• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Working from home

CdnCarrie

DIS Veteran
Or those SAH parents or retirees who are quarantined.
Are you getting dressed daily? Showering? Doing your hair?
Eating normally?

I see so many FB posts about wearing pjs all day- that sort of thing.
For me I get up and shower an hour before I start work And style my hair. I do get dressed even just sweats and a T-shirt. Now with warmer weather shorts/capris and a t-shirt.
We do have many work video meetings and for some my camera is on (smaller ones). Large ones 30+ I don’t turn it on.
What I don’t do anymore is wear makeup or dress up.
I don’t think I’ve ever worn pjs all day unless I’m sick. Besides after work of on my lunch I like to walk of set in my deck so I’m not wearing pjs around my neighbours!
Sometimes I have stayed in my pjs until 10 am when I take my coffee break. But that’s it and on days with no meetings.
As for meals we are doing the same routine and meal planning as before. Maybe ordering out couple times more a month.kids still must eat their veggies!

And by styling my hair it’s basically running straightner over it for a minute. Nothing fancy.

Last edited:
I have so many Zoom meetings, I put makeup on just about every day. I’ve gotten lazy with my hair though. I just scrunch it into waves and don’t blow dry or straighten it anymore. I put on jeans and a top every day but nothing fancy. I shower every day and can’t imagine skipping a day! I need smooth legs or else it makes me crazy so I have to shave daily.

I’m eating better now because we definitely overdid it at first. Baking, ordering out, and overeating. My pants were SO tight. Things are getting better and I’m exercising more.

It’s hygiene as usual for me. I only have online meetings once or twice a week, so I will put on some mascara and a touch of eyeshadow five minutes before a meeting or people comment and ask me if I’m sick. Lol.

I do not get dressed every day but that’s only because we don’t do video conference calls. Although my pajamas look more like loungewear I wear a lot of simple pajama pants with tank tops and when it’s chilly like it has been a little lightweight cardigan. I do make sure I brush my hair, brush my teeth and wash my face every morning. I usually shower every other day which is normal that’s what I used to do anyways. If I do get dressed I get dressed in yoga pants and a T-shirt. I haven’t worn a stitch of makeup in the six weeks I’ve been working from home, my skin it rebelled at first but now it looks really good.

I can’t stay in PJs all day either, so after I read and have morning liquid (tea/coffee/juice), get laundry going, and check email I usually put on a tee shirt and leggings. I work on the computer, but take intermittent yoga and walk breaks and don’t see the point in changing. If I have a meeting, appointment, or am going out to the grocer I’ll put on a little makeup and use my straightener to tame my hair a bit. I like that my pores and hair are getting a break from the products though.

We’re make more variety of meals, doing curbside once per week, and getting a sandwich on shopping days. Similar to before, except we are saving on not eating out and I’m doing more of the cooking where my husband usually does it. He’s still working outside the home, I’m working from home - no commute and shorter working days.

I guess the thing I find gross about not getting out of pj bottoms is unless you have undies on underneath it’s like wearing the same pair of underwear for 2 days. Ick!

I can see the appeal on a cold blustery day or a rainy dreary day but on a lovely spring afternoon who wants to be in pjs?

Last edited:
I’ve been off work since March 16. I think there was one day since I didn’t get dressed (that I remember). I am a little slower about things now, but still do everything. Instead of brushing my teeth and being dressed by 6 for work, sometimes in may not happen until 12/1 but it does. And still brush before bed.

The one day I didn’t get dressed it rained non stop all day so I sat on the couch. I still brushed my teeth and showered. I shower at night and that day I wasn’t going to shower since I did nothing. I laid down and decided I couldn’t sleep without a shower so I got up and got one.

I ate so much the first couple weeks. I usually have something little for breakfast and don’t eat lunch. Then have a big dinner. Well being off I ate three big meals. Not to mention drank many more beers in a week. After a while of that, I’ve tried to go back to only eating one light meal and a big one. I’ve been pretty good, but the beer hasn’t slowed down. I’ve been walking daily, but I’m still gaining weight.

I’ve talked to two people I worked with in the past that have completely stunned me. They were asking about my habits and said how they pretty much showered once/twice a week. And these aren’t normally dirty (for lack of a better word) people.

Really the only thing I’ve let go is my beard and hair. And it’s not because barbers are closed. I trim my beard with trimmers and have clippers that I buzz my own hair with. Figure I’m not seeing anyone, who cares.

I am dressed every day, but casually. We don’t have meetings, so no camera intrusion to worry about. No make up and no fancy hairstyles. If I didn’t worry one of the neighbors might need something, I might be tempted to wear pajamas all day now and then.

We came back from vacation straight into quarantine and I had to hit the ground running working from home the very next day. I never got a chance to pick up any bad habits - it was harder than working at work. I had to sign on at my normal start time so got up at my normal time, got dressed in work(ish) clothes and did my make up and hair. At the end of the day I'd often put on something more comfortable, just like I do when I get home.

I do everything the same as always.
Do my exercise DVD, make the bed, take a shower, get dressed, put on makeup, fix and eat breakfast.......and then to the various daily things.
I have always done that.
I hate sitting around in pajamas and I always wear makeup......not much, but the same as always.
Retired

I get up every day and shower and make sure my hair looks decent. When this all began, I started having shortness of breath, probably, in hindsight, due to asthma, and maybe some anxiety. But I kept thinking every morning that if that day was going to be the day an ambulance would take me away, I wanted to make sure I was at least as clean as I could be. If I had to spend 4 (10?) days in a hospital, surviving and coming home to ratty greasy hair because I hadn't washed it that day was enough to motivate me. Morbid, but it got me into a good habit.

Or those SAH parents or retirees who are quarantined.
Are you getting dressed daily? Showering? Doing your hair?
Eating normally?

I see so many FB posts about wearing pjs all day- that sort of thing.
For me I get up and shower an hour before I start work And style my hair.

My daughter (20) is working from home-she starts at 9:00-she wakes up at 8:58 lol. I don’t think she changed out of pajamas for two weeks-even when we go out for curbside food pick up I don’t even bother putting on shoes since we are not getting out of the car. We certainly have less laundry to do, I will change out of pajamas but just to pull on a pair of sweats. When I actually go out to a food store I will put on jeans. I end up staying up till 3-4am now and sleeping till 11-12.

I guess the thing I find gross about not getting out of pj bottoms is unless you have undies on underneath it’s like wearing the same pair of underwear for 2 days. Ick!

I can see the appeal on a cold blustery day or a rainy dreary day but on a lovely spring afternoon who wants to be in pjs?

Do people not wear underwear with pj pants?

Anyway I change every day, but I call it changing from my night pajamas into my day pajamas. My day pajamas are joggers and a t shirt or other shirt, so not actually pjs, just very comfy clothes. No desire to be in jeans all day if I don't have to be.

I do everything the same as always.
Do my exercise DVD, make the bed, take a shower, get dressed, put on makeup, fix and eat breakfast.......and then to the various daily things.
I have always done that.
I hate sitting around in pajamas and I always wear makeup......not much, but the same as always.
Retired

My answer is the same. :teeth:

Anyway I change every day, but I call it changing from my night pajamas into my day pajamas. My day pajamas are joggers and a t shirt or other shirt, so not actually pjs, just very comfy clothes. No desire to be in jeans all day if I don't have to be.

My thoughts exactly! I'll be honest that I didn't realize people wear pjs pants without underwear.

I have been known to put on jeans - mostly just checking that they fit still. But for the most part, I go from night pjs to day pjs (day pjs being yoga or lounge pants and tshirt; nicer shirt if I have a zoom meeting).

Make-up is kind of hit or miss for me when working from home. When I’m at the office, I put it on every day. At home... eh. I actually have an eye infection currently, so that’s ruled out eyeliner, which I will never enter the office without!

I usually have the same morning routine weekdays and weekends, and have kept it even while working from home. I get ready more leisurely but I still try to wake up between 6:30-7:00 every day.

Ashley's calling people out! Lol. I thought the same thing when I read that.

With the new working from home thing, my routine is pretty much the same, although I am sure we are saving on not only our gasoline bills but also the water bills, since maybe the showers and laundry loads aren't as frequent. :teeth:. Definitely getting a bit more sleep since there's a big time difference between driving to the office and walking down the stairs to turn the computer on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter