Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

2 Hawaii cruises BTB, you will begin and end in Vancouver which is not a US port.

The issue comes when a foreign-flagged ship transports passengers between two US ports.

The Disney ships are flagged in the Bahamas, they are not US-flagged ships. So the Wonder cannot transport passengers between one US port (Honolulu) and another US port (San Diego) without a stop at a DISTANT foreign port. Vancouver is not a distant foreign port.

For a close-loop voyage (beginning and ending in the same port) a stop in any foreign port is sufficient, but this is not a closed loop so it requires a distant foreign port. This is why Ensenada was sufficient as a foreign port for the round trip Hawaii cruises that began and ended in Los Angeles.

And even though it's tecnically two cruises, if you take both you are considered to be on one voyage. The fact that they are two separate cruise reservations is not relevant. You would still be using that foreign-flagged ship as a conveyance between two US ports.

Would be interested in seeing if DCL has actually found a legal way around this or if it's going to be a repeat of what happened with the Seattle-Alaska-Seattle-LA back to back.

Hawaii B2B is ok?
You can cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu to Vancouver (B2B) because you embark and disembark in Vancouver.

You can even cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu to Vancouver to San Diego (B2B2B) because you embark in Vancouver (Canada) and disembark in San Diego (US).

You just can't cruise from Honolulu (US) to Vancouver to San Diego(US) because you embark in one US port and disembark in a different US port - without making a stop in a distant foreign port.

What matters is where you get on the ship and where you get off the ship permanently.

For those who want to sail from Hawaii to Vancouver and then to California - check out other cruise lines that reposition from Vancouver to LA/SD - like Princess.

Either way, I am pretty sure I am here on this cruise because I got a 4E and it fits all three kiddos and myself. I checked from ATL to Hawaii one way (this year) and it was $425 to HNL and $250 back to ATL from vancouver. I went back and forth on whether to be more responsible and go over Labor Day or just have the kids miss their classes and spend two night in Maui.

Since I can fly into HNL early and spend a few days there, it made more sense to be the irresponsible parent that yanks their kids away longer and spend 2 nights in Maui as well. :lmao:

(I kid some what because I home school, but they do take classes outside the house and they will be missing those)

Either way, I am pretty sure I am here on this cruise because I got a 4E and it fits all three kiddos and myself. I checked from ATL to Hawaii one way (this year) and it was $425 to HNL and $250 back to ATL from vancouver. I went back and forth on whether to be more responsible and go over Labor Day or just have the kids miss their classes and spend two night in Maui. Since I can fly into HNL early and spend a few days there, it made more sense to be the irresponsible parent that yanks their kids away longer and spend 2 nights in Maui as well. :lmao: (I kid some what because I home school, but they do take classes outside the house and they will be missing those)

Either way, we are glad to have you! ;-)

We'll have a whole year to get to know each other!

Either way, we are glad to have you! ;-)

We'll have a whole year to get to know each other!

Are you on the 6/6 Norway cruise as well?

This cruise should be a super fun. My 11yo has been waiting for a Hawaiian Disney cruise. When it finally came, she was jumping up and down while singing. She is so excited. My kids will be 14, 10, and 13. If My 14yo decides he really can't miss, it will turn into a "girl cruise" with my 10 and 13yo.

We booked this one and the Vancouver to SD one. I've been reading all the posts about it though, so we'll see :)

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. This is the farthest out we have EVER booked and we are VERY excited. :cool1: We will be sailing on the Fantasy on Saturday so that will have to hold us for a few months.

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. This is the farthest out we have EVER booked and we are VERY excited. :cool1: We will be sailing on the Fantasy on Saturday so that will have to hold us for a few months.

Enjoy your cruise!!! I'm on the Wonder Saturday. We are definitely on this cruise. My daughter initially really wanted to go over her bday Sept 8th, but then realized we gat a longer vacation if we stay on this one. My 14yo will be a junior in high school but he decided to hold off physics that year to go with us. So excited:dance3:

Enjoy your cruise!!! I'm on the Wonder Saturday. We are definitely on this cruise. My daughter initially really wanted to go over her bday Sept 8th, but then realized we gat a longer vacation if we stay on this one. My 14yo will be a junior in high school but he decided to hold off physics that year to go with us. So excited:dance3:

My daughter will be a few weeks shy of her 15th birthday for this cruise and is excited to go. My step daughter will be 15 but at this point she doesn't want to go :confused3 (we booked her on just in case she changes her mind)

We booked this one and the Vancouver to SD one. I've been reading all the posts about it though, so we'll see :)

I did the same but from everything I have read we will not be doing the Vancouver to SD....:sad1::sad1:

Hi everybody, looks like we'll be joining you as well (DH, myself & DS). :thumbsup2 We're from about 30 minutes from the Vancouver port (and used to live downtown), so we're happy to be going to Hawaii and then returning home ;) I'm a little nervous about getting seasick (we all get motion-sickness) but we couldn't pass it up and it's something DH & I have always wanted to do :) We'll be celebrating both DH & DS's birthdays on this cruise (technically their birthdays are right before, but who's counting? ;))

My daughter will be a few weeks shy of her 15th birthday for this cruise and is excited to go. My step daughter will be 15 but at this point she doesn't want to go :confused3 (we booked her on just in case she changes her mind)

Oh awesome!! Nico turns 15 Oct 6 that year so they are close in age :)

Guess I should have added that there will be three of us...Me---DH---DD who will be 25 at the time and we are from NorCal.....
This trip will be celebrating my birthday which is on the 4th just a couple weeks before the cruise....why not!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter