Work ???

In my life before kids I was a medical record administrator, now I am a part-time office manager for a gastroenterologist. Exciting, huh!?! Of course, that could just be a cover.

;) Nan

Originally posted by Nan
In my life before kids I was a medical record administrator, now I am a part-time office manager for a gastroenterologist. Exciting, huh!?! Of course, that could just be a cover.

;) Nan

for thos of us posing as patients which end does your office probe????

I'm a Mom to two daughters,16 and 13-very busy ages.I also work outside the home as a registered nurse.I work for a large,multi-practice physician's group,where believe me,I'm NEVER bored!

Hi every body,

I have 2 jobs, one for basics and one for the extras, like trips to USF and the HRH.

I am a supervisor for the state lottery and a CSM for wal-mart, not too exciting.

Also Mom to 2 DD, 8 and 17.

Patty

I'm a transactional attorney focused on technology and outsourcing, but more importantly a dad to five daughters.

MIB, congratulations on the Apopka little league team; the town must be very proud.

DanG

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc
the main street was closed this afternoon for a welcome home parade.
it has got to be a thrill for those kids at the age of 11 and 12.
so far the focus has been on the kids and the adults in the support/facilitator role so has been a positive community affair.
they are serving hot dogs and soda. the great american food of baseball
Just another day in paradise:smooth: :D :) :cool:

I'm a family doctor with a part-time practice in adolescent medicine. I do this to keep me on my toes as I have a 12 and 13 year old daughter! Ooohhhh... the hormone surges in this house!! Just wait till I hit menopause! DH says he will build himself a little doghouse in the backyard where he will live for the next few years!
Gail

I fix H2O! (and I'm a Jax Jaguar fan....but I do that for free!)
Jim

I'm a SAHM to an 11 yr old boy and a 7yr old girl. We have 2 labs also, they equal at least another kid!:rolleyes:

Gail, LOL!!

I am a Domestic engineer...Have a 6yr old daughter and a 4 year old son, 4 cocker spanials and a black lab/husky cross and oh I can't forget the cat! Talk about never boring!!!

Well, as you can tell from my name, I'm a second cook at mythos restaraunt, IOA. I'm also a full time student; right now, I have a culinary management degress under my belt, and am working on the last 5 classes I need to transfer to UCF and pursue a bachelor's in Business Admin. Yeah, I go to work and school 7 days a week.....

In regards to the debate running about Orlando, its tech sector and wages, here's what I think. I've lived here in Orlando all 22 years of my life. I've seen it grow from a small city with a theme park to the vacation mecca of the world (or close enough!). Yes, Orlando is primarily a tourism-oriented place. I seriously doubt it would be where it is without Disney.

On the same token, some people forget that Orlando isn't juts Disney. Real people, real families like yours live, work and play here. Not even a majority of the pople in this city work in tourism.

Siemen's Westinghouse and Lockheed Martin are two examples of major tech employers with LARGE operations in Central Florida. There's a whole technical park, adjacent to UCF (and already mentioned) with tons of firms. Also remember, Orlando was home to a Navy Recruit training base, specifically the nuclear power school. The Navy was responsible for the second most employees in the county before politics shut it down a few years back.

Yes, I admit pay isn't what most people would like in general. One has to take in accoutn, though, that cost of living here is dramatically lower than many metropolitan areas (movie tickets in NY and CA run over 10 dollars, now. The most I ever pay is 6 bucks), and Florida has no state income tax. So your actual takehome in Orlando might be less than that of a similar job somewhere else, but once you take into account those other factors (not to mention awesome benefits, both quantitative and qualitative), Orlando at the very least is the same as everywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter