• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL or BWInn???

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi,

We have just came back from a superb vacation, in which we spent one magnificent week at The Wilderness Lodge. We loved everything about the resort and would not hesitate to go back in the future.

We have already booked our 2004 WDW vacation and are having 5 Nights GF and 4 Nights BWInn before a 3 night Disney Cruise (and staying at HRH, USF) . We don't want to change from the GF, but should we consider changing our reservation from Boardwalk Inn to Wilderness Lodge??

We have never stayed at The Boardwalk Inn before so if we did choose to stay there it would be 'all new' to us. However we loved our past stay at The WL, so should we change our reservation and stay there again, our should we stick with the Boardwalk Inn and try it out? We don't want to 'split' our vacation up any more, so it would have to be one or the other.

We can't decide!

Thanks for your help!!

Richard :)

We just returned from a trip where we spent the first 3 days at the Boardwalk and the next 3 days at the WL. We loved them both, and had never stayed at WL, but stayed at the BWI in August. I don't think you could go wrong staying at either, but I would suggest you try the BWI. We love the resort itself, and it might be nice to spend some time at an EPCOT resort with such easy access to MGM and EPCOT, while also having a few nights at the GF and being at a MK resort.

I'd give BWI a try. My DW and I love WL also, but on our last trip we stayed at the BC. We were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed this incredibly magical trip. We also realized that we should try other resorts. Change can be fun.

Since you have already stayed at the WL, why not try something different? We love the decor of the BWInn, not to mention the convenience to 2 major theme parks, the Boardwalk entertainment venue, great restaurants, and miniature golf. We find this resort to have an air of whimsy mixed with sophistocation.

I think the pairing of GF and BWI is a wonderful mix... have a great time!

Absolutely stay w/the BWI! Staying at an Epcot resort and a MK resort are 2 different vacations. You'll have the best of both worlds when you do this! I'm so jealous - and a Disney Cruise to boot! We've stayed at the BWI the past couple of years and are now returning to the MK resorts this summer - our kids want a change of scenery. The BWI is awesome- the restaurants in that area are terrific (Yachtman's Steakhouse, Cape May Cafe, Flying Fish, to name a few) and you can walk to both Epcot and MGM. Also, you are centrally located to the water parks, AK, and the MK. The nighttime entertainment at the BWI is really fun, too!

Will you have a car? If so, keep in mind that you may have trouble finding a parking place in the BWI lot from the late afternoon through the end of Illuminations. Unfortunately, there are many people who park in the Boardwalk lots to go to EPCOT. Wish it wasn't allowed, because it does make parking a challenge for those staying at the BWI or BWV.

That said, the BWI/BWV is a wonderful location and a great place to stay, especially if EPCOT and MGM are your favorite parks! We love it!

Enjoy your trip, not matter where you stay!

You can valet park at BWI if you're having that hard of a time finding a spot. We've been to both and love both but I'd do BW if I were you just for something different.

Originally posted by Boo Mc
You can valet park at BWI if you're having that hard of a time finding a spot. We've been to both and love both but I'd do BW if I were you just for something different.

Yes, you can valet park. However, that costs $6/day plus tips. Self-parking is free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter