Word of advice: Never stay during cheer competition.

markpenske

Mouseketeer
We recently stayed 12 nights at the Coronado. Unfortunately it was during some type of cheerleading competition. One might think young ladies would not be a problem, right? WRONG. A louder, more inconsiderate, rude group you will not find. These gals had zero consideration for other guests. We had groups jumping and cheering right above our room and right outside of our room (at the "quiet pool") late into the night, or should I say morning. There also was a group running through the hallways pounding on the doors and walls yelling offensive things. I did see some so called chaperones at the pool drinking beers and laughing all night. We called the front desk to complain and were told "Sorry, some of these girls will be checking out within a few days." We asked to be relocated but they could not relocate us out of our "category" which was a standard room and could not guarantee us we would not be in the same situation. I think we were the only family in our building that was not part of the cheer group. Not 100% sure what the group was called. NEC?

We recently stayed 12 nights at the Coronado. Unfortunately it was during some type of cheerleading competition. One might think young ladies would not be a problem, right? WRONG. A louder, more inconsiderate, rude group you will not find. These gals had zero consideration for other guests. We had groups jumping and cheering right above our room and right outside of our room (at the "quiet pool") late into the night, or should I say morning. There also was a group running through the hallways pounding on the doors and walls yelling offensive things. I did see some so called chaperones at the pool drinking beers and laughing all night. We called the front desk to complain and were told "Sorry, some of these girls will be checking out within a few days." We asked to be relocated but they could not relocate us out of our "category" which was a standard room and could not guarantee us we would not be in the same situation. I think we were the only family in our building that was not part of the cheer group. Not 100% sure what the group was called. NEC?
Add band competition to your list, same thing, they all stay at one of the pop low rent resorts, or Coronado, and one other...? Nope can't remember but it's another moderate price, Coronado and the cheapest ones on property are loaded during school yr. with kids from cheer, band, sports, etc and they are all a nightmare. They are, just being kids, but that can grate after a while, I agree. Sorry you had that happen.

So true. I am sure there are pleasant girls among them, but they surely are outdone by the obnoxious ones. Their obnoxiousness extends beyond the resort hotels to encountering them on buses/monorails, and (worst) in queues in the parks.

This is why I avoid the All Star Resorts and Pop Century like the plauge as much as I can.

Sadly, that won't save you. The OP said they were at Coronado.

It really sucks you had to go though that. I would have probably lost my youknowwhat on someone. You would HOPE that the hotel management would have said/done something about the disruptive behavior, but I'm sure that's a cash cow for them that they do not want to risk alienating. :headache:

This happened to us years ago at CBR. They were loud and obnoxious outside of our room around 1 am. My XH at the time called security and they were taking a while so he opened the door and yelled a couple of things at them and they ran back to their rooms and we never heard from them again. Security showed up about 5-10 minutes later.

The groups are another reason we avoid the values. One year we were in line for our bus from MK to CBR at the end of the night and the cheerleaders in line for their ASM bus were chanting and cheering while in line and then when on the bus.

We are staying at Coronado in November. I've been looking at sites to see if there are any groups in town when we are there and I haven't found anything yet. There are some conventions at CSR but that doesn't bother me.

We're staying at Coronado in October with my daughter's dance studio. It's not part of a competition though, just performance (Disney Springs and MK parade). I think there is a big difference with this though- most of the dancers will have their family with them since the company the studio is using has packages for the families and it's during fall break. Since it's not a competition they won't be practicing at the hotel at all. I'm sad to hear that groups behave like this. I haven't encountered it myself and if I were to chaperone a group like this I sure as heck would have put a stop to the nonsense!

Not a band/dance competition, but when my friend was a senior in high school her school bought out almost an entire building at Pop Century for a end of the year trip. Her school group practically took over the resort. They were a menace at the pools, lobby, food court, bus stops and at the actual building they were staying in. I would HATE to be a regular hotel guest and have to deal with that, so that's why I try to stay at moderates (not Coronado) and up. I stayed at Coronado once and it was during a convention so there were a few drunk business people hanging out at the seating area at Barcelona Lounge but it didn't ruin my trip. It was just weird seeing drunk people lounging at a closed lounge at 8 am while I was walking through to get breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter