Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

Is she home schooled as well or are you just pulling her? No worries I would have pulled my kids out of school for this if we weren't home schooling. So no judgment I was just curious

no we just pull our kids from school. I think it is better for them to experience other cultures rather than read about them. We make arrangements with the schools beforehand so they have work to take with them and we haven't had any issues yet. They are missing the first part of grade 9 this year for the transatlantic and they missed the end of last year for the med cruise. As long as their grades don't suffer, I am fine pulling them out of school for travel.

Texas school requirements are like being on house arrest. It is difficult to pull them out for any length of time. We usually worked around them. Now, my kids are almost done with school, so Hawaii will be a breath of fresh air! Although we DID do the 2012 Hawaii cruise. My college aged son "watched" our very mature teen aged daughter with surprise visits from grandparents. Worked out well. Kids didn't want to miss school and come with us. Crazy, I know!

All of our kids must have some different mentality, than us adults. My older two (13 and 11) wanted to go on the EBTA 2015, but didn't want to stay for the Baltic or Norway after. They prefer the at sea days and do not like to keep getting on and off the ship. It's my 9yo that jumps at every opportunity to travel.

None of them wanted to go with me to Alaska this trip. Now that I am leaving, my 9yo is very very upset that she didn't say yes initially, but it's too late to get her airfare.

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great Cruise!

We just booked today! Our first B2B. Hawaii to Vancouver and Vancouver to San Diego. First cruise without the kids! We are celebrating 50th birthday's for my husband and I!:dance3:

We made our down payment today on the Hawaii-Vancouver and Vancouver-San Diego B2B. I did ask our TA about what I was reading about this B2B being not allowed, and she said Disney told her that it is. Now I'm really confused and we'll see what happens. Anyways, it's me, DH, DS, DIL, GD will celebrate her 8th on the cruise, and DS's in-laws! I know DS wants to do Fish Exchange on the Hawaii portion for sure. I do have some other trips in between, but this will be a long wait!

Ditto - Robs 50th is 2 days before the cruise starts and mine is 10 weeks before. Maybe we should arrange a big "FIVE O Party. Difference is we are taking one of our kids this time. Didnt last year when he had his birthday on the Wonder through the Panama canal.

I'd like to know what DCL thinks is different about the b2b of this cruise and the next that is different from the same situation in 2012!! For those who also booked the Vancouver to San Diego repo - don't get too attached to it.

What exactly happened with DCL in Sept 2012?

DCL had two sets of repositioning cruises, and when taken b2b - they violated the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA). Those cruises were the May 2012 LA to Vancouver repo and the first Alaska cruise from Vancouver to Seattle, and the Sept. 2012 last Alaska cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and the Vancouver to LA repo. The problem was that those who booked them b2b were being transported between Seattle and LA without the ship visiting a distant foreign port - which violates the PVSA. DCL told their b2b passengers that there wasn't a problem with the cruises, and the people who booked the May b2b were able to take it. However, DCL was probably fined $300 per b2b passenger and told not to do that again. Shortly after the May b2b cruises - those who booked the Sept. b2b cruises were told they couldn't go on both and would have to cancel one of them.

The Sept. 2015 Honolulu to Vancouver and Vancouver to San Diego b2b is the same scenario as in 2012 - yet DCL is telling people it's ok to book the cruises as a b2b. I haven't read of the law changing, so I think DCL will be in hot water if they try to pull this off again. They need to get this straightened out NOW and not wait until a few months before departure to ask their b2b passengers to cancel one of the cruises.

I wonder if DCL might be making enough profit that they can afford the $300/ pp fine. Not sure if they get into any legal hot water though.

I wonder if DCL might be making enough profit that they can afford the $300/ pp fine. Not sure if they get into any legal hot water though.

It's only a 4-night cruise starting at $480 pp + taxes for the first two people, and $304 pp for two 17-year-olds. Whether or not they are making enough profit to afford the fine - intentionally violating the law wouldn't make me think too highly of them.

We (my wife Val and I) are booked on this cruise!!!

We were on board the Dream when the remainder of the 2015 schedule was released and booked through the OBB desk. Sailing in a cat 5A on deck 7. Our plan is to fly to HI 4-5 days beforehand and spend some time at Aulani.

We (my wife Val and I) are booked on this cruise!!!

We were on board the Dream when the remainder of the 2015 schedule was released and booked through the OBB desk. Sailing in a cat 5A on deck 7. Our plan is to fly to HI 4-5 days beforehand and spend some time at Aulani.

Welcome, Jeff and Val! Your pre-cruise plans in Oahu sound great. :)

Welcome, Jeff and Val! Your pre-cruise plans in Oahu sound great. :)

Thanks! We were just at Aulani a few weeks ago (in a Grand Villa!) and have just fallen in love with the place.

We spent a couple of nights in Waikiki at the beginning of April in the Marriott and it was nice. On the other end of the vacation, we spent one night at the Sheraton Waikiki and it had a spectacular view.

Marriott view:
10152675_10203038854799715_5894740545395719977_n.jpg

Sheraton view:
10313822_10203213647809431_5469695954419821164_n.jpg

Count us in. My DW and I are planning on a few days at Aulani before also. We are also planning on the 4 day B2B to San Diego. I am just a little hesitant to book it right now with all of the problems a similar B2B had before. How do others feel about this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter