WOC Dessert Party Table # with Pictures of view

I can also confirm despite 3 phone calls and 2 emails the dessert allergy tray was a beautiful fruit tray, complete with pineapple which is one of my allergies. Every time they called I asked if they had a menu and they said no, but they specifically asked about almond flour (macarons) which I told them is actually ok. They even called at 2 the day of and I relisted the fruits I can't eat and said basically it is melon, citrus and grapes that are ok. The only thing I couldn't eat on the regular tray they ended up bringing was the purple cookie with raspberry. Since the raspberry wasn't busy touching everything it was alright and I just gave it to my husband. If they had just read the printed menu on all the tables we could have saved some hassle!
Desserts were nice though. The special drink was yummy too. And they brought 2 each.

I can also confirm despite 3 phone calls and 2 emails the dessert allergy tray was a beautiful fruit tray, complete with pineapple which is one of my allergies. Every time they called I asked if they had a menu and they said no, but they specifically asked about almond flour (macarons) which I told them is actually ok. They even called at 2 the day of and I relisted the fruits I can't eat and said basically it is melon, citrus and grapes that are ok. The only thing I couldn't eat on the regular tray they ended up bringing was the purple cookie with raspberry. Since the raspberry wasn't busy touching everything it was alright and I just gave it to my husband. If they had just read the printed menu on all the tables we could have saved some hassle!
Desserts were nice though. The special drink was yummy too. And they brought 2 each.
Wow! That's crazy. Too many people in the chain, I suspect. You made it clear, the person you told probably got it right, but somewhere after that it fizzled. Kind of a bummer but glad it worked out ok for you!

Wow! That's crazy. Too many people in the chain, I suspect. You made it clear, the person you told probably got it right, but somewhere after that it fizzled. Kind of a bummer but glad it worked out ok for you!
Yes, super silly. Just to be clear, they are the ones who called me each time. I only filled out the initial form. OBB called just once, confirmed that the menu on the website was correct and since that was all good I was able to avoid that hassle altogether.

We just did this, on Monday the 18th, it was a nice setup. But the whole experience and the show is one and done for us.
That's probably going to be true for us as well. My sister and I go together every Christmas season and try to find something we've never done before. This year, we're aiming for the WOC dessert party. Neither of us is too interested in the dessert--I've had many Disney dessert offerings at buffets and other events and don't find them very appealing--but in all the years I've been going (and that's a lot), I've never watched WOC start to finish. I've seen bits from my room in DLH, and some from the balcony in GCH, but never the whole thing, right there, with the music. It'll be cool, but probably not something I'll do again because I'll have to save my money for something else next year ha ha.

That's probably going to be true for us as well. My sister and I go together every Christmas season and try to find something we've never done before. This year, we're aiming for the WOC dessert party. Neither of us is too interested in the dessert--I've had many Disney dessert offerings at buffets and other events and don't find them very appealing--but in all the years I've been going (and that's a lot), I've never watched WOC start to finish. I've seen bits from my room in DLH, and some from the balcony in GCH, but never the whole thing, right there, with the music. It'll be cool, but probably not something I'll do again because I'll have to save my money for something else next year ha ha.
I bet you'll enjoy it :) . I'm curious about the Holiday WOC show and festive desserts.

I bet you'll enjoy it :) . I'm curious about the Holiday WOC show and festive desserts.
Yeah, I think you may be right! I'm trying to keep my expectations low, LOL.

We used to love the Holiday Tour, back when you got to ride IASWH, HMH, and the train in between. You got treats, a tour of decorations etc in both parks, Christmas caroling, and then a nice cushy chair next to IASW to watch the parade with a travel mug of cocoa and a big Mickey gingerbread cookie, plus you got a commemorative Holiday Tour pin at the end. That tour has been scaled back to a shadow of its former glory, which is too bad because I'd do it every year if it was still like it used to be. At least we got to do it several times before it went too far downhill.

Yeah, I think you may be right! I'm trying to keep my expectations low, LOL.

We used to love the Holiday Tour, back when you got to ride IASWH, HMH, and the train in between. You got treats, a tour of decorations etc in both parks, Christmas caroling, and then a nice cushy chair next to IASW to watch the parade with a travel mug of cocoa and a big Mickey gingerbread cookie, plus you got a commemorative Holiday Tour pin at the end. That tour has been scaled back to a shadow of its former glory, which is too bad because I'd do it every year if it was still like it used to be. At least we got to do it several times before it went too far downhill.
That tour sounds amazing!

Last summer we had table 45, which was a low table in the front row and all the way to the right. We picked a low table because we had a member of our party with mobility issues who would have had difficulty with the director's chairs. I was a little worried that we wouldn't get as good of a view with the low table, but it was still awesome! Here's a pic of the view. It did fill in with dining package guests, but no one put their kids on their shoulders so we still saw everything.16364.jpg

It’s so good and so fun, you might be happily surprised.

I guess post Covid they’ve discontinued the bread service that you used to get. I never did experience that since the two times I’ve done the dessert party have both been post Covid.
But there is a lot of cheese and not a lot of cracker.
A brilliant idea I read somewhere suggested getting a small sourdough bread, like the shaped ones, from the Boudin Bakery at the wharf (San Fransokyo) to bring to the dessert party. I forgot last time but this time I’m hoping to get a snowman or candy cane bread.

I LOVE the dessert party!

I guess post Covid they’ve discontinued the bread service that you used to get. I never did experience that since the two times I’ve done the dessert party have both been post Covid.
A brilliant idea I read somewhere suggested getting a small sourdough bread, like the shaped ones, from the Boudin Bakery at the wharf (San Fransokyo) to bring to the dessert party. I forgot last time but this time I’m hoping to get a snowman or candy cane bread.

That's a good idea to bring bread. Our server brought us tons of crackers when I asked for more, too. The CMs who work the dessert party are SO nice and very attentive.

What is candy cane bread? I'm intrigued...

That's a good idea to bring bread. Our server brought us tons of crackers when I asked for more, too. The CMs who work the dessert party are SO nice and very attentive.

What is candy cane bread? I'm intrigued...
Oh it’s just sourdough bread but shaped like a candy cane! ♥️

Ooooooh, now you've got me more excited to see it! And thanks so much for the bread tip--I remember something similar a long time back when we did the fireworks viewing on the Tomorrowland platform thingy. We wished we'd had more crackers! Bread--even better.

We had a beautiful concierge DTD view room one floor below the lounge last year. We stayed at GCH most of the trip but added one night DLH concierge at the end. That gave us the whole day/evening and the next morning to use the lounge. We were in our room, enjoying sparkling wine and snacks from the lounge the last evening, when the WOC show started. We both went, "What's THAT??" before running over to the window to see. We were quite amazed at how beautiful and cool it was, even from that distance. This year (if we get a reservation) we'll see it up close! Honestly, it was so much better than I'd thought.

Ooooooh, now you've got me more excited to see it! And thanks so much for the bread tip--I remember something similar a long time back when we did the fireworks viewing on the Tomorrowland platform thingy. We wished we'd had more crackers! Bread--even better.

We had a beautiful concierge DTD view room one floor below the lounge last year. We stayed at GCH most of the trip but added one night DLH concierge at the end. That gave us the whole day/evening and the next morning to use the lounge. We were in our room, enjoying sparkling wine and snacks from the lounge the last evening, when the WOC show started. We both went, "What's THAT??" before running over to the window to see. We were quite amazed at how beautiful and cool it was, even from that distance. This year (if we get a reservation) we'll see it up close! Honestly, it was so much better than I'd thought.
I’m a fan! I adore it and I love having a seat and service. Unlimited coffee and tea and hot chocolate!
I like the director chairs of the high tops.

The first time we were 3 people, the last time we were 5 people.
This time there will only be 2 of us though and I’ve read about how they combine people of small parties at the same table. I’m not a huge fan of that. When I check in I’m going to request that no one join us. Not because I’m not friendly, but I just don’t feel like making small talk for this event. I’d rather sit across the table from my cousin than next to her…

Oh it’s just sourdough bread but shaped like a candy cane! ♥️
That sounds so cute. Is the snowman just bread shaped like a snowman?

We were quite amazed at how beautiful and cool it was, even from that distance. This year (if we get a reservation) we'll see it up close! Honestly, it was so much better than I'd thought.
I hope you do! The reservations aren't difficult to get and the dessert party is such a treat. I love it.

The first time we were 3 people, the last time we were 5 people.
This time there will only be 2 of us though and I’ve read about how they combine people of small parties at the same table. I’m not a huge fan of that. When I check in I’m going to request that no one join us. Not because I’m not friendly, but I just don’t feel like making small talk for this event. I’d rather sit across the table from my cousin than next to her…
Not be a Debbie downer but I think they will have to seat you with another party. My daughter and I have done this many times and they always seat us with other people. I think your only chance would be if they aren’t sold out when you go.

I am an introvert and shy and HATE sitting with strangers. I just say a quick hi to the other people when we sit down and don’t initiate any other conversation. Usually people will get the hint you don’t want to be chatty based on behavior and body language.

Not be a Debbie downer but I think they will have to seat you with another party. My daughter and I have done this many times and they always seat us with other people. I think your only chance would be if they aren’t sold out when you go.

I am an introvert and shy and HATE sitting with strangers. I just say a quick hi to the other people when we sit down and don’t initiate any other conversation. Usually people will get the hint you don’t want to be chatty based on behavior and body language.
I won’t throw a fit! Lol
I will request not to though but if it happens, it happens
Doesn’t exactly make sense to me, because if we were a party of three, we would have our own table and it would be the same amount of tables used for the party
It is what it is! :)

I won’t throw a fit! Lol
I will request not to though but if it happens, it happens
Doesn’t exactly make sense to me, because if we were a party of three, we would have our own table and it would be the same amount of tables used for the party
It is what it is! :)
They seat singles with a party of 3 as well. We had a single with us last year.

Yep, people will get the idea. I know this because I went in January as a solo traveler and was seated with two other solo travelers. I'm an outgoing introvert (that's a thing!), and the woman at my table was very friendly and we chatted a lot before the show and after and had a lot in common. The man at our table was the opposite of that. I said hello to him when I sat down and he politely said hello back and then NOTHING ELSE the entire time. Just drank his hot chocolate, ate his desserts and watched the show without engaging. Which is totally fine! Neither I or the other person at the table were going to make someone engage with us who had no interest. We're there for the show, not to make friends, so it's easy to decide what level of interaction you want to have with strangers.

A tiny bit off topic, but if you have an ECV and are doing the party, is there somewhere to park it near where you are sitting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter