WL or Fort Wilderness Cabins with grandparents

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Thinking of taking DD with grandparents June 2014. DD will be 2. Had originally planned on WL but have been reading up on the Fort Wilderness cabins. DOes anyone have any experience at both? Which would be better? TIA.

Thinking of taking DD with grandparents June 2014. DD will be 2. Had originally planned on WL but have been reading up on the Fort Wilderness cabins. DOes anyone have any experience at both? Which would be better? TIA.

Hello, we had a similar decision to make for our trip in September 2012. We looked closely at staying in the cabins, but wound up getting two standard rooms at WL. It worked out great for us since we ended up with connecting rooms, which meant we all had private space when we wanted it but we could open up the doors and have a lot of room. For our family, everybody enjoyed having more private space than the cabins would have allowed.

We haven't done them, but the cabins are a unique experience. It is nice to not have any neighbors in the same building, and to have a porch and the woods right outside. We would love to do it sometime, but for our trip we preferred having regular rooms at WL. We still went over and visited FW.

My parents loved WL, and the transportation options made it as easy as possible on them. Right from the lobby there are buses to each park, and the boats to MK and the CR were fun too. At FW you will likely need to ride an internal bus first to get to either boats or park buses. Either way, you should have a great trip to the woods. :thumbsup2

You'll want to think out the sleeping arrangements in the cabin, since it's only 1 bedroom. Would you put the grandparents in the bedroom, then you and DD (anyone else?) in the living room? But if DD goes to bed early that might not work well. If you take the bedroom, DD can go to sleep early without impacting the rest of you, but will the grands be comfortable in the less private living room?

Enjoy your vacation!

We haven't stayed at WL but, my grandmother LOVED the cabins. It is her favorite place at WDW. She is seventy years old and she slept out in the living room and my children and I took the bedroom. There is so much to do at that resort that its a vacation in itself. She liked the space that the cabin had to offer. She would get up make her coffee and then sit on the couch and watch tv. It was also nice not to have to haul all of our luggage all over the place. If you do go I would suggest renting a golf cart. They have a bus transportation that is strictly for the park but, you can really come and go as you please with the cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter