with LAPLAPL you need to dress up 5 (five) times for dinner!!

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Oh my God! Has anyone made a chart for dressing up for the 3 dinner rotations? I think I knew this in my head but was putting it off.
LAPLAPL
Sat - L (dress up for this restaurant)
Sun - A (formal night so dress up)
Mon - P
Tues - L (dress up again)
Wed - A
Thurs - P (semiformal night so dress up)
Fri - L (dress up again)

APLAPLA
Sat - A
Sun - P (formal night)
Mon - L (dress up for this restaurant)
Tues - A
Wed - P
Thurs - L (semiformal night & dress up for this restaurant)
Fri - A

I guess it's how you define "dress".

If we weren't dressing formally for the formal nights, I wore a tie and coat, or suit, DW always wore a dress or skirt to dinner.

C'mon, where is the third rotation, and how about adding a Palo dinner and a Palo brunch and a Palo high tea. Just how big ARE the closets. ROTFLOL

Carla

You are almost right - that is the same seating we had last week except for the first night they allow all restaurants to be casual - even Lumieres as some folks don't get their luggage on time.

Heres how it went for us:

Sat at Lumieres - casual
Sun formal night at AP - dress - kids stayed in and had room service so they didn't need to dress up
Monday - PC - casual but we went to Palo's so had to dress
Tuesday - Lumieres - tropical night so casual
Wednesday - AP - casual
Thursday - Captains dinner in Parrot Cay so formal - but not as formal as Sunday
Friday - Lumieres so dressy

If you want to keep the dress up at a minimal then book Palos same night as a Lumiers or formal night

We also had Lumiers on the first night, but they told us everyone was casual on the first night....

I tried posting a reply to my original thread last night but the DIS always had too many users -
third rotation is plaplap
Sat - P
Sun - L (formal night)
Mon - A
Tues - P
Wed - L (dress for this restaurant)
Thurs - A (semi-formal)
Fri- P

On the 3 rotations when is AP show?
When would be best for Palos?

The regular dining room nights are Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. The other nights are "theme nights" and the same in all three dining rooms.

So, if you have the APLAPLA rotation the AP show is on Saturday. If you have PLAPLAP the show is on Monday. With LAPLAPL it is on Wednesday.

Unless we get the LAPLAPL rotation we will book Palo for Tuesday night. If we LAPLAPL we will probably go Saturday night.

Michele

LAPLAPL - the first night in A is sunday a formal night --- so the show is the second night in A which is wednesday.

APLAPLA - The first night in A (saturday) is the show night.

PLAPLAP - The first night in A (monday) is the show night.

dinner rotation and I only wore a coat and tie once and that was the second night for the Captains Party. We had Palo on Tue and Fri night, went in my finest Hawaiian shirt and dress khakis and wasn't underdressed at any time. Granted there were those in tuxes and some wore dark suits for either formal nights or Palo, but they certainly aren't required. I packed about right, but wife had enough for a two week cruise for herself and kids.

We have always gotten the LAPLAPL rotation. It has the least amount of children - rotation 3. Rotation 1 has the youngest children and rotation 2 has the older children. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. Actually DH and I would be upset if we didn't get LAPLAPL. He does one tux for both nights but changes the tie and vest - dry cleaning in between if necessary. Then 2 suits - which can each be worn twice with a clean shirt each night. We actually book Palo's on Carribbean night so we can dress up - we have no island clothes.

In January, we had the LAPLAPL rotation at early dinner.

Saturday, the first night was casual in all restaurants.

Friday, the last evening, was in Lumiere's. Many people did not observe the 'Jacket recommended' phrase, I did. In fact, I noticed a few people that wore jeans to dinner, but they were in isolated cases.

We were on our way to Beat Street Friday evening after we packed and set our luggage out and walked past Lumiere's with the late seating. It was pretty much the same. There were a few men in jacket and tie, a lot more in dress shirt and tie, and many more in casual.

I traded Tropical Night at Parrot Cay for Palo's so I made another Jacket and Tie night for us, but it was our wedding anniversary and worth the trouble.

Is there any way once you get ypour dinner rotation that it can be changed? My thought is to go for the PLAPLAP rotation, and on Sunday do Palo's instead of Lumiere's, and since it's on formal night, that's one less outfit to bring! Plus, Parrot Cay seems to have the best menu for my tastes.

Also, isn't there a tropical night too? Does the tropical clothing apply for all the restaurants that day too?

Hi Folks:wave:
I think I saw somewhere that if you have the APLAPLA Rotation, your show will NOT be the first night on board (saturday), but you will have it on Tuesday. You may want to check this but I am pretty sure this is only for this rotation. Other rotations have the AP show on the first night which is Monday for PLAPLAP, and Sunday for LAPLAPL. AP Show discussion Disney Cruise LineAP show Saturday/Tuesday?

I also think the Formal/Semi-Formal nights on the WESTERN have been changes to Tuesday/Thursday?

4/2/02

Thank you for your e-mail. Currently, the Themed Dining information (Western) is as follows:

Themed Dining

Night 4 - Tuesday Master Chef Series ("semi-formal night" e.g. Men - Jacket and tie, suit Women - Cocktail dress, floor-length gown, dress/pant suit). On this evening, a Captain's Welcome Aboard Gala is held in the atrium lobby and dinner features the Master Chef Series which showcases some of the best culinary
offerings from Disney, including Disney Cruise Line and WALT DISNEY WORLD® .

Night 5 - Wednesday (night for guests to dress up in their colorful island attire - flowered shirts, muu muus) Guests will have a "MEXICALifragilisticexpialidocious!" dining experience. The menu for the three main dining rooms will focus on the rich heritage of the islands of the world (not just the Caribbean)

Night 6 - Thursday ("formal night" -resort elegant, cocktail, black tie optional). For this special evening there is a Captain's Gala Dinner featuring a French Continental menu.

Note: The Captain's Welcome Aboard Gala is held prior to both dining times.

Night 7 - Friday
Guests dining experience is themed around "It's A Small World".
The menu for the three main dining rooms features classic, international foods, tastily prepared with the best ingredients.
A salute to the diversity of the Disney family. A special dinner allows the executive chef, chefs de cuisine, sous chefs, pastry
chefs and the rest of the culinary team to showcase some of the favorite dishes from all of the countries represented within Disney. Dining rooms will have a multi-national decor
Crew "farewell" event

Dessert Buffet: On night 3- Monday, there is a Mickey's Gala Dessert Buffet in Lumiere's, Items may include chocolate cakes, fruit cakes, fruit mousse, petit fours, crepe's, ice cream and pastry display items.

NOTE: All items are subject to change and are not offered on every cruise.

We look forward to the chance to sail with you.

Sincerely,

Tracey, Guest Communications

I can NEVER go on a 7 night cruise because this is all just too confusing!!

Can't you just alternate beteween the long black dress and the short black dress?? :D

We got zinged on the inaugural 7-day cruise by this rotation. We were chastized by our servers on the first night for not being dressed a little more formally. As mentioned earlier, this is no longer a "requirement" and it is clearly stated in the navigator that first night is casual. On Wednesday night, I came to dinner dressed wrong again. It was tropical night. And there I was in a suit and tie.

So don't despair. Even with LAPLAPL rotation, you don't have to dress formally 5 times. You get Saturday and Wednesday nights off. We finally got it right on our 2nd 7-day cruise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter