Wishes Wedding at Italy Isola in November

AshleyM202

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! I need your opinions....I'm getting married on November 12th at the DWP at 5PM with our reception at Italy Isola starting at 6PM and fireworks at 9PM. As we are getting closer to the wedding I'm starting to get cold feet about our reception location :eek: I'm worried a bit about the elements...will it be too cold? What about bugs? Will it rain? (our backup site is the China Pavilion which I'm not really thrilled about either and I hate to be spending the money we are and be at a site we don't really love)

When we had our site visit I fell in love...and during our planning session we weren't allowed to see the site again...so now I'm starting to doubt our decision....so here is my question....Am I worrying over nothing or should I consider moving my reception indoors?

Thanks for the help!

Hi guys! I need your opinions....I'm getting married on November 12th at the DWP at 5PM with our reception at Italy Isola starting at 6PM and fireworks at 9PM. As we are getting closer to the wedding I'm starting to get cold feet about our reception location :eek: I'm worried a bit about the elements...will it be too cold? What about bugs? Will it rain? (our backup site is the China Pavilion which I'm not really thrilled about either and I hate to be spending the money we are and be at a site we don't really love)

When we had our site visit I fell in love...and during our planning session we weren't allowed to see the site again...so now I'm starting to doubt our decision....so here is my question....Am I worrying over nothing or should I consider moving my reception indoors?

Thanks for the help!

weather - where are you from? November wouldn't be 'cold' by any means...and bugs,...that is a concern with any outdoor wedding - I have YET to hear a complaint on the disboards about bugs at a reception (and I'm a boards stalker!) . Rain in Florida in November I am not familiar with (I am used to going in May June or July) - when I go normally it rains in the afternoons and clears out. IMO I would pick a location that has a back up you like just as much!

if you LOVE it, then ask about other back up options. Tell the planner you HATE china pavilion, see what they say are your options. If you absolutely hate the back up then I would think about other locations, like Morocco, UK or France (don't know your guest count), but express this concern to your planner and they will give you all your possible options! (im sure the very educated Lurkyloo will join in here and help you out, she's very knowledgeable on DFTW's).
:hippie:

(in all, you most likely won't have an issue the day of - but to relieve your stresses, get a great back up!)

weather - where are you from? November wouldn't be 'cold' by any means...and bugs,...that is a concern with any outdoor wedding - I have YET to hear a complaint on the disboards about bugs at a reception (and I'm a boards stalker!) . Rain in Florida in November I am not familiar with (I am used to going in May June or July) - when I go normally it rains in the afternoons and clears out. IMO I would pick a location that has a back up you like just as much!

if you LOVE it, then ask about other back up options. Tell the planner you HATE china pavilion, see what they say are your options. If you absolutely hate the back up then I would think about other locations, like Morocco, UK or France (don't know your guest count), but express this concern to your planner and they will give you all your possible options! (im sure the very educated Lurkyloo will join in here and help you out, she's very knowledgeable on DFTW's).
:hippie:

What she said! :thumbsup2

There is a season when love bugs are sometimes an issue at WDW, but it's not during November. Odds are, the weather will be gorgeous then!

There is a season when love bugs are sometimes an issue at WDW, but it's not during November. Odds are, the weather will be gorgeous then!

agreed, I think the weather will be fantastic in November! Just check out the average weather info on weatherchannel.com or something! November in Florida is the end of (or right after) hurricane season and it will probably be a lot like the weather in late April. :banana: The only concern you should worry about is your back up if it comes down to that...but you might not even have a problem come wedding day! :cool2:

2 seasons of Love bugs... May (which in Orlando and north this year seemed much lighter than usual) and then again in September. Normally the beginning of the months.

and Hurrican season ends 30th November, but not a really active month)

Thanks for all of your thoughts! I feel so much better! :cool1: I'm from Wisconsin and expecting about 60 people and they were starting to freak me out about an outdoor reception....and then I was roaming the boards and I really didn't see any other weddings at Italy Isola so I started to stress a bit.

Thanks for all of your thoughts! I feel so much better! :cool1: I'm from Wisconsin and expecting about 60 people and they were starting to freak me out about an outdoor reception....and then I was roaming the boards and I really didn't see any other weddings at Italy Isola so I started to stress a bit.

You get to have a reception at Isola for 60? I thought the minimum is 100 or is that for dessert parties? That is super cool! We was originally suppose to have our reception there but it was a 10 am brunch and I thought we would all melt in the heat so we switched to the Attic. I wouldn't switch but maybe see if you can get a different back up location.

I live in Fl pretty close to the World, and November is one of our nicest months of the year. It is cool, but not cold. Not hot and usually not rainy. Love bugs are a problem in the summer. I wouldn't worry. Just get a nice back up in case, but I'm sure you will have a beautiful reception. :thumbsup2

I just heard back from my planner and no other space is available for a back up location besides China. Major bummer. We were planning on using the 'O' table at Italy Isola and I think maybe that table only fits in China? IDK. The China Pavilion is pretty...but just not us. So do I eliminate the 'O' table and get a better back up location or stay the course and hope it doesn't rain? :confused3

I'd stay the course. For one thing, another backup space could open up after the 30-day mark (this happened to us, though we didn't need to use it).

Also, it would be a shame to base all your reception plans on the slim chance that it will rain. According to the Weather Channel, November is among the driest months of the year (but of course we all know there's just no predicting Florida weather! :cutie:).

We had our rehearsal dinner at Italy Isola and it was so pretty. I think your reception will be gorgeous there!:goodvibes

I had my dessert party in Italy Isola. You should be fine but plan on wearing a cape or something for nightime and tell your guest to be prepared for cooler weather. Our day was beautiful and lower 80's, it was freezing at our dessert party and that was in March.

We had our Welcome Dinner at Italy Isola in late January. We had a "cool" night, as it was in the 50s. January is like that. November isn't. I wouldn't worry at all with November.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there! We are getting married on the same day! Nov. 12...10am ceremony SBP...brunch reception in The Attic....and DP in UK Lower.

Love Italy Isola...good pick. I'd take the chance and just ask about changing the back up location.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter