Woo-Hoo Star Wars Weekends in June!

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
From the Disney blog:

"Disney has announced the dates for the 2007 Star Wars weekends at Disney-MGM Studios. This years event will take place on four consecutive weekends (Friday-Sunday) beginning June 1, 2007 and running through June 24, 2007. 2007 event dates are June 1-3, 8-10, 15-17 and 22-24."

Rock on. We made reservations at BWV specifically for SWW on speculation that we'd be good to go the first week of June.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Good for you! Lots of people complaining no May, but I think they had to do it this way to avoid conflicts
with Celebration IV in California.

I had ressies for the end of May/beginning of June, but had to cancel.
Now I'm trying to get organized enough to go the last weekend of June. DD and I could even drive down, school will be out.
We shall see.

Now that's a bit of a bummer. I have reservation from May 25 to June 1 since the Star Wars weekends have been in late May.

It would be interesting (and helpful) to know the reason for the change, and whether it's just for this year, or they're permanently changing it. We're planning a grand gathering for 15 people next may (08) based on SWW, and I can imagine what a nightmare it would be to change that just 3 or 4 months out. Don't really want to go in June, but if I knew that's for sure when SWW would be from now on, we might just book that to begin with. Kind of hard to plan your lodging 7 to 11 months out when you don't know when the event you're going for is going to be held! I can imagine there are going to be lots of disappointed people this year who've counted on SWW in May. I really wonder what the cause is for the change???

ETA: I saw a post that said it was to coincide with the opening dates of the original movie, but I checked the release date and it was May 25, 1977. So I would think May 25 would be incuded if that were the case.

Here's the reasoning I read awhile back on the Disney blog:
"2007 marks the 30th anniversary of the first film released in the Star Wars saga. So expectations are high for this year's Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM Studios. No official announcement has been made about the special event, in fact the date for the fan fest have yet to be finalized. Part of the reason for that may be Star Wars Celebration IV on Memorial Day weekend in Los Angeles this year. So SWW may get pushed back in order to book good guest celebrities and the services of the 501st Legion."

Speculation was that they'd move the whole dates back to June rather than split the dates to accomodate the LA celebration.

It's been hard to plan for this year, because they were so late announcing things. I'd say next year will likely depend on how they feel doing the weekedns in June helped or hurt their bottom line in terms of $$$$.

I just booked June 15-17 at BCV for the Star Wars weekend . We have never gone before for this event and thought it sounded like a lot of fun! :chewy:

We had ressies for SSR May 15 - 27th but have now switched them to June 13 - 20th (just for SWW). I checked on wdwnews.com and it had the June dates and I think it said it was "Official" (can't remember though). When I called to change our ressies the CM wasn't sure but checked with her supervisor who said it was to be the June weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter