Or are they just distinguishing a location on the property, in which case I should be able to book??

If it is important to someone, I'd get more clarification if it's a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I am not confusing the two properties. I stayed at Imperial Palms last July, stayed at Sabal Palms two weeks ago, staying at Imperial next month and Sabal in October. I'm familiar with the property.

I shared what was included with a Marriott World Hotel Resort Fee so it can be seen that those guests "are paying" for use of the Waterpark.

MVC (the Palms) stays do not have Resort Fee or Parking Fees. They have exclusive amenities of their own, and whatever the hotel allows at the time.

What I shared above was:

- That a couple weeks ago I was told directly by the MVC representative on site at Palms that I had no options for using the Waterpark. That it was a decision that surprised them, as they thought they would have an option. At that moment none.

- That I had contacted the Marriott World Center hotel direct and their representative apologized for the disappointment but they were not giving the MVC guests access to the waterpark.

I see that someone saw somewhere you could pay $20 per person as of June 1 but provided no actual information or link to do that? NOTE: I was actually there at that time and was told no.

So I explored ...

The website has been completely redesigned and I can get to the place where it offers amenities .... and where you can book cabanas (open for me to book at any pool) and I do now see ..

followed by ...

UNAVAILABLE

If you look at calendar to click on, while I can book Cabanas there are no available dates for the Waterpark through April 2023.

Perhaps the waterpark has been so popular they are not opening it up to others yet. Lots of inconsistency in information from both hotel and MVC. It does not give any information on cost but it might be dynamic pricing. Not unusual for a day pass situation or limited items like cabanas. Perhaps at moment they are only doing onsite booking for it.

EDITED TO ADD: I started thinking about it but since it says "Vacation Club" maybe I had to be look via the MVC Owner account to open the dates. My stepfather is the owner and he is out of town so I couldn't check via him if it would open for our dates. That said since they have clearly called it "Vacation Club" does that mean guests booking Palms via Bonvoy or any third part booking are not included in this? Or are they just distinguishing a location on the property, in which case I should be able to book??

If it is important to someone, I'd get more clarification if it's a deal breaker.
Very helpful info- thanks! I think we might steer clear. We loved it here before but I don't think the standard pool at Royal would be enough to entertain our kids all day on days we aren't visiting a park, which is several of our vacation days. Knowing we might not even be able to pay to get into the hotel waterpark is making me think this might not be the right vacation rental for us this trip.

I have it narrowed down to either Sheraton Vistana LBV or Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Pool options better at WBC but just not sure I want to deal with the parking there after coming back from the parks late at night. Have some thinking to do!

Very helpful info- thanks! I think we might steer clear. We loved it here before but I don't think the standard pool at Royal would be enough to entertain our kids all day on days we aren't visiting a park, which is several of our vacation days. Knowing we might not even be able to pay to get into the hotel waterpark is making me think this might not be the right vacation rental for us this trip.

I have it narrowed down to either Sheraton Vistana LBV or Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Pool options better at WBC but just not sure I want to deal with the parking there after coming back from the parks late at night. Have some thinking to do!
As a Palms guest you would still have access to the hotel pool and slide tower, just not the new River Falls Waterpark that they built.

What I shared above was:

So I explored ...

followed by ...

UNAVAILABLE

Ok, I found the website I was referring to in my earlier post.

https://orlandoworldcentermarriott.ipoolside.com/

As of the time of posting this there is availability every day this week for Palms guests at the new water park. There is also one day next week, and the entire third week of July is open. I was also told today that they only open reservations for Palms guests three weeks out based on how occupancy looks at the World Center Hotel. If traveling a busy week then there is a good chance Palms guests will not have a chance to book a day pass for the new water park.

Ok, I found the website I was referring to in my earlier post.

https://orlandoworldcentermarriott.ipoolside.com/

As of the time of posting this there is availability every day this week for Palms guests at the new water park. There is also one day next week, and the entire third week of July is open. I was also told today that they only open reservations for Palms guests three weeks out based on how occupancy looks at the World Center Hotel. If traveling a busy week then there is a good chance Palms guests will not have a chance to book a day pass for the new water park.
Yes, that is what I was looking at. It has now opened for me too, we are Imperial this trip, the week that is open. So if this is important to someone, they will have no chance to even know if it opens until a few weeks before (too late to change plans) and if they don't even know to book this in advance and wait until arrival, they may be blocked out. Not a great setup for MVC. 😒

At least Marriott isn't totally shutting out the timeshare side from its hotel pool facilities, which would be the easiest path to prevent disappointment from timeshare owners.

It will be interesting to track over time to see what availability looks like now that’s it’s live.

Yes, that is what I was looking at. It has now opened for me too, we are Imperial this trip, the week that is open. So if this is important to someone, they will have no chance to even know if it opens until a few weeks before (too late to change plans) and if they don't even know to book this in advance and wait until arrival, they may be blocked out. Not a great setup for MVC. 😒
Someone pointed this out over on TUG. It looks like it is $20 per person per day for up to 6 guests in the villa. It could get pretty expensive for a big group.

Last question- promise! Do they have a lazy river at the new water park? And if so, do they charge for pool floats per person?

We ended up booking a 7 night timeshare at WBC for our stay. We are in Orlando for an 8th night, so considering staying at the World Center for the last night. We have a relative flying in for the last few days of our trip and potential plan is to get two rooms at World Center for one night and hit the waterpark for our last day in Orlando. We did pretty well on our rental rate at WBC so have some wiggle room to stay at World Center despite the pricey resort fees and what I assume is overpriced parking. However, I totally draw the line at paying for a pool float! 8-)

Last question- promise! Do they have a lazy river at the new water park? And if so, do they charge for pool floats per person?

We ended up booking a 7 night timeshare at WBC for our stay. We are in Orlando for an 8th night, so considering staying at the World Center for the last night. We have a relative flying in for the last few days of our trip and potential plan is to get two rooms at World Center for one night and hit the waterpark for our last day in Orlando. We did pretty well on our rental rate at WBC so have some wiggle room to stay at World Center despite the pricey resort fees and what I assume is overpriced parking. However, I totally draw the line at paying for a pool float! 8-)
I assume hotel rooms - which means waterpark included in your resort fee.

Online it says tubes available at the entrance.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mcowc-orlando-world-center-marriott/overview/river-falls/

Yes there is a lazy river, from photos much better than WBC. We got this just two weeks ago and it does not mention paying for pool float but no guarantee.

293533014_5856307511080588_8495351098197168704_n.jpg

One thing to point out. If you are going with a group, and visiting the new water park is a must while staying at any of the Palms resorts, you can always reserve a cabana for the day that holds up to 8 people. They are costly, but you can reserve them far in advance. Would make for a nice non park day, or for a celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter