Wood and picnic tables?

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
2 questions:
1. Might sound silly but, I have to ask. Are you allowed to bring your own wood for your approved fire pit? (We have heard of places that don't allow you to bring wood from other states.) If you don't, I assume there are places to buy it? Maybe outside the gates at a lower price? ;)
2. Anyone know if the picnic tables are a standard 6 or 8 foot rectangle?

Thanks!!

2 questions:
1. Might sound silly but, I have to ask. Are you allowed to bring your own wood for your approved fire pit? (We have heard of places that don't allow you to bring wood from other states.) If you don't, I assume there are places to buy it? Maybe outside the gates at a lower price? ;)
2. Anyone know if the picnic tables are a standard 6 or 8 foot rectangle?

Thanks!!

https://www.dontmovefirewood.org/map/florida/

The picnics tables are square, 4 ft I'd guess, at least in the Premium and Premium meadows sites we've been in lately. I feel like the Full Hookup site we had a few years ago still had the metal rectangular table though.

We were going to buy a Solo Stove bundle this holiday season, the backyard bundle with the screen cover. But since that doesn't look approved for the Fort either, we saved the money and passed.

Any grocery store or Lowe's/Home Depot type of store in Central Florida probably sells bundles. So when you get into the Wally World/Central Florida area, stop and pick up a few.

Bama Ed

At the Meadows store wood was about $11 a bundle. The clerk told me you get the exact same thing at Publix for $6!! Lumber scarps are not regulated but raw wood can be regulated by the state or county
Exactly. Wood is pretty much baned from transport in every state. Wood scraps from 2x4 s and such are ok because its kiln dryed. I guess they figure the kiln kills off the eggs and pests.
Make sure your fire pit is approved. So it needs a covered bottom and top with a screen ( spark arrestor) around the middle. My picnic tables at the fort have been wood/ aluminum and 6 feet long. So an 8 seater. 20211102_180453.jpg

Is that a full hookup site? I think the Premiums you will find a table like this (although I would prefer the rectangular ones more, they feel like they hold more to me)

View attachment 629166
That was in the 100 loop, so prefered. Im guessing it depends on when the old table is no longer usable. So , if someone backs into it you get a new style one? Tent site and full hook up 3 years back had a wooden one. Both of those were the regular 6 footers also.

I think the square ones are on Premium and Premium Meadow and rectangular on Preferred, Full, and Tent.

Besides location, wider/longer pavement, and a grill cover, they try to differentiate the top two tiers types from the bottom three tier types to "ju$tify the extra buck$". :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

I live here in Central Florida and can tell you that even all of the Circle K convenience stores carry firewood bundles. I think they are $7.99. Definitely cheaper at Publix.

Thanks to all for your replies. It really helps! We will be in the area the day before we check-in, so we will definitely be able to make a stop at publix :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter