wonderful treatment by Disney Cast members

sklimuck

kaylahszoo
we just got back from 12 days at WDW and the Disney Cruise. I just wanted to thank all the castmembers at both of these places. My brother in law is handicapped and unable to walk, except short distances, and with the aid of a cane. He had his scooter with him, but was able to transfer to most rides with the help of us pushing, pulling, or lifting. I wish I had half of his spirit. He might be slow moving, but he wanted to do it all! The cast members were all WONDERFUL!!!! They not only accomidated him and my sister, but the entire family. The only people who were horrible to deal with were the general public. They cut him off, almost knocked him down--( on several occasions), and were downright rude to him. They'd push by him to get a better place in line- they'd stare- cut in front of the scooter- in general- they had no respect for the handicapped at all. We talked to several other families with handicapped relatives- and we all had the same experiences. So thank you- Disney- you have great people. You made us want to come back again.

Originally posted by sklimuck
we just got back from 12 days at WDW and the Disney Cruise. I just wanted to thank all the castmembers at both of these places. My brother in law is handicapped and unable to walk, except short distances, and with the aid of a cane. He had his scooter with him, but was able to transfer to most rides with the help of us pushing, pulling, or lifting. I wish I had half of his spirit. He might be slow moving, but he wanted to do it all! The cast members were all WONDERFUL!!!! They not only accomidated him and my sister, but the entire family. The only people who were horrible to deal with were the general public. They cut him off, almost knocked him down--( on several occasions), and were downright rude to him. They'd push by him to get a better place in line- they'd stare- cut in front of the scooter- in general- they had no respect for the handicapped at all. We talked to several other families with handicapped relatives- and we all had the same experiences. So thank you- Disney- you have great people. You made us want to come back again.

Glad you had a great trip! People amaze me My Dad had to use a scooter on the last day he was there (wound up leaving early cause it was too much for him) but people were the same way. All you can do is ignore them and try not to let it affect your trip. I am glad the Cms were so good to you. They are what makes Disney Disney!

We had to run interference with my mom'sscooter as she nearly ran over a family in line-- they just had to get in front of us. We finally came to a complete stop and asked them to go ahead so their little ones wouldn't get there toes smashed while trying to jump ahead of us. This made quite an impression on the rest of the people around us. We didn't have anymore trouble in this line. (and the family felt really bad for being so pushy) Usually we try to form a block behind her so she has enough room to turn without people trying to cut in on the inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter