Wishes is now standing room, shoulder to shoulder, only...?

If we can help it, we only watch fireworks from New Fantasyland. It's really breathtaking when the whole sky is lit up with fireworks. We don't care about the projection show.

There really isn't anything you can do if you want a prime viewing spot. Everybody else wants prime viewing spots too.

If you want to avoid crowds, you will need to go the fastpass route, or watch from a less than prime viewing spot. There are some good viewing spots that are not prime center hub or Main Street, but you may miss some aspects of the show (which is designed to be viewed from the hub or Main Street).

I was also confused by "standing room only..." everybody stands for Wishes.

My FP experience was fabulous! Everyone stayed seated and we could all see!!! I understand this is not common place, but it was two Saturdays ago. Now if that light post could have been moved 10 ft to the left it would have been even more magical!! Lesson learned!

Piggybacking off the OP's question: if one wanted to avoid the craziness of MK all together and watch Wishes from a non-park location, what is the best spot? Can you still enjoy the fireworks from the beach at the Poly?

The TTC. Absolutely. It's location is almost straight on, and they pipe in the music.

No tricks! But... my daughter talked me into getting a FP for Wishes and I'll never want to watch Wishes any other way again. It was totally worth it!!! No pushing or shoving or smelling of anyone's deodorant (or worse)!

There I was sipping on a cup of warm coffee and eating my little chocolate cake with sprinkles on top from Pinocchio Village Haus. It was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

I can't remember ever seeing Wishes, fireworks, or even a parade where it wasn't packed like that. Even back to the 80s at Disneyland.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, FP+ is the only way to really enjoy the fireworks without much issue. I would say it's a good thing though, as this way you at least have an option of a somewhat guaranteed good way of viewing them. Before you just had to hope and get there really early.

No tricks! But... my daughter talked me into getting a FP for Wishes and I'll never want to watch Wishes any other way again. It was totally worth it!!! No pushing or shoving or smelling of anyone's deodorant (or worse)!

There I was sipping on a cup of warm coffee and eating my little chocolate cake with sprinkles on top from Pinocchio Village Haus. It was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!
I also used a FP to watch Wishes on my last trip. It was soooo nice! I thought it would be a total waste but it wasn't.

While I kinda hate Wishes (epilepsy + fireworks = bad), I find that the least crowded and best view is in, strangely enough, Fantasyland.

Why, you ask? Because there less people (everyone is in Main Street) less strollers, actual seating (Pinocchio), and a much closer view of the fireworks. My family nearly always watches from around the carousel area.
I agree, as long as you do not care to see the projection show on the front of the castle.

Regardless of where you stand/sit or how early you choose your spot for any spectacular, there's an 80% chance that some entitled nut-job will squeeze their way in at the last minute, stand in front of you, toss their kid on their shoulders, obscuring your view and symbolically peeing in your overly prepared well-planned patch of pixie dust.

When we went to Disney in 2006, I remember watching wishes and crying. It impacted me that much. Yeah, call me a cry baby :flower::flower: Anyway, every visit thereafter, I didn't feel like I was really at Disney until we saw wishes. I just love it! It is a must do for us every time we go.

This past September when we went on an adults only trip, we went to wishes one night. I thought maybe it was a special night, special meaning something major going on. We were herded into an area behind the white lines, CM's with glowstick flashlights yelling at everyone to get off walkways, into the lined area, it was standing room only and we were SQUISHED together like sardines. Lets just say I could smell what kind of deodorant the person on my right was wearing and smell that the person on the left wasn't... seriously, people were banging into each other as they were being forced in, strollers hiting the backs of peoples legs. It really was not an enjoyable experience. I feel that Disney is robbing their guests of the magical thing that Wishes is. Soon we are going with our 5 kids and 2 of them, in the above scenario won't even be able to see wishes at all.

Were we in the wrong area? Is there a better place that you can actually see it without having to get a FP+ for it? We were located right near Caseys corner, in front of it to the right.

Are there tricks to getting a good spot? Thanks!

It's been '9' years!! Like everything else in the world that time span makes a lot of difference in numbers of people going to a place like Disney. Disney is doing everything possible to fill each month up so that there are no longer any 'slower' times to go. I would love for it to be like it was in the 80's - 90's. Have not seen Wishes (fireworks) not crowded in many years.

We don't watch Wishes except 'front' & 'center' like jillions of others!! :D

Forgive my ignorance as I'm planning my first trip to the world but if you get a fastpass for wishes can you still see the parade clearly to? Or do you need a fastpass for both parade and wishes? Also, how early do people start lining up for those areas? Tia!

Forgive my ignorance as I'm planning my first trip to the world but if you get a fastpass for wishes can you still see the parade clearly to? Or do you need a fastpass for both parade and wishes? Also, how early do people start lining up for those areas? Tia!

If you are in the FP area for Wishes on either side that is closest to Main Street (closest view in the Wishes FP area), there will be obstructions including a few rows of people standing plus the passing walkway for people trying to go up/down Main Street during the parade. It is not a great view but I can see the majority of the floats although you don't see much of whats happening on the ground (I'm 6' 2" so my opinion may be different from others).

However, if your main goal is to watch Wishes and Celebrate the Magic with just a passing interest in Main Street Electrical Parade, then the FP for the Wishes area would be the best option. You could stake out a good spot for MSEP and head to the Wishes FP after although winding your way through the madness of the crowds can be difficult.

If you are in the FP area for Wishes on either side that is closest to Main Street (closest view in the Wishes FP area), there will be obstructions including a few rows of people standing plus the passing walkway for people trying to go up/down Main Street during the parade. It is not a great view but I can see the majority of the floats although you don't see much of whats happening on the ground (I'm 6' 2" so my opinion may be different from others).

However, if your main goal is to watch Wishes and Celebrate the Magic with just a passing interest in Main Street Electrical Parade, then the FP for the Wishes area would be the best option. You could stake out a good spot for MSEP and head to the Wishes FP after although winding your way through the madness of the crowds can be difficult.

Ok I'm not 6'2 by any means so a parade view doesn't sound like it's happening. Wishes is the priority just a little disappointed you can't see all 3 some magical place without waiting what I'm presume is hours. is there even such a spot where you could clearly see all 3 without a FP? Thanks for the info :worship:

:P:D

Fair enough. I changed the title to better describe what I meant. And yes, we did sit down twice before. Once behind the castle in fantasy land and once in Front of The plaza at a table. Typically we stand, just not so up close and personal with people.

We used the FP+ area in August and had a fabulous view with no one particularly close to us even though the parks were pretty full. We stood at the back of the FP+ area leaning against the fence we were very comfortable and could see the projection show clearly as well.

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

Do you have a map showing how close you need to be in order to see the castle show? I've never seen it. I've seen wishes MANY times and I'm ok not having a great view. As long as I can hear the music/words. I do like to see Tink fly but again not so important to me.

But the next trip I really want to see the MSEP and the Castle show. If tehre's a handicap area I qualify. I also would get a FP+ if that works for the parade & castle show.

Would sitting on the "B" of "The Hub" be a good spot for MSEP and the castle show?

TIA,
Sherry

Do you have a map showing how close you need to be in order to see the castle show? I've never seen it. I've seen wishes MANY times and I'm ok not having a great view. As long as I can hear the music/words. I do like to see Tink fly but again not so important to me.

But the next trip I really want to see the MSEP and the Castle show. If tehre's a handicap area I qualify. I also would get a FP+ if that works for the parade & castle show.

Would sitting on the "B" of "The Hub" be a good spot for MSEP and the castle show?

TIA,
Sherry
Anywhere that I've shared orange or green in or near the hub will work fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter