• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder questions

Kalinda00

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. This will be my first Disney cruise and first to Alaska (June 8-15), though I've been on 4 other cruises before. Really looking forward to this one.

I'll be travelling with my mother and my sister's family (incl twin 2 yr old boy and girl and a 5 y old). I'm full of questions about Disney cruises.

For the Flounders Reef nursery, I've read that they only allow pre-packaged foods? Will they not allow ship food packed in containers?

Will it be warm enough on deck for the kids to be in the pool on an Alaskan cruise?

Can we take the toddlers to the Oceaneers areas during Open House times?

Is the Navigators App only available for iPads and iPhones? I can't seem to find it on the Google store.

Are there juices available at the drinks station and is it the powdered kind?

I've read conflicting information on the princess teas. Do we go to Guest Services on embarkation day to pick them up or has this changed?

I'd never heard of Fish Extenders before. They sound like a lot of fun for the kids but I suppose we're too late to join for this sailing?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. This will be my first Disney cruise and first to Alaska (June 8-15), though I've been on 4 other cruises before. Really looking forward to this one.

I'll be travelling with my mother and my sister's family (incl twin 2 yr old boy and girl and a 5 y old). I'm full of questions about Disney cruises.

For the Flounders Reef nursery, I've read that they only allow pre-packaged foods? Will they not allow ship food packed in containers?

Will it be warm enough on deck for the kids to be in the pool on an Alaskan cruise?

Can we take the toddlers to the Oceaneers areas during Open House times?

Is the Navigators App only available for iPads and iPhones? I can't seem to find it on the Google store.

Are there juices available at the drinks station and is it the powdered kind?

I've read conflicting information on the princess teas. Do we go to Guest Services on embarkation day to pick them up or has this changed?

I'd never heard of Fish Extenders before. They sound like a lot of fun for the kids but I suppose we're too late to join for this sailing?

Thanks!

I'm not sure where you're seeing "pre-packaged foods". On the DCL website it just says you may bring " baby food, formula, milk and bottles; Disney's trained counselors will be more than happy to feed your child. Additionally, parents should include diapers or pull-ups, diaper wipes, extra clothing and a baby blanket or pacifier, if applicable, when dropping off their child".

The pools are heated, you will see people using them.

Yes, as long as an adult comes along anyone can go to the Open House activities.

The juice at the drink stations is Minute Maid Lemonade & Pomegranate Lemonade. Apple juice and Orange juice are available for breakfast.

If there is a Princess tea, you'll get the tickets at, most likely, Guest Services. Check your Navigator you get at check in for what events/tickets are available and where/when to pick them up.

For Fish Extender gift exchanges, you need to go to your cruise meet thread and see if there is one organized. Most FE groups have a cut off date about 30-45 days out to allow participants to get their gifts organized. Some groups may set up a "late-comers group". Here's a link to your cruise meet thread, check it out:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/june-8-2015-alaskan-cruise-on-the-wonder.3254863/#post-51046558

Thanks PrincessShmoo!

For food for the kids, the twins don't eat baby food anymore so I was wondering if the nursery allows ship finger foods if we put it in a container?

You can only bring pre-packaged food onboard the ship, and take pre-packaged food off the ship. On board you can put them in toddler size containers.

The Disney Cruise Line Navigator App is available at the Google store for Android phones. I have it on my Samsung. However, it is not compatible with some older android smart phones.

The nursery can't accept foods made in the kitchens of the ship. This is because they have to know how long it has been since it was cooked or out of the fridge. It has to do with health codes. You can bring things from home that are store bought packages. Putting chicken tenders in a bag will not count as "packaged".

They have bananas and crackers and yogurt they can give for snacks. They also serve meals at the same time as the lab and club. You can let them eat that food or feed them before or after they come. You will be asked about what they can eat and if they need to when you check them in. If you don't get asked and you want them to have a meal let them know. They will probably offer the food unless you say you don't want then them to have it.

The pools are heated but it could be pretty chilly out. My son loved it on our trip up the coast to Vancouver but we needed lots of towels and blankets when he was ready to get out. The toddler water area only has a few inches of water,. It was too cold for my toddler once we passed Northern California.

We loved flounders reef! I think I fed him before dropping him off and left him with a small tote filled with diaper stuff and a sippy cup with water.

You can take the toddlers into the oceaneer's club during open hours. We did that and they loved it! Peter Pan was hanging out in there at the time!

Does the DCL App have much functionality on the Wonder? It was great on the Fantasy, but I seem to remember reading it is more limited on the older ships..

Does the DCL App have much functionality on the Wonder? It was great on the Fantasy, but I seem to remember reading it is more limited on the older ships..
Yes, the app as well as the texting feature are available on all 4 ships now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter