With less then a month to go, I do think its important to Thank

Thanks everyone for giving their free time and all the work that you have done to help pull all this together.

I don't think that anyone could possibly appreciate all the hard work and all the time that it takes to get all the things that you each of you had to do to get all this done.

Ray :)

May i add my thanks, too - to everyone who has had a hand in getting this together and putting this event on. Let's not forget Pete - who got us all together in the first place!

I have met some very wonderful people in person at mini-meets, and on line. This is a most wonderful community, and I can't help but think that Walt would be tickled to join us and be proud of what we're doing.

I, too, would like to add my thanks and appreciation to all of you organizers who have taken the time to help bring us together for such a fun event. I know that I am really looking forward to seeing all of my new friends again!

Awesome group. Thanks folks!

Is there any chance we can know who was on the committee so that we can thank them as well???

Karen

Thanks so much everyone for all your hard work!!! I really appreciate it and am looking forward to meeting you all!!! :wave: :sunny:

A big heartfelt thankyou to everyone who has worked to make this a memorable event for all of us. I know this is a big undertaking - and I appreciate all that you are doing for us.

THANK YOU!!!

Let me add my thanks here -- I know what CC and Marsha have been doing to get this event off of the ground, and also know what other responsibilities they both hold outside of the DIS.....so believe me when I tell you that these ladies have worked their tails off and deserve every compliment given here! :)

OkieDisney: I can tell you that several members of the planning committee have seen this thread - all the kind words of thanks have been seen and appreciated, of that I'm certain. :)

Can't wait for DIS Con! Yahoooooooooo

Well how did I miss this post. I can't pass up the opportunity to say thanks as well to Cathy and Marsha and everyone else in teh background that has helped make this happen.

I'm so glad to be coming all the way over from the UK to attend this and to meet so many new people - so thanks again :):):Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :):)

I agree that our committee should be recognized as well. They will be introduced at the Welcome Reception (just warning you, don't plan a potty break at that time!) ;)

Corey Martin (graphic designer extraordinaire)
Bob Varley (aka WebmasterBob aka wilderness aka Secret Agent Bob, think he has an identity problem?) ;)
Joe McNiff aka Zarr (or is the other way around?)
Disneymad aka Crazy Penny (I added the crazy part and if you've met her, you'll know why!)
PatrickIL (who will do anything asked of him, I just love that man!)
nativetxn (our sweet "no she is NOT a gray-haired grandmother-type" helper)

and Brisully isn't an official committee member, but he has some very neat surprises for y'all!

Thanks to Barb for planning the mini-meets (I hope you still have some hair left after that, Barb!), PatinMN for his wonderful itinerary and Ray Sharpton for all of the time and effort he put into his info thread (twice, after losing it the first time! :()
Special thanks to a special police officer friend of mine for helping keeping me sane (although that could be questionnable!) through the rough spots! :teeth:

And a huge thanks to Mahsha who keeps an eye on this board and helps you with your questions, and is the best co-planner I could have had!

And last but not least, thank YOU, the people who are coming! I hope we can give you at least as great a time as last year and I sincerely thank you for your patience when I wasn't able to get answers to you right away!! I am looking forward to meeting (or re-meeting) each and every one of you!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Cathy

Thanks Thanks Thanks - you have been very patient with us.

Though not 'official' this year, I am looking forward, as always, to meeting lots of DIS folks at this happy little place known as the World in a few weeks, and sharing some great times with some great people. And with so many DIS folks being brought together at one time, I'll also thank the background folks for the work done to make the 'official' part come off, knowing well (having done a few events/meetings over the years) the work necessary for an event of any type like this to come off nicely. DIS-Con, 2001, and its planners, laid the groundwork and set the initial benchmark last year, I am sure DIS-Con, 2002 will set another. Thanks all.

Dan :sunny:

Thank you to all who have put so much time and energy into this convention. You all deserve a standing ovation. I am sure this years "official" will be even better than last year!!! You guys rock :)

Thank you :)

I just wanted to step back in here again and thank my co-mods here on this very active board.. Beanie, until she had to step down, helped me immensely here and of course Kath, what would I do without her..she is always there for me.. and the incredible committee.. I love you guys.. and CC.. she is just the best..you have no idea the time and effort she has put in on this.. I do.. and I cannot thank her enough.. Hugs to us all as we go forward with the official DisCon2, a Gathering of Friends.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter