• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woman in persistive vegetative state unexpectedly delivers baby

This is a bit OT, but I know when we had a relative with late stage Alzheimer's start to aspirate on food, they told us that feeding artificially at that point was considered "extraordinary measure", and we made the difficult decision to let her go naturally by withholding articificial feeding. This was the accepted practice in Alzheimer's care.

It got me to thinking about a child in a persisitive vegetative state (also a neurological condition) and what accepted practice is for that in terms of artificial feeding. So I researched it a little bit, and thought I'd share for those interested.

This article is lengthy, but gets into a lot of detail about it. They talk about persistent vegetative state on page 4.

From the American Academy of Pediatrics
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/124/2/813.full.pdf?download=true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter