Woo Hoo! I just realized DS6 is tall enough to ride R&R RC & Primeval Whirl now!

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
A few years ago I had marked to spots on the wall. One when he would be tall enough to ride Splash Mountain & Space Mountain. And a second spot when he would be tall enough to ride Rock & Roll RC!

2 years ago he was able to ride Splash Mountain and Space mountain.

I knew he was 48" this summer because he was able to ride 48" rides at Hershey Park & Bush Gardens Williamsburg Va. I was thinking that R&R RC was 54 or 58".

So this morning he stood against the wall and had me look at the lines. I almost died when he was above the R&R RC line! Whoo hoo! I am so excited. There is not one ride in WDW that we will have to do a child swap in this time (only 3 at IOA in Universal Stuidos).

He was so excited this morning and had a smile from ear to ear!

Just had to share my excitement!

Congrats to him!!!
That is great. I am sure it will be fun for him

My DS(4) was 1.5 inches too short for PW. He really wanted to go on it.
We don't plan on going back until 2006, so he will be tall enough next time ;)

Have FUN!

Me too ... Me too !!! My DS6 will be able to ride everything this time too.....
We are going in September and are so exited !!!

Now... I just hope I don't freak out when he rides Rockin Roller Coaster for the first time !!:earseek:

That's GREAT!
My DS7 is 48" and he'll be able to go on everything with me that my DW won't.
My DS4 is 44" and he'll be able to go on everything but PM and RRC, which is ok since DW will need someone to keep her company while DS7 and I ride them....

46 days and counting.....

Congrat's, as long as he's "mentally" ready too! ;)

My 5 yo is now tall enough for several more rides, but is not "mentally" ready. Some day...... Just gives me more reasons to keep returning.:p

I'll never forget the time DH and I were waiting in line for PW (which I personally HATED) and witnessed a little boy, so excited, running up to the CM holding the "you must be this tall to ride" stick. (shaped like an upside down L)

The boy breaks away from his family, goes charging to the CM to see if he qualifies for the ride...he finds out he does by smashing his forehead into the stick and falling backwards to the ground.

DH and I start to laugh (I know, mean - but it was funny!) "Yep - he's tall enough to ride!"

Doesn't mean he'll be riding though. We've gotten DD6 on Thunder Mountain twice, and that's it for any of the fast rides.... LOL! Can't talk her into any of the others, not even for a good 'ol family photo. :D

We just got back from WDW on Saturday. My almost 6 y/o daredevil DD has now added Space Mountain to her been there/done that list and boy was she proud of herself (she had previously done TT, Splash MT, and BTMRR when she was 4.5)! She can't wait for next trip (probably not until early 2006) to tackle RnR...every kid's different and it's so much fun watching them "grow up" on the rides!

Wow! Congrats on your DS6 being able to ride all those "Big kid" rides! We have a petite DD5 1/2 who has her fingers crossed she'll be able to ride the 44" rides by the time we go in November! She was around 42" at her last checkup, but that was 9 months ago. We're fairly certain she'll make it- now we just have to make sure she is ready emotionally! ::yes:: When she was almost 4, she wouldn't go on anything remotely fast, twirly, high, or dark. Needless to say, we didn't do too many rides on that trip!:hyper:

Luckily DS6 loves upside down rollercoasters. He was able to ride 2 of the upside down ones at Hershey Park this year and 1 of the upside down ones at Bush Gardens.

He will also be 7 when we go, he turns 7 in October.

I know what you mean about Mentally though. When he was 4 he was tall enough to ride Tower of Terror, re rode it once but wouldn't ride it again. He wouldn't ride it last year either, but say's he wants to this year. I think all kids have different times they are ready for different rides. He didn't have any problem with BTM, Splash Mt and he would ride Space Mt once in a day and wouldn't want to ride it for a few days. Last year he couldn't ride Space Mt enough, although he was a little timid the first time. He also LOVED Mission Space!

Wow, all these tall kiddos ~ my 8yo just hit 48". She was so dissapointed she just missed the stick for PW and RnRc in April and we had to walk big sis though the line and wait. She has done the one upside down roller coaster at Busch Gardens and loves all the other mountains!

We just measured her to see if she can finally ride the cool older wooden coasters here in NE at Canobie Lake, Funtown and maybe Six Flags if we get out that way.

She dosen't know it but we are going to WDW in October so she is finally tall enough for PW and RnRC and she will be thrilled!!

This is my dd who rode TOT with Daddy on her 4th b'day because older dd and I were chicken! She got a great picture and a magic moments certificate from a wonderful CM and promptly got in line to ride again. The next trip she finally convinced older dd and I to ride and we are now big fans of TOT, LOL - leave it to a 4 yo.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter