• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Work call at AK

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Totally random question - thanks in advance. They are restructuring at my work with announcements happening this week, and I leave for WDW tomorrow. Eye roll. I don’t actually have to participate in anything (and my job is safe, whew), but I’d like to see what the new structure looks like. I might be in AK when they have that call. Any tips on where I can take this with the lowest potential for background noise? Thanks a million!

On the main route between the entrances to Africa and Asia.

Nothing "happens" back there between Africa and the entrance to the "Up!" bird show theater.

(There are some drums that kids can play near Africa, but once you are past those by a bit, there is little to disturb you.)

Figure about mid-way on the top green line shown below.
DAK-TuskerampPandora-CU_090118b_zpsgtg8byos.jpg

Last edited:
If the call is after 11am and it's going to be kind of a lengthy one, I'd go to the Nomad Lounge off of Tiffins. No reservations necessary. You can ask to be seated in the corner, order a drink and a snack, and take your time.

Another suggestion - if you think it will be a long call and you want to sit in the AC maybe hop over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can't walk there, but in my experience the buses between the two run pretty frequently because they are five minutes away. There are some nooks and corners in the lobby area that are usually fairly quiet. I think in Jambo house (the main building) there is even a little library/sitting area.

Nomad inside, the outside patio may look more inviting and quiet, but if you are sitting outside you will be periodically disrupted by the characters sailing past on their noisy boats.

Nomad inside, the outside patio may look more inviting and quiet, but if you are sitting outside you will be periodically disrupted by the characters sailing past on their noisy boats.
In general, we've found the lounge inside to be much louder than the outside area (even with the cavalcades going by).

If you take the little train to the Affection Section, the walk to the petting zoo is very quiet indeed.

If it is a short call and nice outside, you could try finding a bench on this walking path by the dinosaur ride

BB18142C-4FE8-4AD5-9E0A-3B359BD4DBF8.jpeg

While it is in the center of the Park, the Trails in front and behind the Tree of Life are not used very often.

If you take the call there (especially the front) you can enjoy the irony of being on a call with minimal noise while in the middle of a theme park!

In addition to the above suggestions, if it is imperative that you be in a quiet/private area and this call is very important, you could also try going to Guest Relations in advance of your call and kindly ask if they will allow to quickly use one of their CM conference rooms/CM office areas behind guest relations, if possible, ask to speak with a manager at Guest Relations who may have the authority to allow you to do this.. This could be a good option if you have difficulty finding quiet areas in the park.. No guarantee of course but worth asking!

I’ve taken work calls so many times at AK….. Time of day matters a bit. Places folks haven’t mentioned include QS eating places when between meal times. But I think the easiest, most consistent are the trails by Tree of Life and the Africa to Pandora path.

While it is in the center of the Park, the Trails in front and behind the Tree of Life are not used very often.

If you take the call there (especially the front) you can enjoy the irony of being on a call with minimal noise while in the middle of a theme park!

I sat here yesterday and enjoyed a Starbucks all by my lonesome. The waterfall noise drowns out most of the theme park noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter