• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder still wonderful!!!

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
I just returned from a 5-night Merrytime out of San Diego, and posted a long review in Trip Reports. I had a hard time finding current reviews of the Wonder, so I wanted to post something as detailed as possible.

I know Merrytime is almost done for the year, but if anyone has questions about cruising the Wonder, I'd be very happy to help you out!

I just returned from a 5-night Merrytime out of San Diego, and posted a long review in Trip Reports. I had a hard time finding current reviews of the Wonder, so I wanted to post something as detailed as possible.

I know Merrytime is almost done for the year, but if anyone has questions about cruising the Wonder, I'd be very happy to help you out!
Did the ship temperature seem cool overall? I sail in February. Thank you! I’ll check out your report

Temperature in the public rooms was comfortable the entire time.

Temperature ranged from 60 in San Diego up to about 75 in Cabo, then back down. Windy on open decks while sailing. We still hung out on deck ten, but we only had bathing suits on in Cabo. The other days we had either sweats and short sleeves, or bathing suit covered with towels.

I see, in your review you said:
We never did the Cabana option for dinner
Was Cabanas open for dinner?

I read on here that Cabana was open for dinner as a sit down restaurant with a waiter. I never confirmed that, because I LOVE the themed restaurants.

I read on here that Cabana was open for dinner as a sit down restaurant with a waiter. I never confirmed that, because I LOVE the themed restaurants.
Reason I asked, Cabanas was closed for dinner service when cruising restarted and I hadn't read that that it had started again.

I was on the Wonder from 4-11 December and Cabanas was NOT open for dinner. If that has changed it would be really recent (however based on how busy the serving teams were I doubt it, I saw some with four tables.)

I know this is an older post, but I do have a question about the wonder.... I wanted to know if larger luggage fits under the bed, the big big luggage bags? or is there a height limited under the bed?

I know this is an older post, but I do have a question about the wonder.... I wanted to know if larger luggage fits under the bed, the big big luggage bags? or is there a height limited under the bed?
The Magic and the Wonder both have the raised beds, so most bags fit underneath. One of the two ships has a slightly higher bed which I can fit a big big bag under and the other one is just a few inches shorter and that bag has to go in the closet. I think the Wonder has the higher bed, but now I can't be 100% sure.

We have giant luggage (looking to buy something a bit smaller). We laid our bag open under the bed in the Magic. Worked out well!

What is the earlier showtime for the shows? Also wondering what time the fireworks will be on my upcoming Wonder cruise on 2/4! We have a dinner reservation for Palo on Pirate night at 8:30 but don't want to miss seeing the fireworks from on deck!

I also for the life of me cannot remember how you find out your dining rotation. Is that something they will tell you when you board?

Thanks!

What is the earlier showtime for the shows? Also wondering what time the fireworks will be on my upcoming Wonder cruise on 2/4! We have a dinner reservation for Palo on Pirate night at 8:30 but don't want to miss seeing the fireworks from on deck!

I also for the life of me cannot remember how you find out your dining rotation. Is that something they will tell you when you board?

Thanks!
We just got back from a four night on the Wonder, our pirate night was third night in Cabo. We had dinner reservations at Palo at 6pm, pirate Party started at 7:30 and fireworks at 8, finished just in time to go up top to see them but had a terrible spot. Best spot to be is as far back as you can go starboard side. They have most of aft blocked off right before then. We didn’t want to fight through the crowds so ended up port side just In front of the aft funnel and caught them peeking out past the funnel, not a great spot but we have seen them before.
Early showtime was either 6 or 6:15, no show on pirate night because it is pirate stuff/party.
Dining rotation and table number is in the app when you board.

oh cool I just posted asking about this very same question. I booked Palo on pirate night at 6 and have the late dining time. Our kids still needs to eat so we would still attend the late dining. Would it be a problem if our kids got a spot and we just join them after Palo on deck for the pirate show/fireworks?

I was on the Wonder from 4-11 December and Cabanas was NOT open for dinner. If that has changed it would be really recent (however based on how busy the serving teams were I doubt it, I saw some with four tables.)

Still true as of the Jan 20, 2023 sailing.

Are the port arrival times for the Wonder now starting at noon? We sail in late February and it looks like the earliest PAT was noon and was curious if anyone knows if this will be the norm for the Wonder out of San Diego? I thought the earliest used to be 11am. Thanks!

That's what we were offered for our early Feb trip, too. It is a shame to lose that time on ship, but the port looks easy enough to navigate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter