Wk of Sep 21 - WISH Walking/Running Club

mkymsehi

I'd rather be at Disneyland!
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

9/21/08

Hi everyone! I didn't get a run in today, but I did a little shopping. I got myself a belt for water and some new clothes to run in and, most importantly, a new sports bra! I'll go out for a run tomorrow afternoon when DBF is watching the games.

Evening Wishers.

Is anyone besides me excited about the ToT vacation coming up next month? I so need a Disney trip with lots of food, drink and friends. Great way to recharge the old mental batteries.

Impatient Panda

Evening Wishers.

Is anyone besides me excited about the ToT vacation coming up next month? I so need a Disney trip with lots of food, drink and friends. Great way to recharge the old mental batteries.

Impatient Panda

Dave,

Stay away from those White Castle Sliders and fries. :laughing:

Evening Wishers.

Impatient Panda

Ahhh, I wish we were going then but we'll be gone before ToT. At least we're going and I'm doing Race For the Taste....AND lots of food and wine.:rotfl:
Sept. 21 ------ I'm 55 today!!! Wahoo!

Ahhh, I wish we were going then but we'll be gone before ToT. At least we're going and I'm doing Race For the Taste....AND lots of food and wine.:rotfl:

Happy Birthday! :cheer2::bday:

Happy Birthday!!

I wish I was headed down for the 13k, but I did get to do the Disneyland Half so I won't complain.

As for me I got in 11 Miles yesterday (10 running 1 walking) and got another 4 miles in today. First back to back for the Goofy so I'm a little sore. :rolleyes1

Happy Birthday!:flower3:

I hope to see you at the PFTS and Race for the Taste.

Today is house cleaning day. (Does that count as cross training?)

Surprisingly I am not sore after my run yesteday. I would have bet I would be!

We are suppose to leave on a Disney Cruise Thursday.... And now there's a storm in the tropics. Better go buy a few books!

Hope everyone has a good week!

Happy Birthday, SamSam!! Enjoy RFFT. I was eyeballing that awhile ago, but could never be ready to do a 10k by then (well, that plus it would be my 3rd Disney vacation this year and DH wouldn't find that amusing!)

Did my first 5k today (2nd race overall)--not a big deal to you vets, but given my poor "Summer of not-running", it was a mental boost for me. Finished in 27:28 (where the heck did THAT come frome?!) which is mind boggling to me since I don't run that fast.

Off now to walk the dog, go grocery shopping and watch/not watch the Lions lose!

Maura

:bday: party: Happy Birthday!!!

I rode 14.1 miles on Friday, then ran 5 miles yesterday. I'm registered for a duathlon in 2 weeks, but soooo not ready for it. I've discovered I'm a slow biker so I'm not sure they'll keep the du course open long enough for me to finish everything ;)

Good luck to everyone in Philly this morning! Can't wait to read the race reports!

Happy Birthday, you are just now getting into the good years. My blog entry today is about getting back in touch with your inner child.

http://pandaendurance.blogspot.com/

I'm almost 2 years older than you, I'll turn 57 next month but I'm much younger than I was when I turned 50.

We have to do the race for the taste sometime.

Walking Panda:hippie:

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to wish my Minnie transportation Friend SamSam Sharon a very

:cheer2: :banana: :cake: party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! party: :cake: :banana: :cheer2:

:jumping1: :bday: :jumping1:

Hope you have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!

Did alittle 7 miler this morning. About 81degrees and definately had pinky pistols today!!

So Happy my 'Canes beat the Aggies last night!!!
Waiting for Nascar to start.

I'll be at the F&W but not during the RFTT or the ToT, just could get those weekends off so I'll be there the weekend of the 17th. I will be doing the Richard Petty Drive along experience at the track at the TTC on Friday. Can't wait!! I got that as a Christmas gift, so should be fun.

ANybody else on Facebook?? Jeff (mkymsehi), Marcia (Mushu), Michelle (MiaBanda), Casey (Caseydilla?) and I are on it and have traded around WISH Flair buttons. Anybody else??

Have a great Sunday everyone and those doing races GOOD LUCK and tell us all about it!!!

Racey Tracy

Thanks everyone. I'm impressed by all the running you are all doing. Myself, I plan on going out in a bit to do 6 miles (walking). I'm hoping that since I have been training continually that the fact that I'll be at WDW for 11 days (probably not working out much) before the RFTT, won't be too much of a problem. I'm certainly not trying to set any records, just plan on having fun. :goodvibes

Carol,I think housecleaning should count! I'll look for you at both the Party and the Race.
Tracy, the driving experience sounds awesome.

Happy Birthday SamSam!!

Getting excited for the Expedition Everest Challenge next weekend. Had to cancel my TOT weekend (I am crying because I really really really wanted to stay at BC and do the TOT race) I just can't afford it and also didn't realize I have a 1/2 marathon the weekend after so it probably isn't the best idea to do both and I NEED to do the 1/2.

Yesterday I got out and did 10 miles again. I definately need to try gu or a gels because my stomach was not so good again yesterday. I managed to get out of the house and to the running store early enough to make it with the 5:30AM group but I didn't end up even drinking my normal cup of coffee.

So I as I said earlier I am really excited to be going to WDW next weekend - yeah so excited that I ended up adding a day on the beginning of the trip and a day after so now we are staying 4 nights!! I figured while we are already up there might as well get a good park visit out of it. I hope I will be able to get my runs in during the week but I think I might be too excited planning my trip!!

Tricia, Have fun at Disney and please let us know what you think of Expedition Everest. It sounded really fun, we just couldn't add even more days to our trip!

AlohaJeff, thanks for starting the thread this week....

SamSam
, Happy Birthday! Hope it's magical! :wizard:

mla1977
, I think shopping might be cross-training... ;) Good job setting aside time to get those steps in!

Hi, Panda! I so wish I could go to the ToT (or RFTT) (or F&W) but DH says NO to any further trips this year.... :( Bask in the Disney of it all for me, too!

GoofyinOhio
, I hear you on wishing you could get to WDW. But I'll see you in January! Nice work with that Goofy workout!

Maura
, DH has also put me on Mickey Restriction. And this time, he says he means it. So, no food and wine this year. But you'll be there in January, right? :)

CarolA, PD for good Disney Cruise weather! Have a superfun time!

Mel, Hi! I'm sure you'll do great at your duathlon--you're powered by WISH!

RaceyTracy
, hi! I so wish we could get down for F&W this year somehow. I think he really isn't going to give in on this one. :( But have fun for us! And let us know how you enjoy that Richard Petty Experience!

TnTsParty, have fun at WDW! I use vanilla bean gu. I bought several different brands and flavors and stuff and used them on relatively shorter outings (2-3 miles) near my house in case they upset my stomach, and the gus are the ones I like best. :) I also do sport beans, but they take me awhile to chew and swallow.

DH and I have been taking walks. Yesterday morning, we got in almost 2.5 miles in 40 minutes, then went to the farm to pickup our CSA. We stopped at a festival later that afternoon and parked over 1/2 a mile from the festival grounds, plus walked the festival, so we got in some more miles there. And last night, we went to the mall where DH had me walk to the furthest end of the mall and back, easily adding another half mile to the day's total. Except, as I was at the festival, I was in HEELS and not walking shoes (although they were Rockports...). We got up early and picked apples this morning. 44 pounds of apples, actually.
IMG_3798-1.jpg

IMG_3845-1.jpg

Fun Panda, what a wonderful blog. It took me most of my life to find my inner child. Even as a child I was trying to be 'grown up', as a young mother I though I needed to be really 'grown up' and was almost matronly (even in my twenties). As I hit my forties I finally started to realize that I could get in touch with my inner child, have fun AND still be an adult. When I hit 50, I started having even more fun, enjoying my life even more and felt like I was really finally becoming the real me. Fifty plus and loving it!

Panda, Wish I was gearing up for the ToT 13k, but sadly classes prevent it.
SamSam, Happy Birthday!
Tracy, I'm on facebook, but I don't do flair.

As for me, Today I got in 6.25 miles (do to my confusion it was probably more like 6.33) in 57 minutes (so roughly a 9:10 pace). I changed routes and it was hillier than I expected but it was a good workout. It was also my first ever run with gels. OMG the chocolate GU tastes just like pudding!!! And I love my hydration pack.

Anyone want to help predict my 10k pace?

Best,
Jennifer

Hi everyone!

Duckie: 44 lbs of apples? Oh my! What are you doing with them? Apple pie, apple dumplings, apple sauce, apple bread.....we have a wonderful orchard here in town. I went with DS's class last week for a field trip. We need to go back though and get some more with the whole family.

I ran today. I downloaded some new tunes before I left. I found a bunch of workout remixes on iTunes. Well I think it helped. I did my regular 3.1 route but made a PR of 36 minutes, down from a usual 38/39 minutes. I was happy!

Have a great week folks! Warm out there today, I want to the cooler weather to come back and stay awhile!

Allyson

PS I'm on Facebook too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter