Women dieters...what do you do...

Beauty

DIS Veteran
When its "that time" of the month and you get so so hungry but you are dieting? Any advice??? I want chocolate and ice cream and cupcakes and cake and etc. etc. and can't have any of it. I tried the fat free Cool Whip...didn't help....the Fat Free Caramel...didn't help. I want real fattening sweets. HELP ME!!!!!!!

Go ahead and have A FEW.

One cupcake. A couple of cookies. A small piece of cake. One scoop of ice cream.

The key is not to deprive yourself of EVERYTHING you like, but to limit yourself . . .

Good luck!

I found out that the very best thing for me to do was to go and have what I want. Substituting other things for what I want doesn't work for me.
It doesn't matter if I eat a bowl of salad big enough to fit my house, I will end up eating that "junk" regardless.
I also found out what works best when I'm in that funk. A regular sized Snickers bar works wonders. It takes care of all my cravings.

I'm with Deb and Serena on this one! No sense trying to fight the urge with the other foods, you'll just be racking up more and more calories trying to satisfy the urge. Eat a few or a little of what you want. I do that and I know I'm better off in the long run.

Tootsie Pops are great too! They last long and there's a chocolate treat in the middle!! :)

Well I did find a temporary fix. I don't know how long it will last..LOL...I took my fat free milk and my fat free chocolate and made chocolate milk and its really yummy! Maybe this will do it, I hope! If not maybe TCBY which is good but not AS bad.

Eat it, just don't eat to much of it. Have one scoop of ice cream, one cupcake, or 2 cookies. :D

Beauty - cut your carbs, not as extremely as Atkins but substitute most of your carbs for more protein and you shouldn't crave sweets as much.

Don't know why, but it works. :)

I give myself a day or 2 where I can have as much of whatever I want. Then I get back to my diet and exercise routine and it all evens out in a couple of days. Probably not the most healthy thing in the world, but it works for me. ;)

Weight Watchers makes a fudge sundae that's really yummy.:D

I'm with everybody else on this one - go ahead and eat it, but not too much. If I'm craving chocolate, I can eat an entire bag of fat free, salt free pretzels and that won't satisfy me, and I end up eating more calories than if I'd had the chocolate in the first place.

Healthy Choice makes a WONDERFUL Tin Roof Sundae ice cream, vanilla ice cream, peanuts, chocolate syrup. That'll take care of your cravings! 1/2 cup is only 2 WW points, but even if you eat a whole cup, that's still not too bad. Yum!

fat free cool whip between chocolate graham crackers then freeze it! This only something like 30 calories and it tastes GREAT! I do it all the time it *almost* like an Ice Cream Sandwich~!

There is a brand of ice creams called Skinny Cow that are so yummy, the peanut butter cup ice cream sandwiches are the best!

I agree with addicted to WDW. And I'd really encourage you not to eat that fat free stuff -- it is just loaded with sugar, which is much worse for you than fat. I think you'd be much better off eating small portions of the real thing.

YOU ALL HAVE MADE ME HUNGRY FOR CHOCOLATE:eek: ! Thanks a lot. I am at that same "time" Beauty and I do crave it. Binny, I have not seen the chocolate graham crackers in awhile. Do they still make them? I will check again. That sound SO good right now. In fact, I now have a headache for chocolate...
I do agree though, that a little fat with it is SO much more satisfying and seems to help.:D

I agree with minnie... 12 people in our office have been on Weight Watchers for quite a while and swear by Skinny Cows. The vanilla ones are only 2 points. Good luck!
-MrsAPalm

Weight Watchers makes their own desserts which are delicious! Muffins, chocolate mousse, ice cream, etc. Haagen Daas makes frozen yogurt dipped in raspberry sorbet for only 2 WW points.

I just bought some chocolate graham crackers at Walmart. :)

theres also a greta drink out that should satisfy your sweet tooth1 its sugar free ( sweetened with Splenda) 0 fat 0 sodium 0 carb!! Its called Diet Ice Botanicals I bought a case at COstco for $11. yesterday coems in Passion/peach Cran/Rasberry Strawberry/Kiwi and one other I cant think of right now.

Theyre really good too!

THANK you Binny:D ! I was able to find one box(the ONLY box!) of the Chocolate Graham crackers from Publix today. I just ate one with the cool whip and it was wonderful! Just what I "needed"...:p

When you get the urge, but only when you get the "real urge", have some of that chocolate and enjoy. That way you won't feel so deprived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter