WL King Bed Rooms with Tubs...Which Room Category? I need you 999ghsts!

ubetiski

<font color=green><font color=blue>Pray for Snow!<
I have searched these boards all night and have answered most of my questions about the king bed rooms at WL. Now I need your help. My husband and I are planning to stay at WL for at least a week around Christmas time. It is just the two of us going for the romantic vacation so we really want to request a king bed...but I absolutely cannot live without a bathtub. Sounds a little weird but I get really bad razor burn if I shave in the shower and there will be no waxing thank you (Sorry guys....I am sure you are thrilled to hear this). Anyway, I have read that there are at least 4 king bed rooms with the tubs in the lobby section. My hubby has allergies so we would need a non-smoking room as well. I have already read that there are at least 3 of these non-smoking king bed tub rooms. I have also read that there are some additional king bed tub rooms in the wings. What I need to know is which room category I need to book. I was planning on booking woods view but I will gladly upgrade to the courtyard view if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

999ghsts ....are you out there? I know you can help!

We were lucky enough to get exactly the room you are looking for, just a few weeks ago. It was 4075. A king bed, non-smoking, courtyard view with a tub. We had the perfect view, both to outside and to the lobby. We had two bellmen tell us it was their favorite room in the whole resort. We couldn't have asked for a better location or room.

Christmas is a very popular time at the WL. I don't believe what you are asking for is something that can be guaranteed. If there aren't very many rooms that meet the criteria, your chances of getting what you want are not very good. Since you are willing to upgrade to get what you want, I would like to suggest that you consider a 1- bedroom unit (at VWL). ALL of the 1 bedrooms have a king-sized bed and a jacuzzi tub. The tub is oversized and in a totally separate room from the shower. You'd also have a kitchen and living room plus a washer and dryer right in the room. I think it would be a great place for a romantic vacation.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

We also got a room like you describe: king, non-smoking with tub, courtyard view - 4037, great room, close to the elevator to Roaring Forks.

On a related note, how many rooms in general have tubs vs shower only. Our daughters may not put up with showers for the week that we are there, what assurances can be made regarding this. How is the selection, the same or different, at other disney resorts?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys are the best!. A special thank you to 999ghsts.

One last question. Should we switch our ressies to courtyard view? Or should we just make a request for our preferences and hope for an upgrade? It seems unlikely that we would be lucky enough to get the one wood view room with a king bed and a tub. I never expect an upgrade but hey, ya never know.

Call the WL and ask if they have a honeymoon suite available. These are not true "suites", but are 4 oversized rooms on the top floor overlooking the lobey. They have a king bed and a very large marble jetted tub. These are great rooms. I stayed in one for 9 nights for my honeymoon. They must be requested over the phone and make sure you ask for the honeymoon suites. enjoy.

I think the honeymoon suite suggestion is a great one - I also think you should consider a 1B at VWL. Those rooms are absolutely out of this world. :D

Are the suites more expensive? I have a courtyard room booked, do I need to change my reservation to get one?
Thanks

If you call CRO, they will probably quote you a higher price on the suites. But you could probably get VWL fairly cheaply here if you went to the DVC board and looked into renting points. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter