WOC Dessert Party - what time to check in/ select table?

RunnerMom71

Mouseketeer
Going this Friday - 8:00 party. What time should we check in to select table / get wrist bands?

Any advice on table selection? thinking high top as I'm on the shorter side.

Can't wait to see WOC - last time was 2019!

I booked for the first show on Tuesday 27 June. I walked by the area as they were setting up to check out the tables. I am on the short side too and I wasnt sure which to choose.

On the day there are two steps.
1. Check In
Check in opens at 7pm for the 9pm show. The check in area is at the Eureka water wheel near the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I was there about 6.45pm and was second in line. By being so early I was able to request the type of table which suited me best. I chose the low table and asked for the area at the grass area where there were no people in front of me. I was given a wristband and told to come back at 8pm.

2. Entry to the viewing areas. At 8pm a CM gathered everyone with a wristband and walked us over to the viewing area. My wristband and name was checked by the cm and I was brought to my assigned table, number 38. This was on the right side as you look at the water. The other tables in my row were, 32, 33, 34, 39,40, 41.
WOC seats.png

The Desert Party is shared seating, 4 per table so even though I was solo, a family was was also assigned to my table.

The Desert Plate is
  • Macfetti Bunt Cake
  • Raspberry Filled Shortbread Cookie
  • Triple Chocolate Layer Cheesecake
  • Birthday Macaron
  • Rainbow Sprinkles Krispie
  • Grapes and Crackers
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Camembert Cheese

As soon as my server brought me to my table, she took my drink order. Drinks are 2 alcohol per person with unlimited water, coffee, tea , coke, diet coke, sprite and hot chocolate. I had sparkling wine and a vodka based cocktail, beer and a non alcohol cocktail were also available.

While the drinks were being prepared she brought my food plate.

I liked everything but I didnt finish all the food. Just before the show started my server came around with to go boxes for any food I wanted to keep. As I only ate half of everything, I boxed up the left overs. They stop serving and have all tables cleared by the time the show starts, so the earlier you get seated the longer you have to enjoy the food and drink.

We went on July 1st to the 8PM . We got to the check in at 720and there were only a couple of people in front of me. I got our wrist band, request an high top seat and then said to get back between 745-800. We went and rode Little Mermaid and came back. At that time there was a huge line up at people. We had a nice seat fairly Center in the first row of high tops.

Last edited:

We checked in around 7:30 and had no problem getting a high top table. There were around 25 people ahead of us who had already checked in.

I find these replies very interesting because when I booked it (I'm not original author of this post FYI - just hijacking) it said check-in at least an hour before, which would mean if show starts at 8 you should check in at 7. So people checking in at 7:30 and still not having many people in front of them is interesting.

We went to the second party so I can't help you with time, but we had THE BEST table. We were second to check in and I just asked for a good high top with central seating. I first asked for a high top in the front row and he said "no, you don't want that" 😂 We were table 27, the high top at the base of the stairs to the left. We were a group of two so we were sat with another group of two: a mother and daughter celebrating her graduation. They told us they do the dessert party most trips and this was by far the best table they have been at. Attaching pictures!

IMG_2240.JPGIMG_2227.JPG

We went to the second party so I can't help you with time, but we had THE BEST table. We were second to check in and I just asked for a good high top with central seating. I first asked for a high top in the front row and he said "no, you don't want that" 😂 We were table 27, the high top at the base of the stairs to the left. We were a group of two so we were sat with another group of two: a mother and daughter celebrating her graduation. They told us they do the dessert party most trips and this was by far the best table they have been at. Attaching pictures!

View attachment 782899View attachment 782900
What time did you check in for the second show? Thanks for the info!

I've done it twice and both times checked in super early.

The first time at 6:25pm (ish) and was 2nd in line
the second time at 6:15pm and was first in line

I was sure I wanted a high top and was worried if I waited

Last edited:
We went to the second party so I can't help you with time, but we had THE BEST table. We were second to check in and I just asked for a good high top with central seating. I first asked for a high top in the front row and he said "no, you don't want that" 😂 We were table 27, the high top at the base of the stairs to the left.
Just curious why he said you wouldn't want the front row?

We got there around 7:30 and there was just a mother and her son in front of us. We had mobile ordered a drink and just sat on the ground and looked through pictures and such while we waited. They will start checking in once the first party is checked in and seating. We were able to go and ride Web Slingers and Maters between checking in and getting back for the seating for our party. We were towards the back of the line but had plenty of time to eat, get both drinks, and chat with our table mates before the show!

Just curious why he said you wouldn't want the front row?
He said the high tops in the front were off to the side and I had basically said whatever the table with the best view was! We wanted a high top for sure and although I had heard the front row high tops were sought over, he did not steer me wrong!

We got there around 7:30 and there was just a mother and her son in front of us. We had mobile ordered a drink and just sat on the ground and looked through pictures and such while we waited. They will start checking in once the first party is checked in and seating. We were able to go and ride Web Slingers and Maters between checking in and getting back for the seating for our party. We were towards the back of the line but had plenty of time to eat, get both drinks, and chat with our table mates before the show!
Thanks so much. I will at DL starting next week for 8 days and I have the second WOC party on Friday the 11th! Looking forward to my trip and WOC party. I will get to the check-in around 7ish.

Just like the others said table 27 is probably one of the best high top tables. I was lucky enough to get it with my parents late July…
We checked in at about 7:00 (there were a couple of families already ahead of us)
The CM said he was giving us a nice center table and I quickly chimed in and asked for high top… he seemed a little surprised (probably because he heard that we were from Europe and not locals but knowledgeable enough to ask for specific chairs) but he was happy to give us high tops and like I said, probably one of the best…

We were led to the WOC dessert party area just at about 8:00pm… We sat down at 8:02 and got drinks about 10 minutes later… (because I was worried about slow service we ordered two beverages at once to safe some time… which worked out perfectly)

Hello! Reporting back - thank you all for your advice & tips.

Went 8/4 for the first showing. We had dinner with friends at DTD that weren't going into the parks that day - so didn't show up until 7:40ish to check in. Cast member asked where we wanted to sit - I asked his advice & he said "take this table": I said okay! We were *right* smack in the middle/ low table. It was an awesome view and my daughter & I shared a table w/ a couple from Marin who bought tix at the last min. Really nice guys that were fun to share a table with!

Loved WOC One - it looks amazing. Loved the relaxed environment and sitting down, soaking in Paradise Pier. Cast members were all awesome and wanted to make sure we had a special evening!

Pics from our table

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpeg
    IMG_2078.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I find these replies very interesting because when I booked it (I'm not original author of this post FYI - just hijacking) it said check-in at least an hour before, which would mean if show starts at 8 you should check in at 7. So people checking in at 7:30 and still not having many people in front of them is interesting.
The current WOC shows start at 9pm and 10:15pm. I’m going to the first show later this week and the reservation says 8pm which has me getting there an hour before the actual show. Getting there at 7:30 is getting there a half hour before the reservation which is 1.5hrs before the actual show.

What do you guys think the weight limit is on the directors chairs?

I've done it a few times and always sat at the lower tables but I'm going solo next month and thinking of asking for the tall ones but my only thought is "omg of all people it'd be me breaking a chair and falling on my face" :laughing:

We had the 2nd show, but checked in with the 1st show folks, then went about doing other things in the Parks. There were many others for the 2nd show that also checked in with the 1st show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter