• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Cabin 7550 or 7562? Or… Deck 6?

texaskristi

Earning My Ears
Which location would you pick on the Wonder - 7550 or 7562?

or should I go with deck 6? ….More details…
Dealt with motion sickness during cruise and after in 2013. Not sure if it was the perfect storm or if I just now deal with sea sickness. (No issues when I cruised in 1999). Lots of issues at play in 2013 - had been sick with a sinus infection, flights before and after, etc). Anyway, I’m going prepared this time. Sticking to midship area. Just not sure how much difference there would be between deck 6 and 7 as far as ship motion.

Either stateroom should be fine. We’ve done both deck 6 and deck 7 midship on both the Wonder and the Magic to minimize ship motion to the extent possible. Lower is usually better, and deck 6 is the lowest deck which has verandas. We choose deck 6 when we can get one of our preferred staterooms (the four non-connecting staterooms on either port or starboard right near the elevator lobby 6056-6062 and 6556-6562) and the corresponding staterooms on deck 7 (7044-7050 and 7544-7550) otherwise. This has been a particular concern because we are frequently doing b2b sailings and much prefer to have the same stateroom for both cruises. Deck 6 has the small benefit of being category 5B compared to deck 7 as a slightly more expensive 5A. Also, deck 6 is just slightly lower in the ship, so less subject to motion than deck 7, but I really don’t think there’s really a measurable difference since those decks with only staterooms are not all that high. As noted above, 7550 is right by the elevator lobby. That has not been a particular concern for us on either the Wonder or Magic. The only time we experienced an excess of noise from stairway and elevator lobby traffic was our first sailing on the Fantasy when there was a marauding band of pre-teens playing games on the stairs and we had a stateroom in a similar location. Subsequent cruises have not had a repeat of this. Some people avoid deck 6 because of the Oceaneer Club and Lab on deck 5, but the rooms we prefer by the elevator lobby are above the atrium, not the kids’ clubs. Deck 7 has staterooms both above and below, so no concern in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter