Wonder's Panama Canal Repo 2011 - AND WE'RE NOT BRINGING IT BACK!

We didn't find out how much it would cost us until after we booked. Then we had the option to not accept it.

They want to suck you in and get you all excited about it first. Then you'll want it so bad, you'll buy it. There's no risk, though, unless you're paying with DVC points, since the deposit is refundable.

I fancy Costa Rica!!! So glad no Acapulco!!! Not sure we will get on this cruise being ONLY 4 cruises though.

Sadly, we only have 3 cruises under our belt, and will not be among those booking first.

I wonder how Inventory Control is going to play out on this one.

And to answer the booking early question..it is true..if you have had 5+ cruises..you get to book 9/21/09 and others get to book 9/28/09.

Stinks that you could have 5 3 day cruises and book ahead of those with 3 ten day or longer cruises....

Stinks that you could have 5 3 day cruises and book ahead of those with 3 ten day or longer cruises....

We were thinking of the PC Repo again when announced, but the timing is just bad with DS and school. He'd only be back about 2 days from Xmas break before we'd have to pull him out for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Any how, a fairer system would be to give you a certain level of points based on the type of room you booked (not upgrated to). Then multiply it by the number of nights in that class.

You could level it as follows:

Cat 10-12: 1 pt / night
Cat 8 - 9: 2 pt / night
Cat 4 - 7: 3 pt / night
Cat 1 -3: 4 pt / night

This way, people who sailed longer or in higher classes would "earn" more points.

I could even live with a straight 1 pt/night as to not penalize the people who book the lower Cat's (we are usually Cat 9 or Cat 10 - SPH, so we would actually get less points under the above method).

How do you get on the waitlist. I called and asked weeks ago and they said they didn't have one. I guess I should have asked all of you.. thanks for your help ahead of time..

You could fax in your request to IC. Though nothing seems for certain :confused3 some received a postcard from IC after they did this. We did it not too long ago so nothing from them yet.

Maybe someone who has more experience could enlighten us. I just remember hearing about it from someone here on the boards.

Anyone rethinking this cruise due to the date?

I was hoping for February 2011 instead, or better yet March.

January 6 is right after the holidays and awfully early in the year to use up 2 weeks of vacation.

Although the Panama Canal was an amazing cruise, we are thinking of an Alaska cruise instead. We cannot afford to do both in one year. I'm sure the rates will be high for Alaska. :sad2:

Anyone rethinking this cruise due to the date?

I was hoping for February 2011 instead, or better yet March.

January 6 is right after the holidays and awfully early in the year to use up 2 weeks of vacation.

Unfortunatly we are now out of the running. For this same reason. I will still b watching to see what the price is just for the heck of it LOL.

Thankfully the Wonder will be on the west coast so we will be doing something here depending again on cost and timeframe... I only hope they can offer some good deals like kids free like they do now!

I truly think anyone who wants to be on this cruise will be able to book it. When the other repos were offered, there really wasn't much else that Disney was offering at the time other than the regular routes.

However, change is all over the place at DCL. Our West Coasters will have wonderful opportunity to go to new places aboard the Wonder and they'll be able to work their trips around their childrens' school schedule.

I really don't think there will be an issue booking this cruise. I think it will be alot like the orginal Panama Cruise in 2005. Not a lot of kids (they opened the kids clubs to the adults in the May 05 cruise) and booking was pretty painless (it got crazy after awhile). However like Denise said, there's so much else that Disney is offering at the same time, the PC cruise is an after thought for many.

Okay, now that we've had a couple of days to soak it all in, let's list those of us who are still planning on going:

Me and Steve
Carol and Doug (pahrumpgirl) - especially since they have different ports this time

Who else?

We still are in - cost and silver booking permitting of course. I wish they would give us an idea of pricing. We have three different families in four different staterooms so I am stressing over this. If all go as planned we will be:

Us: Me DH DS(6) DS(2)
My fam: DDad DM DSis DB
BFF's fam: DBFF DH DS(6) DS(5) DS(2) DD(2)

Count us in: Angela & David

Our kids our grown, so we're footloose and fancy free from school schedules. :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure we're in. It'll be me, DH, DS and my mom. We've got a bunch of friends and extended family who are interested in going but haven't gotten back with a definite answer yet.
This will be a repeat PC cruise for DH and I (May 05) but the first for our son (who will be 3 1/2 at the time of the cruise) and my Mom.

Assuming cost/circumstances cooperate, DH and I will be in!

I'm also not really anticipating trouble booking. The schedule blocks out most people with school-aged kids and it's kind of a niche market cruise anyway. If I didn't really want to do a PC cruise, I would either hold out for one of the new ships or at least wait for one of the new itineraries.

Can't wait to see pricing!

We're still in! With all the exciting new cruises, it's a hard choice, but I just have the feeling that PC cruises could happen less frequently than the other cruises (Transatlantic, Alaska) unless DCL plans to continue bringing the Wonder east for drydock.

We're currently booked on the WB Transatlantic, and we wouldn't do both cruises in the same school year, so we'll be looking to move our ressie from that cruise to this one.

Any one have any ideas of what will happen with all those IC faxes we sent in? Did they all go out the window with the CC booking tiers? Will DCL contact us about those requests, or do you think they'll keep them in their back pocket until after the opening day booking craze is over and then start working down that list to see who is still interested?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter