Woman dies aboard liberty of the seas

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorimay

Strolling along...
Just heard this on my local news...

I am in FT Lauderdale where the ship returned this morning from a 4night cruise.

A 47 year old woman missed a step going down the stairs and passed away.

So awful, my prayers go out to her family.

Just heard this on my local news...

I am in FT Lauderdale where the ship returned this morning from a 4night cruise.

A 47 year old woman missed a step going down the stairs and passed away.

So awful, my prayers go out to her family.

What a shame! Thoughts to her family and friends.

As to the relevancy, it does seem that reports of accidents or injuries in cruising is relevant to the cruise line board, at least to me--just MHO. Both of the last two reports seem like isolated, freak incidents--they don't seem to indicate negligence on the part of their respective cruise lines, and they look like they could have happened as easily on a Disney ship as on any other.

What a shame! Thoughts to her family and friends.

As to the relevancy, it does seem that reports of accidents or injuries in cruising is relevant to the cruise line board, at least to me--just MHO. Both of the last two reports seem like isolated, freak incidents--they don't seem to indicate negligence on the part of their respective cruise lines, and they look like they could have happened as easily on a Disney ship as on any other.

People die on cruise ships all the time. They are small cities, so this should not come as a surprise. Most of the time, we don't hear about it because they are from natural causes. I would hate to see this board turn into the obit pages.

People die on cruise ships all the time. They are small cities, so this should not come as a surprise. Most of the time, we don't hear about it because they are from natural causes. I would hate to see this board turn into the obit pages.
That's why ships have morgues.

According to the post the deceased person tripped and fell down the stairs. Not really specific to cruising, that can happen anywhere where there are stairs. The post doesn't say the ship was in rough seas or anything. Could serve as an alert to be cautious on the stairs.

Yes, it is sad when an accident like this happens.

very scary to die from such an unfortunate misstep - and so young, too.

We lost a family member last October because of a fall on stairs. He was was only 37 and this happened at work. I am taking this as a caution. Falls can be very dangerous. Please be careful. Thanks for posting.

That is very sad. You just don't think about things like that happening on vacation. Falls are not only dangerous for the elderly!

I have to admit, I was also concerned by the second half of this article that I was reading:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/o...est-dies-fall-cruisers-hurt-shore-crash-33359

It starts off talking about the woman who fell, but continues with a story about an excursion "safari vehicle" on St. Thomas that "careened into mailboxes, struck a parked SUV, launched itself over a ridge and plunged 65 feet into thick bush." One woman broke her hip; fortunately that was the only severe injury (13 tourists were on the vehicle at the time).

Sayhello

having a bad day??

Yes, I was having a VERY bad morning, and I apologize profusely. I should never have posted at all. I'm very sorry.
I would delete the post, but it's been quoted, so it wouldn't make any difference.
I would have deleted it earlier, but our power went out....sorry.

On the extended cruises, especially the round the world trips that take months, it's not unusual to have at least one passenger pass away from natural causes. The passengers on those cruises tend to be older (so they don't have to get back to work any time soon) and a world voyage is on a lot of people's "bucket lists."

Yes, I was having a VERY bad morning, and I apologize profusely. I should never have posted at all. I'm very sorry.
I would delete the post, but it's been quoted, so it wouldn't make any difference.
I would have deleted it earlier, but our power went out....sorry.

No problem....we all have those days!!!:goodvibes

Thanks,

MJ

Seriously, she is being sarcastic!! Rude.

No....I meant that very genuinely. I'm sorry, too, that you can't hear my voice or see my face, and see that I'm being honest.
I admit that I have lost my temper, and that I have posted things I shouldn't have and that sometimes I'm not as nice as I should be, but one thing for sure...I'm not a liar. I'm usually really good at admitting when I was wrong.

I was a bit puzzled by the original post. Maybe the OP left out some details out of concern about offending anyone. But I couldn't understand how someone can "miss a step" and die.

So I went and searched this. She actually hit her head when she fell, wtnesses said there was a lot of blood, and she died an hour or so later in the infirmary.

In any event, very tragic, and my heart goes out to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter