Work hard, play hard!

All Tangled Up

Mouseketeer
Is anyone working a little or a lot harder in order to make magic happen?

I picked up sooo many hours this and next week! My coffee store is going on a firing spree (too many unresponsible employees that no show constantly). So open shifts are popping up left and right. I've sworn off a social life and steady sleeping hours for the next few weeks and with my next 2 paychecks will have at least an extra $800 to put in the Disney account! I'm hopeful that more shifts will continue to open up, so I can work my booty off some more (especially now that it's almost July, I'm anticipating more no shows, call outs, or shift cover requests).

My feet and body get SO sore and I'm always exhausted but I know when I see my Disney savings building up it will all be worth it!

In this thread feel free to share your progress, vent about work (please no business name dropping tho), get support etc.

I am in the same boat! i wish we can pick up shifts at work but the company is in a slump.

I have started selling online. anything that is new or slightly used, goes up on ebay. I am hoping to make an extra $500/month.

Just like @DisneyMandC, I can't get any overtime at my job. But I have also been hitting Swagbucks hard, especially the last two months. I am working on saving up for a new DVC contract. I am also selling items online and will be having a garage sale next month, which I hope I can put some of that money into the DVC fund. Every little bit!

My overtime has finally slowed down but since I had to work it was really nice to get some nice extra in my checks. I had been in an overtime needed status since last October so I'm now getting rest!

Small business owner here. No such thing as overtime. Every day is overtime. ;)

I re-committed to earning as much from rewards programs as I possibly can to pay for the little extras during F&W this coming fall. I took a break a few months ago when Swagbucks torpedoed their nCraves. I'm not back on SB but I found another program that runs passively and pays better. I'm not setting the world on fire with my earnings, but if I can schedule visits, invoice clients and attend to the plethora of paperwork we deal with at the office while passively earning a few extra dollars, I'm happy with what I can get.

Government worker here, so there's no such thing as overtime (unless it's an emergency). I just fired my Etsy store back up now that I have my CNC router working like it should - hopefully I can fund some fun times!

There isn't really an opportunity for overtime at my job, but I'll looking into reopening my etsy page and trying to find some passive income earners, even if they are small change. Every bit helps the Disney fund!

@Marionnette would you be willing to share which program you use?
I'm using EarnHoney. I'm getting $5-$10 per week in PayPal (closer to $10 most weeks). I run it on an old laptop all day long (checking on it a few times just to make sure the computer itself didn't crash) and then use its Super Pop Quiz app on an old android phone during the night.

Awesome to see everyone else putting extra time for vacation funds!

Currently on break for my 2nd work shift today. I'm exhausted but I know it will be worth it!

I love being able to pick up extra for our trips. Unfortunately we have not had much over time opportunities available lately. It kind of worries me that we may have to push our trip back a couple months. I don't want to have to wait longer to go home!!

OT here.
Company is pushing hard to meet half year revenue numbers, so the name of the game is to push claims through. 10 hours a day weekdays, 8 hours a day on the weekends. My last day off was 20 days ago, it was our fly home day from a vacation in San Diego. I am taking July 2 and 4 off though, I need a break.

Also maxing out rewards-Disney gift cards at Kroger with 5% cash back, 4x fuel points. We max out 35 gallons each fill up. Huge difference. We're at almost $1500 cash back with Chase Freedom, and fuel is running under $80 a month for 2 fill ups of all 3 vehicles.

No paid OT here :sad:, but I work at a school for violent youth offenders. We are allowed to bank x amount of PTO every year. The year before a WDW trip, I take time off only if it is an emergency, so that I can take PLENTY of time off for vacation to rest, relax, and recharge at my favorite place on earth.

I also watch sales like a hawk, and try to coupon as much as I can. I am also VERY lucky that I have a husband who is completely debt free which helps since I have student loans :sad2:

I have a friend that just started driving for Uber. She said it's working out for her, she works a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, shuttling tourist around, and airport trips she works the early mornings as she is a morning person. She is saving for a trip to Disneyland next year. She said that enjoys it, and for the most part people are really nice and tip fairly. All the money she is making goes to the Disney fund.

I have a friend that just started driving for Uber. She said it's working out for her, she works a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, shuttling tourist around, and airport trips she works the early mornings as she is a morning person. She is saving for a trip to Disneyland next year. She said that enjoys it, and for the most part people are really nice and tip fairly. All the money she is making goes to the Disney fund.

I have actually been toying around with doing this. I could do airport runs all weekend. I have a friend who is very into tattoos and she is able to pay for work from of the best artists in the world uber-ing on the weekends

No OT at my job, I'm a school teacher (Language Arts). However, my brother owns his own business and has offered me a side job - editing all his official reports before he sends them out to clients. It pays $150 an hour, direct billed to the clients!!! Both my kids are off to college on the Fall, so I'll have the extra time to work for him. I am excited to add this money to the vacation budget because college costs are sucking us dry right now.

I have actually been toying around with doing this. I could do airport runs all weekend. I have a friend who is very into tattoos and she is able to pay for work from of the best artists in the world uber-ing on the weekends

She positions herself at one of the large convention resorts, and normally by 5:00 am she has pickup and heading for the airport. She goes between the airport and theme parks the rest of her day, she normally stops anywhere from 12 to 2, not unless its really busy them she will keep going till it slows down. She says a lot of the time people will ask if she will stop like at Publix, or a convince store or Walgreens, or wal-mart , or go through a drive thru, people even offer to buy her a meal or coffee, and since she stops the tip is always better. She also keeps water, Kleenex, for her riders, even gold fish or other kid friendly snacks ( individual packaged) since she has a car seat and a booster she gets a lot of families. She did try one night and she made it a couple of hours and went off duty... it just wasn't for her. She said she like the fact when she ready to call it a day she can...Good luck...pixiedust:

I get the working OT to help pay for something or a trip but I can get OT any day of the year, any shift I would want. It is nice if I want it, I can get it no problem but its also mandated a lot, multiple times a week sometimes. I highly dislike that, no way to make any plans ever. I have co-workers that make $100K plus just in OT. Its crazy, they live at work!

If I could get 2 OT shifts a pay period and not get mandated the other days I'd be more than happy! Ha! That wont happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter