• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOC Dessert questions

Some random questions as we start to plan our trip in October:

1) would you recommend the dessert party with kids? Ages 3,6,9. I was thinking it’s easier to have a spot with food versus wait around for the show

2) we will be in a group of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids), so how would seating work? It looked like online a lot of the tables were 2-4 people

3) are the chairs high top or regular? Are they ok for kids (thinking of our 3 year old)? For some reason I thought they were higher chairs

Thank you

Last edited:
Tagging on here with a question; I’m torn between a high top or a low top top but mine is because when I sit at a high top my legs generally dangle quite a bit because I’m short. For a small time period it’s ok but then I really feel more comfortable resting my feet on a notch or a bar or something on the chair.
Do the high tops chairs have a “foot rest” of sorts?

This could pertain to the OPs question too because little kids would benefit from this too if at a high top

Tagging on here with a question; I’m torn between a high top or a low top top but mine is because when I sit at a high top my legs generally dangle quite a bit because I’m short. For a small time period it’s ok but then I really feel more comfortable resting my feet on a notch or a bar or something on the chair.
Do the high tops chairs have a “foot rest” of sorts?

This could pertain to the OPs question too because little kids would benefit from this too if at a high top
There was a footrest.

Some random questions as we start to plan our trip in October:

1) would you recommend the dessert party with kids? Ages 3,6,9. I was thinking it’s easier to have a spot with food versus wait around for the show

2) we will be in a group of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids), so how would seating work? It looked like online a lot of the tables were 2-4 people

3) are the chairs high top or regular? Are they ok for kids (thinking of our 3 year old)? For some reason I thought they were higher chairs

Thank you
As long as your 3 year old is mellow/will sit. It’s a relaxing experience, or at least it’s meant to be, ha ha. We sat enjoying our drinks and desserts a d the view for about 45 minutes before the show, plus the duration of the show. It was fantastic for our party of two adults, two kids (7 and 8 years old). I left my 3 year old at home though because it wouldn’t have been as relaxing with him.

We are doing it with kids ages 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15. Previously when the kids were younger, we would do dining packages or fastpass, and always had a bunch of snacks and drinks for the kids while we waited. We'd bring blankets to set down for them as well, so waiting wasn't terrible. We are excited to do dessert party this time though!

We are a party of 7, so I assume we will have 2 tables, 4 and 1, and 3 at the other, and if there are any single person parties I would bet they get seated with us. For you, I would think you can pick whether you do 3 and 3 or 4 and 2, but do expect to have other people at the tables with you.

They do have some low tables as well. We plan on doing the high tops, but when I had a 3 yr old I'd probably have done lower. My kids are a bit prone to over excitement and falling out of chairs though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter