WL club level vs. BC club level

Mom2Kids2003

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are heading to Disney for an adult only trip and currently have Wilderness CL booked; however, I can get Beach Club CL for a small price difference. We've only stayed at BWI club level, so looking for some opinions on which one would be better out of WL and BC. I was leaning towards BC because I know they just refurbished the CL lounge. Thanks for your help!

The two lounges are as different as the two resorts are. The Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club has a little smaller selection of food but and much bigger and better lounge area. The WL lounge overlooks the gorgeous lobby. It has many tables and seating areas. It also has two small balconies which you can go out on for a partially obstructed view of the MK fireworks. They pipe the music from the fireworks on these balconies.

The food at the WL lounge is a little different than BC. They will put out a big pan of something like Shepard's Pie for dinner. And there will be a delicious cobbler for dessert. They also have other dishes and desserts, but I think that the desserts here are a clear winner over the BC. They also have beer on tap at the WL lounge. The other food items are comparable.

The one thing I don't like at the WL is that the club floor rooms have the deep dormer balconies, and you have to stand to look over the sides. I really don't like those rooms. Fortunately, we have been able to book a regular room and add on club access to it. That way we can have a normal, open balcony and still enjoy the lounge.

The Beach Club lounge is really nice, too. I like the ice cream freezer. The other desserts are a little boring, though. Many of them are the same ones they serve at Cape May for dinner. The lounge area is okay, but I do like the BC rooms better. I haven't been to the BWI lounge but I would guess that it would be a similar experience.

Last edited:
Personally, in general, BC is an, overall, better resort than WL - you will get a bigger room and better access to two parks. I've enjoyed both club levels (and I do love that with WL CL standard, you typically get a nice view of the fireworks), but if BC is only a little bit more, I would take that over WL any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter