WL: What do couples do re: beds?

PrincessAurora

<font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre
OK, here is my issue. It seems to be that most resorts are set up for families with more than one bed. I will be at the Lodge for the second time this year but with my DB instead of my girlfriend. We would like just 1 bed. Are there King size beds available that are not (a) handicapped shower access and (b) on the first floor.

When I was at Port Orleans, I was able to get a single bed by paying more. Is that available at Wilderness Lodge?

the honeymoon room at the wilderness lodge has a king size bed. these rooms are located at the top of the lodge and there are only 4.:p

Sorry, too much money :(

Is there anyway to smoosh two Queens beds together?

Unfortuninately you can not move the 2 queen beds togethor since they are bolted to the wall.

How about a 1 bedroom villa? The VWL one bedrooms all have a king sized bed in the bedroom and a jacuzzi tub in the extra large bathroom. You could explore renting points from a DVC member to reduce the price.

Boy you can tell we have little ones.

Up until our move last February to our new house we slept in a queen bed. The first thing we did was treat ourselves to a king sized bed.

Oh, when I say we slept in a queen bed, I meant DH, myself and our ds4 and ds2.

Whenever we went on vacation we prayed for an upgrade to a room with queen beds and not doubles. Can't sleep 4 in one double bed. LOL

Princess Aurora, how I envy you. What I wouldn't do to have my king bed to myself.

I would put in the request. Make it your first request and who knows maybe you'll get lucky and get it. Can't hurt.

Have fun

I'm not sure if you're looking for the 1st floor (need to request the ground floor, which isn't always the 1st floor level in some parts of the lodge) or not. We had a non-handicap accessible king bed in a fantastically beautiful courtyard view on the 5th floor, with the pool and lake directly in front of us.

I don't believe there's any way to GUARANTEE a King bed in WL. It's a request.

I was able to get a king sized bed when I stayed at WL, but that was in 2000. The room we had was not handicapped accessible. I did not know that WL was set up that way with the king bed rooms, I thought only the All Stars were like that.

...that you may be able to request a king that is not handicap-assessible. You may want to pm AskMickey and get a definitive answer....BTW, luvpooh, LOVE your siggie (Go, Giants!!! We are from northern Bergen County)

We have tried to request a King with tub room at both WL and AKL and have had no luck. Most of the KIngs are handicapped accessible and since we have a little one we need the tub. Good luck with your request!

We stayed at the AKL last Oct and I reserved a King room for my parents. It was a nice standard view, they looked out at trees, on the first floor in the Kudo side. The room # was something like 3125. But they will not guarantee it. They did not have a hadicap room. Just ask for it on the reservation and note that you do not want HC. They were able to accomidate us, but we did have to wait to check-in until 4 pm

Last June we stayed at WL and made the request through our travel agent for a King bed as we were celebrating our first wedding aniversary. Upon arrival found we had been upgraded to courtyard view and had King bed with tub in bathroom! I think the room number was something like 4037 and we had a great view of the pool and lagoon.
Have a great time at WL.
Claire :D

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I will put in a request and cross my fingers. Has anyone had both the 2 queens and the queen and the bunk beds at WL. Just wondering which configuration takes up less room. Perhaps I can use the extra bed for stuffed animal storage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter