World’s Most Important People

The video they seemed to play nonstop when I was first able to watch. J.Geils Band. Centerfold.

There were rumors that one of the angels was VJ Martha Quinn.

Flashback for me to Grade 6 dances and roller skating rinks.

We watched it constantly. And I do mean all the time.
I was so surprised years later to learn that Martha Quinn is the step-daughter of Jane Bryant Quinn, the finance columnist and author. Who'da thunk it?

The living 4 (rip JJ Jackson) are all on Sirius XM 80's on 8. They all intertwine on the weekly countdown. (can you tell I listen to this channel the most, lol.)

Martha Quinn is recent to Sirius. She used to be on I Heart 80's Radio (I listen to that too.)

The only dj I cannot listen to on 80's on 8 is "Working Class DJ," Rick Springfield. He talks way too much and all I can hear are his dentures. Just get to the song, Rick! :D

And MTV was a channel that was ALWAYS on growing up. I remember my friends and I waiting for Duran Duran. Thankfully, they were always in heavy rotation. (Most of their videos still hold up, except for Reflex and that waterfall. That was bad even in 1984.)

And MTV was a channel that was ALWAYS on growing up. I remember my friends and I waiting for Duran Duran. Thankfully, they were always in heavy rotation. (Most of their videos still hold up, except for Reflex and that waterfall. That was bad even in 1984.)
Speaking of Duran Duran, I found out weeks ago that they have a new album out. I didn't even know they were still together.

I remember MTV was so new that they had to fill in time with TV performances by bands from the 60's (I definitely recall The Doors and Canned Heat), and episodes of The Young Ones. Then came the dark days of reality shows in the 90's.

I think Nickelodeon was actually owned by the same folks who owned MTV at the time? Same story, they had to import cartoons from other countries before they could supply enough of their own content.
Ha! Maybe that's how we stuck you with Calliou. Apologies on behalf of Canadians everywhere.

Speaking of Duran Duran, I found out weeks ago that they have a new album out. I didn't even know they were still together.
What?! You didn't know they were still together? Shame on you. lol

Yes, they are still making music. I really like a couple of the songs on their new album, "Anniversary" is fun. But if you are going new millennium DD, Astronaut still wins hands down. I adore that album.

On a seperate note, a thread by low-key just showed up at the bottom of the screen. I was the last to post on it. Some may find it silly, but I always think things like that are a sign. Jason was saying hey to me. <3

Of course. I was just starting high school. A lot of my musical likes came from MTV. Hey Judas Priest, The Go-gos, Asia, Pat Benatar, Rod Stewart,Heart, Tom Petty, and Stevie Nicks, I’m talking to you. Fond memories of early MTV.

What?! You didn't know they were still together? Shame on you. lol

Yes, they are still making music. I really like a couple of the songs on their new album, "Anniversary" is fun. But if you are going new millennium DD, Astronaut still wins hands down. I adore that album.
I've only heard some tracks off the new one, I almost thought I had run into some obscure DD album from the 70's or something. It's different, in a good way. I will give Astronaut a try.
One of their recent videos was completely fan made, a great idea on the band's part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter