WOC Dining Packages: Can you order off the regular menu?

caroluau

Mouseketeer
We are looking at Carthay Circle with a WOC package but the WOC prix fix menu is limited and we would rather order off the menu. Has anyone done this? Were you still able to get the WOC vouchers?

It's now a pre fixe menu like the others, so no. You may get a CM to let you but I wouldn't count on it.

We are looking at Carthay Circle with a WOC package but the WOC prix fix menu is limited and we would rather order off the menu. Has anyone done this? Were you still able to get the WOC vouchers?

In almost all cases, the answer has been no. You are only allowed to order from the selection on the prix fixe menu. My family asked once because but were told that there were no substitutions allowed. When the package first came out, you could order from the regular menu, but once it went to the prix fixe menu, they've been pretty strict about adhering to it.

When we did it (and this was two years ago. summer 2012), we were able to order from the regular menu as long as the price came out to be higher than what we would have paid for the WOC menu. My take on is was that they just wanted to be sure no one was coming in trying to order an inexpensive app and dessert and get WOC.

I would note that originally our server told us no, but we asked to see a manager, who told us yes.

Your mileage may vary. :)

This was our menu from the World of Color lunch package a couple of weeks ago. This was our best meal of the trip. Everything was fantastic

I wasn't planning to do a WOC meal anyway, but gah, no vegetarian option. I do eat fish, so I would be ok, but yeah, it's frustrating when there's a prix fixe somewhere and one course takes you out of the game.

Also, chicken broth with ham for lunch? And it's not winter? It's like Passover, but not...

I was wondering what happens if it rains, or is to windy, or WOC is cancelled for whatever reason that night. I assume you just loose out. Is that correct?

We are planning to do the WoC lunch while there in October and my daughter is vegetarian. I would imagine they would allow a substitution in that situation, but will call and find out prior to booking. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter