Witnesses to a July 26, 2023 Pluto encounter needed.

Kblues

Earning My Ears
I am searching for a witness who was present at Epcot Center on July 26th, 2023. Regrettably, the need to bring this matter to the social media platform due to the dismissal of my formal complaint to Disney World.

Here's my story. The incident took place on July 26th (around noon) at the Epcot Center Park in Disney World. I stood in line for a photo opportunity with Pluto, my family (comprising my parents and son who was too scared to meet Pluto) waited for me at a shaded bench nearby. Initially my encounter with Pluto began in an amusing and flirtatious manner. He whimsically fashioned heart shapes with his fingers, adding a playful touch to our interaction. A warm embrace was exchanged, followed by the capture of several photographs. However, as our photo session concluded, Pluto unexpectedly drew me into a second hug, this time his arm was wrapped around me tighter and proceeded to trust his groin up against me.

This unsettling encounter lasted for what felt like an agonizing 5 to 10 seconds. My initial reaction was sheer panic, my only instinct was to pat Pluto on his back and say "okay, okay." After this encounter I found myself in a state of shock. I glanced up at the photographers, only to be met with their silent, unspoken acknowledgment of the awkwardness that had just transpired. I was embarrassed and looked down only to see my magic band, I quickly remembered that I needed to give it to the photographers. As I was walking out, an observant lady stopped me, having witnessed the entire ordeal. She candidly remarked on the inappropriateness of my encounter with Pluto, and I could do nothing but share in her mortification.

I made a deliberate choice to remain silent about the incident during our entire trip, primarily to avoid distressing my parents who had so surprised my son and me with this vacation. Upon returning home, I decided to take action and send a letter to Disney. Disney's initial response was prompt, I received an email and a phone call. They conducted an initial interview, and it was explained to me that a comprehensive investigation would take place. Several weeks later I received the disheartening news that my case was being closed due to an inability to substantiate my claims, as I was informed that I did not prove my “civil case.” The Disney representative said I needed to prove what his intentions were. This decision left me profoundly disheartened, and one of the last remarks from the Disney representative emphasized that employment-related decisions cannot be based solely on a written complaint. However, the representative did suggest a course of action that led me to reach out to the Orange County police department. In this conversation with an officer, I was informed about the possibility of filing a battery charge. Additionally, the officer provided strategic counsel, stating that making my ordeal public, sharing my story on social media, and seeking out witnesses would be instrumental in capturing Disney's attention and pursuing justice.

That day, I endured a violation at the hands of a Disney employee. Regrettably, Disney has thus far failed to acknowledge the gravity of the situation, leaving me feeling unheard and dismissed. My fear now stems not only from the incident itself but also the possibility of being ridiculed as I share my story on social media. Ideally, I would have preferred to resolve this as a private matter, but circumstances have compelled me to take a different path. It is deeply unsettling to know that the responsible employee continues to work for Disney. This is not okay, and I refuse to remain silent any longer.

If you were there or knows someone who was there and saw this take place, please respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter