Wondering about Dessert

cynzilla

Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adven
Hi. I was wondering if anyone who has been on the DDP and has food allergy and has been to Disney in the last 6 months can enlighten me?

I have been to the Wishes Dessert Party where I was able to have an assortment of vegan cakes and to Chef Mickey who offered me a dairy free cupcake. Most of the quick service resturants have a pre packaged something. I am dairy free and always mark the ADR as such. I make my reservations usually 6 months in advance, however when I get to the Resturant, usually a Table Service one, they either have BORING Rice Dream or Tofutti Ice Cream, Vanilla Flavored or fruit.

I am wondering has Disney made any changes to the offerings at any of the restaurants other than the vanilla ice cream? . I would take even some of the pre-packaged Enjoy Life things you can get sometimes in EPCOT. It just seems very unfair that the table service places have no variety yet most quick services do. I pay all that money for the DDP and I feel a bit underwhelmed.:rolleyes1

I always wondered what they did at the Desert party for dairy allergies. I too am dairy-free among other allergies. For me, being able to get any kind of desert in a restaurant is a thrill. Usually I skip desert because there aren't any options for me besides fruit. I had my first milkshake, chocolate, at Sci-fi back in January. I've also been offered sorberts at a few places.

Chefs usually doctor up the brownies and ice cream to be more interesting and the occasional chef will make my 11yo an ice cream sandwich if they have cookies. Some places have sorbets. Occasionally, a Babycakes goodie will show up. At the Plaza next month I plan to order something small to eat so I'll have room to get a banana split or at least order one to share with my girls (haven't had one in years). We're all dairy free but we've also all got lots of other allergies as well. At Coral Reef, the chefs have a microplaner for shaving Enjoy Life chocolate bars over ice cream sundaes to add a unique touch.

I'm confused that you're offered things at CS that aren't available at TS. We've pretty much always had the option of at least one of the baked goods that are available at CS locations being available at our TS locations. Well, at least we have at Disney owned restaurants; at non-Disney owned ones I wouldn't count on much.

It depends on the TS restaurant. I can reiterate what clanmculloch said about non-disney owned restaurants. Most do have some sort of baked good (these days for dairy free it's been the OMG..I can't believe it's GF and DF chocolate chip cookie) with the various tofutti or rice dream ice creams. I have been getting a lot of chocolate tofutti lately with chocolate syrup. Some restaurants like 50's Prime Time and Crystal Palace make their own in-house brownie and those are really good. I've also had nice sundae toppings at Beaches n Cream. Of course, the non-dairy shakes at 50's PT, Sci Fi DineIn, WCC, etc. Lots of places have nice versions of sorbet. I love Sanaa's sorbet sampler (they have great compotes and toppings for the flavors, all very exotic, but yummy. The raspberry mint sorbet is amazing).

You can sometimes arrange with bakeries to make you something but obviously that incurs costs and wouldn't be included on the dining plan. My most recent cake was at WCC and was amazing!

I just haven't been there in a while and last time I went it was MOSTLY Icecream or fruit at TS resturants... where as places like Cosmic Rays, Peco's Bills, Sunshine Seasons, etc had pre packaged stuff.

I guess it depends on where you go.:confused3

There have also been a lot of vendor changes that happened sometime around November 2011, so some of those pre-packaged baked goods may or may not still be around the CS restaurants. They no longer carry French Meadow brownies or cookies, and I think they dropped Divvies too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter