• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Work Christmas Party Food

****ty brownies. Use premade cookie dough, Oreos and boxed brownie mix. Super easy and fast.

I would go with a fruit tray (or veges) but if you have a grocery store near you that gets in good quality fruit, pick one up there. It's nice to have to go with everything else on a typical buffet type set up....and easy.

My go-to for potlucks now (after years of slaving over special recipes that I thought everybody would love) is a bucket of KFC. Even cold it gets devoured. I've seen guys actually argue over the last piece. :rolleyes1 Give the people what they want...

My work party is tomorrow. There are 18 of us. We do a sign up. I am bringing a winter fruit salad. It has greens, pears, apples, cranberries, shredded Swiss, cashews, and a homemade lemon poppy dressing. This salad is always a hit- I'm asked to bring it every time I go to a dinner or potluck.

My work party is tomorrow. There are 18 of us. We do a sign up. I am bringing a winter fruit salad. It has greens, pears, apples, cranberries, shredded Swiss, cashews, and a homemade lemon poppy dressing. This salad is always a hit- I'm asked to bring it every time I go to a dinner or potluck.

Could you PM me a recipe, please? YUM!

OP - roast beef, from a meat market, with au jus. Throw all in the crockpot. Heat through, serve with good rolls..

I have cheated using baked beans. Open a can, put it in a crock pot. I also put in some of that pre-cooked bacon. It seems as if they will devour that stuff.

I have cheated using baked beans. Open a can, put it in a crock pot. I also put in some of that pre-cooked bacon. It seems as if they will devour that stuff.

I do a cheat version of baked beans too, I cook some bacon and onions and I use 2 of the large cans of Bush's Country Style beans and 1 of the regular sized cans of Grandma Browns backed beans, add some additional brown sugar and ketchup and mustard and VIOLA "Cheat Beans"! Delicious!!

What about Tortilla Roll-ups? Add whatever you want to a large flour tortilla shell roll it up, wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight and slice in the morning. There are tons of recipes online. https://www.google.com/search?q=tor...=WrGFVJnPJZafyATFg4HwBA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Here is what I bring every time. I'm famous for it! No refrigeration or heating required.

Hot and spicy crackers

If you want to make regular sized crackers:

1 package dry ranch dressing mix (NOT dip mix)
2T red pepper flakes
1 c. canola oil
1 box saltines (16 oz)

Mix first three ingredients in a bowl. Place crackers in a jumbo size ziplock bag and pour the dressing mixture over. Zip the bag and carefully turn it over and over until the crackers are evenly coated. I like to wait at least an hour before serving to let all that goodness blend together.

Here is the mini-cracker version:

Most or all of the dressing mix packet, to taste
1T red pepper flakes
¾ c. canola oil
1 box mini-saltines (11 oz)

You can do these in a gallon-sized bag.
People always "squee" over the little ones.

Enjoy!!

Buffalo Chicken Dip!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip/

I make it on the stove top with rotisserie chicken breasts, then transfer it a crock pot. It freezes wonderfully and is always a hit. I serve with with blue corn tortilla chips and celery stalks.

I also use 1/2 the ranch dressing the recipe calls for and low fat cream cheese.

Buffalo Chicken Dip!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip/

I make it on the stove top with rotisserie chicken breasts, then transfer it a crock pot. It freezes wonderfully and is always a hit. I serve with with blue corn tortilla chips and celery stalks.

I also use 1/2 the ranch dressing the recipe calls for and low fat cream cheese.

True Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is made with Blue Cheese dressing not ranch. ;)

Delicious either way though.

True Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is made with Blue Cheese dressing not ranch. ;)

Delicious either way though.

Would you share your recipe Marmalade?

My father and I love blue cheese, but no one else does. Maybe I will try to sneak it in instead of ranch. :rolleyes1 Is there a big flavor difference?

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I did find out that the theatre is providing turkey and ham and that we always have enough desserts (lots of bakers in the place it seems lol). As of right now I am going to go with a couple different chex mix versions. My boss seemed really excited about that! LMAO

I see the poster as decided on her dish, but for anyone else interested in ideas, I have made caesar salads for work, theyalways go fast too, plus a veggie, which a lot of people won't bring. I usually buy an aluminum pan to put it all in too. Get a few bags of the romaine lettuce, a box of croutons, some fresh shrdded parm cheese and a bottle of caesar dressing. ;)

Here is what I bring every time. I'm famous for it! No refrigeration or heating required.

Hot and spicy crackers

If you want to make regular sized crackers:

1 package dry ranch dressing mix (NOT dip mix)
2T red pepper flakes
1 c. canola oil
1 box saltines (16 oz)

Mix first three ingredients in a bowl. Place crackers in a jumbo size ziplock bag and pour the dressing mixture over. Zip the bag and carefully turn it over and over until the crackers are evenly coated. I like to wait at least an hour before serving to let all that goodness blend together.

Here is the mini-cracker version:

Most or all of the dressing mix packet, to taste
1T red pepper flakes
¾ c. canola oil
1 box mini-saltines (11 oz)

You can do these in a gallon-sized bag.
People always "squee" over the little ones.

Enjoy!!

I do this with oyster crackers and with pretzels. Just made a big batch this weekend. I agree - so quick, easy, tasty, and people go nuts for them!

Would you share your recipe Marmalade?

My father and I love blue cheese, but no one else does. Maybe I will try to sneak it in instead of ranch. :rolleyes1 Is there a big flavor difference?

You would make it the same way you do now, just substitute the Blue cheese salad dressing instead of the ranch.

I wouldn't say there is a big flavor difference, but you can definitely taste the blue cheese, it's not overpowering though.

You would make it the same way you do now, just substitute the Blue cheese salad dressing instead of the ranch.

I wouldn't say there is a big flavor difference, but you can definitely taste the blue cheese, it's not overpowering though.

When I make my Buffalo Chicken Dip I use Ranch, but instead of Mozzarella cheese I use Bleu Cheese, a nice sharp one. It's amazing. :) Very rare that I have any leftover either, this is usually the first thing gone, unless we make our 7 layer dip, then it tends to be pretty close....lol

Lots of fun ideas on this thread, thanks!! I'll be saving some of these recipes. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter