• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Down Under

I look forward to reading it!

Did they have any stock of this popcorn bucket left: https://wdwnt.com/2022/11/musical-popcorn-tin-soon-disney-world-disneyland/

Or just the reindeer head shaped one?

Nope. Only two? Designs of the basic and reindeer. Hopefully Disney learns from their experience this year and how many Disney fans they have in Australia and New Zealand (and South Africa and Japan being the other two noticeable nationalities on board).

I will say as a solo I was a bit disappointed the mouse didn’t have a solo cruiser get together. I lucked into a friend or few for trivia and activities but I did notice a number of solos always alone. Would have been great to be able to met and coordinate.

The shops were packed a lot. Lots of things flying off the shelf. Last two days it seemed like everyone wearing something from the shops. I couldn’t believe the money the mouse was pulling in considering the exchange rate. I know I could have spent more but I tried to be restrained. Lots of people with the cups and popcorn buckets and everything. But surprisingly sparse alcohol sales at dinner I noticed. At least in my seating.

How silly!
In countries where it’s difficult to get a fire arm, knifes are the weapon of choice. That’s why they are being regulated. One could argue that a butter knife which is about as dangerous as a knitting needle should not fall under this law. But I can also see that DCL just decided it wasn’t worth the hassle to argue that something called a knife wasn’t a knife…

In countries where it’s difficult to get a fire arm, knifes are the weapon of choice. That’s why they are being regulated. One could argue that a butter knife which is about as dangerous as a knitting needle should not fall under this law. But I can also see that DCL just decided it wasn’t worth the hassle to argue that something called a knife wasn’t a knife…
But you can certainly buy butter knives and steak knives in Australia.

My best guess is it was a combination of ‘knife’ plus transportation. Weapons are a prohibited item on a cruise ship. Knives and silverware never lingered long on tables during service either to be honest.

But you can certainly buy butter knives and steak knives in Australia.
but they look like knives. Not like another object. That’s what the PP found out: knives that look like something else are banned in Australia. I can even see the purpose of this as it makes security controls (like a soccer games) easier if you see that the knife is a knife. While this is intended to hit really dangerous items, the AP butter knife is a collateral damage.

We're not sailing until mid January (6 day Noumea cruise). I do hope there's some merch left. We've always bought a Christmas decoration from our Disney trips (parks or cruise) so we're hoping one of those will be available.

On a separate note, were any of you travelling with teens? If so, do you have any feedback on Vibe? My kids were Oceaneer Lab age last cruise so haven't done a teen club and are a bit shy about registering for Vibe.

Some of the food and drink changes are to do with certain ingredients (gmo) not being allowed in Australia and NZ - this was what the advice was. Alcohol also had to do with some australian laws, drinks machine needed some adjustments to handle the syrups for soda since they are different downunder.

Apparently the Mickey Premium Bars is one of those things that fell under the non allowed ingredient so they could only serve what they had and couldn't replace as the item can't be shipped/sold in Australia. Maybe some changes will be made for next season.

It has been interesting following along with things - NZ didn't have any enforcement of PAT so lines were hours long until after 3pm, not sure if this will be changed for future sailings (if they've learnt their lesson at the chaos yesterday).

Some of the food and drink changes are to do with certain ingredients (gmo) not being allowed in Australia and NZ - this was what the advice was. Alcohol also had to do with some australian laws, drinks machine needed some adjustments to handle the syrups for soda since they are different downunder.

Apparently the Mickey Premium Bars is one of those things that fell under the non allowed ingredient so they could only serve what they had and couldn't replace as the item can't be shipped/sold in Australia. Maybe some changes will be made for next season.

It has been interesting following along with things - NZ didn't have any enforcement of PAT so lines were hours long until after 3pm, not sure if this will be changed for future sailings (if they've learnt their lesson at the chaos yesterday).

Was the Wonder Late getting underway yesterday. It was still in port well after 4pm and I honestly swear I heard the horn in my hotel room (staying near the Viaduct) around 6pm

On my Melbourne embarkation I never heard a group number called but they were kinda enforcing PAT. I got there at 12ish and my very confused Uber driver let me off. My PAT was 1230 but they let me through around 1210 but were refusing 1245 and later.

Was the Wonder Late getting underway yesterday. It was still in port well after 4pm and I honestly swear I heard the horn in my hotel room (staying near the Viaduct) around 6pm

On my Melbourne embarkation I never heard a group number called but they were kinda enforcing PAT. I got there at 12ish and my very confused Uber driver let me off. My PAT was 1230 but they let me through around 1210 but were refusing 1245 and later.
I think they headed off around 5.45pm but not 100% sure.

This was chaos - I saw photos, people with 12.30PAT's were still in the line to check in after 2pm. People were dropping bags and just joining the line since there wasn't any sort of seperation of the area.

It did make me plan for a longer wait than anticipated so I'll pack snacks for kids and hope for the best.

The terminal was honestly pretty tiny and there was very little room in front of the building. Beautiful building but small even for the Wonder. And it fronts the street very closely. I think it was maybe 30m from the end of Shed 10 to Britomart. So I can imagine the congestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter