Woohoo!!

pamlet

DIS Veteran
Well it looks like we are FINALLY getting to go to Ft Wilderness ...

I've made my reservation...

Booked Tina's RV ...

Can't wait to go!!

I had a trip all planned for my 50th Birthday in '08 (yeah .. I'm the DisNut in the family) ... but both of my folks ended up in a nursing home that year and it wasn't to be ..

So THIS year my husband was attempting to put together a "surprise" trip for me .. and decided it wasn't too wise ... he couldn't seem to get info out of me .. hahahaha ... So I took over the planning!

We are SO EXCITED .. our 20 yo son and a friend of his will be going with us .. we'll have a GREAT time - and hubby can cook his breakfast every morning just the way he likes it!!

We've never stayed onsite more than one night - and we LOVE to camp .. so this will be the perfect blend of both ..

AND we get to "test out" a big camper to see if we'll like it! :cool1::cool1:

That's great! :cool1: The great thing about renting the RV is you can fly and still have the fun of camping without hauling all the camping gear.

When I considered renting her RV (we've since decided to take our own camper and a tent for the big kiddos), I thought of flying and having Garden Grocer deliver. And then I realized if we sucked it up and drove, we could take our bikes! We just love riding bikes at the Fort.

That's sweet that DH wanted to surprise you with a trip. My DH knows how much I like to do the planning - sound like you enjoy planning too!

Oh for me 1/2 the trip is the planning... :goodvibes

We've decided to drive .. mostly due to the grocery thing - and that we like to have the car available for going to the parks... or if we want to leave for some reason.

The young man who's going with us has never been to Disney - or to Cape Canaveral (or is it Kennedy now?) .. anyway Hubby's thinking about taking a day and heading over there ... Though I'll probably stay back at Disney .. it will give me a chance to go places he might not like to do ..laugh ...

I decided to take myself to WDW several years ago and had a great time. I could go in any of the shops without having to worry about someone waiting outside on the bench. I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted. You will enjoy the day to yourself. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter