Wondering what DCL is sending out a "Let's Dream Together" email means?

TikiThunderPirates

DIS Veteran
Received a promotional email from DCL with the catch phrase " Let's Dream Together" which includes a link to the DCL website and a newish promotional video. I'm assuming lots of other people have recently received the same email.

It's all speculation, but it makes me wonder DCLs reasoning behind sending out a promotional email right now? Hoping to get cash now for future bookings? New itineraries coming soon ( that seems like an unlikely reason since new booking dates is usually a big enough booking push on its own)? Hopes of having some kind of cruises sailing soon? Regularly scheduled marketing campaign?

It's all guesses anyway. I was just surprised to get a come sail with us it's fun type of email. What are your thoughts?

Got the email too. And I read on the bottom that if there is a threshold of Covid-19 on the ship that the trip would end and return to the port. For me I don't want to take the risk of that happening, so I decided I'm just going to cancel and rebook a cruise when things get better.
That's interesting and I would like to see how they word it. This becomes an issue if some people are vaccinated and some are not, especially where children can not be at this point. It seems if you allow non-vaccinated people on board, it's a crap shoot for everyone.

I could see...if there is a positive test on board, we may require everyone (vaccinated or not) to wear a mask for the remainder of the voyage, additional hand washing, etc. A bummer but better then ending the trip.

For some people, a vacation has to happen a specific week or you don't get another chance for months. But I also recognize there is a risk to crew, locals in ports, for cruising it still seems like too many obstacles.

That's interesting and I would like to see how they word it. This becomes an issue if some people are vaccinated and some are not, especially where children can not be at this point. It seems if you allow non-vaccinated people on board, it's a crap shoot for everyone.

I could see...if there is a positive test on board, we may require everyone (vaccinated or not) to wear a mask for the remainder of the voyage, additional hand washing, etc.

For some people, a vacation has to happen a specific week or you don't get another chance for months. But I also recognize there is a risk to crew, locals in ports, for cruising it still seems like too many obstacles to start up.

Notice to Passengers Regarding Travel Recommendation from U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel​

The CDC has issued a Level 4 Travel Notice recommending that all people avoid travel on cruise ships. The complete notice is available at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship and is subject to change by the CDC without notice. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the cruise ship during a voyage, the voyage will be ended immediately and the ship will return to the U.S. port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.​

I would imagine that we the Covid numbers dropping and vaccines being rolled out Disney has decided that now is the time to turn on the marketing machine one again. Although the May cruises were just removed from the web site they probably have a date in mind when they believe they can return to sailing and this is an attempt to start getting people to book or at least start thinking about it.
The statement at the bottom keeps the legal department happy.

Last edited:
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/dream-together/
The video is at the top of the page for anyone interested

Disney Cruise Line gives families dreams to wake up excited about, because when you sail with us, dreams really do come true.

Let’s Dream Together
For decades, Disney Cruise Line has provided unforgettable vacations to families the world over. Discover what makes a Disney cruise a dream come true for the entire family.
  • Magical Experiences – Unexpected enchantment and one-of-a-kind moments with some of your favorite Disney Characters let you experience the stories you know and love in a whole new way.
  • Engaging Entertainment – Disney magic springs to life through our dazzling, Broadway-quality live shows, while activities created for kids, tweens, teens and adults keep the entire family having fun on board and onshore.
  • Our Private Island Paradise – The sun-kissed sands and translucent blue waters found on Disney Castaway Cay—our very own private island in The Bahamas—invite you and your family to relax and splash the day away with countless tropical leisure activities, amid rays of Disney magic.
  • Peace of Mind – When you sail with us, you can rest assured knowing that your family will be cared for and looked after from the moment you step on board… to your last wave goodbye.

Notice to Passengers Regarding Travel Recommendation from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel

The CDC has issued a Level 4 Travel Notice recommending that all people avoid travel on cruise ships. The complete notice is available at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship and is subject to change by the CDC without notice. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the cruise ship during a voyage, the voyage will be ended immediately and the ship will return to the U.S. port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.

COVID-19 Warning

While we are still evaluating the timing, when we return to sailing we will inform you of enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our other Guests, Cast and Crew Members. You will be required to follow all posted instructions when sailing with Disney Cruise Line.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By sailing with Disney Cruise Line you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Help keep each other healthy.

I got the email too and thought it was an interesting move. DCL has been the quietest of all the cruise lines so I wonder why now they are sending out promotional material. I have been overly optimistic since last March about sailings resuming and nothing I thought would happen has, but maybe this is a primer for what to come. Disney is very calculating in what they do so I feel like there is something going on between this and all the job postings up on the DCL job site

I would imagine that we the Covid numbers dropping and vaccines being rolled out Disney has decided that now is the time to turn on the marketing machine one again. Although the May cruises were just removed from the web site they probably have a date in mind when they believe they can return to sailing once again and thus is an attempt to start getting people to boom
The statement at the bottom keeps the legal department happy.

This is sort of where I was leaning. I just didn't expect a marketing email when no one is cruising. Maybe once they released some yes we are cruising on these dates. I guess you gotta market when it's slow!

I got the email too and thought it was an interesting move. DCL has been the quietest of all the cruise lines so I wonder why now they are sending out promotional material. I have been overly optimistic since last March about sailings resuming and nothing I thought would happen has, but maybe this is a primer for what to come. Disney is very calculating in what they do so I feel like there is something going on between this and all the job postings up on the DCL job site

Exactly!

I think a part of the reason for sending out the marketing emails is to make sure you don't already commit your travel money elsewhere. The summer 2022 itineraries are probably a month away, and they want you to stay put for just that much longer.

I think a part of the reason for sending out the marketing emails is to make sure you don't already commit your travel money elsewhere. The summer 2022 itineraries are probably a month away, and they want you to stay put for just that much longer.

Interesting thought. I hadn't considered that.

They are certainly leaning towards masks in their marketing images. Maybe better to be safe than sorry considering we have 0 idea what’s actually going to happen with covid in the next 12 months

I Wonder what "threshold" means in terms of Covid cases from this email.
If threshold = 20+ cases, that's normal, you'd expect a ship to return in that scenario.
If threshold = 1 case then we're done cruising for a long time. Because that would be ridiculous.
This is my question also. All of the big cruise lines are showing the same "threshold" wording but I can't find a number to equate the term. And what is DCLs Plan B if the cruise is cut short? I've got way too many points and cash tied up from 3 cruises canceled with May probably #4.

This is my question also. All of the big cruise lines are showing the same "threshold" wording but I can't find a number to equate the term. And what is DCLs Plan B if the cruise is cut short? I've got way too many points and cash tied up from 3 cruises canceled with May probably #4.

The CDC Cruise Ship Guidance says the threshold is "as determined through CDC technical instructions or orders." As far as I know, it hasn't been set yet.

By the way, the reason we are seeing this language in Disney's emails and websites is because it is requirement of the guidance:

The cruise ship operator must in marketing materials, on its website, and in offerings for voyages, notify prospective passengers prior to accepting a reservation of any CDC travel advisory, warning, or recommendation relating to cruise travel. Such notification must further advise prospective passengers that, if a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the cruise ship during a voyage, the voyage will be ended immediately and the ship returned to the U.S. port of embarkation, and their subsequent travel, including their return home, may be restricted or delayed.

I'm sure they are happy to do it, as it will provide them some legal protection against refund or other claims if they have to cancel mid-cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter