• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With Magical Express going away, how are you getting to WDW in 2022?

So is Mears connect a bus like magical express? We like not having to bring car seats like we’d need for Uber or town car services

So is Mears connect a bus like magical express? We like not having to bring car seats like we’d need for Uber or town car services

Per their FAQ they don't guarantee vehicle type. When I contacted them in September they said "Note, guests may be transferred in a motor coach, shuttle van or small vehicle. This all depends on arrival time and volume "

Also direct services is not necessarily private service.

As above, it may or may not be a bus. I think that guests arriving during the day, when there are enough to fill a bus, will be transported by bus. Those arriving very early in the morning or very late at night, when there aren’t many going in the same direction, are more likely to be transported in something smaller. FYI MC will provide service to all the hotels near WDW, not just the Disney hotels, so a given bus load might go to a larger number of hotels than DME does. Until MC starts running, a lot of details will be unknown. We were planning to use MC in January, but our departing flight ended up being so early in the AM that we decided to use a limo service instead.

Through the DIS I was recommended Tiffany Towncar. I'm getting private roundtrip transportation for all of us for less than the cost of Mears Connect, no waiting around for other riders.

I'm still deciding. We'd prefer to not rent just to have the car sit for a week but I have one kid who needs a 5 point restraint.

Since a rental would set us back about 400 to 500, anything less than that is fair game.

I think most ride services have car seats available. I'm booking with Tiffany Towncar and notified them that we'd need a 5 point restraint for one of our group and they added it on with no issue.
How many people are you traveling with?

For those that use Uber and fly Jetblue...resort to airport, where do they drop off? We just finished using ME 2 weeks ago, and the walk to check in luggage for JB was ridiculous. Does Uber drop you off closer to departures, please tell me its no where near the ME drop-off?

For those that use Uber and fly Jetblue...resort to airport, where do they drop off? We just finished using ME 2 weeks ago, and the walk to check in luggage for JB was ridiculous. Does Uber drop you off closer to departures, please tell me its no where near the ME drop-off?
Uber will drop you off right at the entrance for your airline.

We'll probably use Mears. I like a private towncar but I have 3 kids and 2 are in car seats so that's a pain to deal with those.

Rental car is the plan for our 03/22 trip. We'll see after that.

I think most ride services have car seats available. I'm booking with Tiffany Towncar and notified them that we'd need a 5 point restraint for one of our group and they added it on with no issue.
How many people are you traveling with?

We have 2 adults, a booster kid and a 5 point...for a week. with golf clubs.

I will probably Lyft but this is also making me consider driving down from GA. It would take much longer (I only have electric cars so that's probably 2 stops to recharge) but the benefit is staying at the home resort (AKV) we now control our timing of driving around.

We have three adults traveling in January, with one flying in and out at different times than the other two. It appears that Mears Connect would be a no-brainer for all of us pricewise, compared to rideshare and private services. Rideshare might be faster, but I'm not sure about that either.

Uber/Lyft is so easy and cost-effective if you don't want to rent a car.

If you happen to arrive or depart at a peak time, it will cost a bit more and there can be a wait for a driver. Since the Great Covid Payoff ended and most drivers are back out on the road, I can't imagine it being longer than 20 minutes.

We are trying out Mears for our Jan/Feb trip. Our only slight annoyance is we have a booster seat kid, but the Mears cost came to $123 round trip for 4 people. Price was much better than what Uber and Lyft or any private car service was quoting me. We like to stay “in the bubble” so no need for our own car. I have to admit getting our own bags from baggage claim now seems very sad, but first world problems lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter