WL Questions - please help

PamNC

DIS Veteran
We're splitting our stay between our old favorite, Yacht Club and a new resort for us, Wilderness Lodge. We're doing the first 3 nights at WL concierge. Like I said, we've never stayed there so we were wondering about views, specifically for concierge. Any suggestions?

Conciergers: care to share your experiences with WL concierge with us?

Thanks!

PamNC
30 days and counting!

Last month we stayed on the 5th floor but upgraded to concierge priveleges for an extra $35 per night. We really enjoyed it. The concierge level is the 7th floor. You want to have a courtyard view so that you can see the pool, river, lake a nd geyser. The only drawback to the 7th floor is that the balconies are enclosed so you have to be standing to see out. We were on the 5th floor and had an open balcony so we could be sitting and still have agreat view.

Any 7th floor courtyard view will be great. If you are on the south side you will be able to see the geyser and Water Parade better though.

I would ask for an "inner" courtyard view because they also consider the rooms that look in direction of the villas courtyard views also. With an inner courtyard view you will be able to see the pool/geyser, etc.

If they don't have soda or bottled water out in the concierge area you can just ask for it.

We stayed WL concierge in October. We enjoyed it. We stayed on the 2nd floor becasue I didn't want to be up that high but I wish we had stayed on the 7th-less noise from toilets, etc.

If you are in one of the rooms in the north wing that would be a woods view you may be able to see the MK fireworks from your room so I wouldn't mind being in one of those rooms either.

Have you received any pre-arrival information from them? I do not know if WL doest this like the other concierge offices do. We did not receive anything last year.

Enjoy the food offerings and the extra help from the CM's.

Looking forward to a trip report when you get back.

Is there a Walk way to Fort Wilderness from WL? Also how is the boat transportation to and from WL? Do they have bike rentals?

Help!

Uncle Albert

UA,
Yes there is a walking path between WL and FW. The boat transportation is great in my opinion. A very relaxing ride. and yes, they do have bike rentals, even the surrey bikes.

...I am surprised that you did not receive anything, because, they too, send info to you beforehand.

PamNC ~
You are just going to LOVE WL and concierge! (I'm "lime green" with envy! -lol) I would opt for the "inner view" room too. You can enjoy the views of the lake, pool, geyser, and the Electric Water Parade!!

We also got a letter about 30 days prior to our arrival. Staff is very good. I think the food lay-out at the Poly concierge is a little better than the WL concierege. But both are good.

We think the boat to MK is excellent. Can't ever remember waiting more than 5 minutes or so, even at the busy times for a boat ride.

Have fun!

And even if you have to wait 5-10 minutes, there is so much to look at and entertain you and/or kids while out there on the dock. All sorts of fish and birds to watch. Even inspired a few impromptu science/nature lessons with my 6 yo DS last summer!

Lots of good advice - thanks everyone. I can't wait. It sounds like concierge is 2nd and 7th floors. That's unusual.

I think we'd love a geyser/pool view.

I'll do a trip report upon our return.

PamNC

Concierge is only on the 7th floor. Sometimes they let you stay on a lower floor for various different reasons but the concierge rooms and lounge area are accessed on the 7th floor by key.

Sorry for the confusion. I asked for the 2nd floor because of heights so they put me in a courtyard view room with access to the 7th floor on my keys.

I would never ask for them to put me on the 2nd floor again. You could hear everything below and above you and it would have been much easier to be up on 7.

We just booked WL for October. The Yellowstone Suite. I can't wait and it's not going to bother me one bit to be up that high. I thought I would have a problem with it but after being up in the lounge so much I realized I didn't. I prefer the balconies on the 7th floor because they are somewhat enclosed and you don't get the feeling that you are up that high.

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter