Wishes Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party

wisbucky

3 Years until we our Floridians permanently!!
We did the Hallowishes dessert party and was not very impressed. Does anyone know if the Holiday Dessert Party is any different?

We did the Hallowishes dessert party and was not very impressed. Does anyone know if the Holiday Dessert Party is any different?

Hmmm... I have the Holiday Dessert Party booked and am on the fence about keeping. What were the things you didn't like about the Hallowishes one?

It takes up party time and it isn't the best view for the fireworks. The fireworks for the parties are more 360 than traditional wishes, the view is much better from the hub or main street. I would do one for the Christmas party over the Halloween party but I would not do one again having done it before if that makes any sense.

Mouseketeer- We were not pleased when we spent the majority of our party night waiting for the parade and fireworks. We needed to get there earlier in order to get a decent spot. Then the dessert party didn't have much variety in my opinion. For what we paid I was not impressed. The spot we had in the dessert party didn't allow us to see the fireworks very much. The overhang was in the way. We shared a table with a couple we met during the parade. When they handed out the gift they told us it was one per table. We tried to explain we were two different reservations but they wouldn't budge. I just figured if the Holiday Dessert Party was the same way we will cancel.

I think this sort of confirms what I was thinking might be the case now. We'd done the dessert party a number of times back when it still had reserved seating and found it to be worth it because you didn't have to line up early.

Crazy that they allocated the gifts on a per table basis when they don't offer each reservation group a separate table.

I'm probably going to cancel this one.

what gifts did they give out? I was considering this next year but am starting to rethink it with the number of bad reviews i have read for the Halloween one.

With the new price increase they're charging for having a table, I'd pass. It was a hard sell (but somewhat worth it to me and my wife) at $49 a person. Now that there are two levels (one for seating on the terrace and one for reserved spots in what used to be the FP area) at two different (and higher) prices, we pass on any of the dessert parties.

With the new price increase they're charging for having a table, I'd pass. It was a hard sell (but somewhat worth it to me and my wife) at $49 a person. Now that there are two levels (one for seating on the terrace and one for reserved spots in what used to be the FP area) at two different (and higher) prices, we pass on any of the dessert parties.
this is only for the regular dessert parties, not the holiday ones. the holiday ones are only tomorrowland terrace seating.

this is only for the regular dessert parties, not the holiday ones. the holiday ones are only tomorrowland terrace seating.

Good to know! We did the hallowishes party the first time they offered it and I thought they changed both of them. In retrospect, we wasted too much party time going to the dessert party.

Good to know! We did the hallowishes party the first time they offered it and I thought they changed both of them. In retrospect, we wasted too much party time going to the dessert party.
my happy dance thread for first week of december has been following hallowishes reviews closely as many of us have the holiday version booked during our parties but I think we are all planning to cancel. Disappointing. None of us can pull the trigger yet though lol

I have the Holiday wishes party booked for Dec. While I would agree that the view for 360* fireworks is not the best. The value for me is in the reserved parade viewing area. We will head to the dessert party after the parade, but if we think there is a better view to be had from the hub we will probably leave the terrace after having a few treats and watch the fireworks from there.

Edited to add: I already said my "goodbyes" to the $$ spent on this when I booked it several months ago so I'm ok with that part of it. BUT, considering the added cost of MVMCP tix. and then the dessert party, this is turning out to be one expensive night! (Not to mention the obligatory MVMCP merch. that will no doubt find it's way home with us.

I have the Holiday wishes party booked for Dec. While I would agree that the view for 360* fireworks is not the best. The value for me is in the reserved parade viewing area. We will head to the dessert party after the parade, but if we think there is a better view to be had from the hub we will probably leave the terrace after having a few treats and watch the fireworks from there.
I had considered doing that as well. honestly I am not sure where I am with it but I think we are going to meet up and hold seats together on main street... but obviously have not given up the party yet. I saw one party review that said the seats were packed so close together that once you sat down there was no way to get up and out from your table. I guess though if you are not interested in using the table for fireworks viewing you can make sure to get a crappy view at the back that you can get up from easily enough. i am really on the fence though.

the flow might be just fine if we just do parade, go down there for some desserts and then leave and do our own thing (not wasting party time) and come back to the hub for fireworks

I had considered doing that as well. honestly I am not sure where I am with it but I think we are going to meet up and hold seats together on main street... but obviously have not given up the party yet. I saw one party review that said the seats were packed so close together that once you sat down there was no way to get up and out from your table. I guess though if you are not interested in using the table for fireworks viewing you can make sure to get a crappy view at the back that you can get up from easily enough.
Hey Lisa! Have to say I'm ~kinda~ wishing I would have booked a week earlier. Great group you guys have formed for the 1st week of Dec. I would definitely be on board with holding seats on MS with you guys. Really hoping that works out well for you guys. Seems like a great way to experience the parade. Great viewing spot, hanging out with new friends while at the parade, and if someone needs to sneak away for a restroom break there's no need to worry about losing your spot.

Hey Lisa! Have to say I'm ~kinda~ wishing I would have booked a week earlier. Great group you guys have formed for the 1st week of Dec. I would definitely be on board with holding seats on MS with you guys. Really hoping that works out well for you guys. Seems like a great way to experience the parade. Great viewing spot, hanging out with new friends while at the parade, and if someone needs to sneak away for a restroom break there's no need to worry about losing your spot.
exactly! the restroom break in particular. that was my exact situation with kiddo 2 years ago, he did the "i have to pee" announcement 15 minutes before the parade started. which i suppose is better than during the parade considering we were on the wrong side of the street from the bathroom. We had been chatting with our neighbors so they held our spot but my heart was pounding the whole time that someone was going to take our spot anyway (if someone made a fuss about it who knows how assertive virtual strangers would be about holding it). But it was fine. I plan to make him go before we sit but being able to get up and stretch legs will be nice. the party location is just great viewing though too!

Our family loves it! Sure it's not perfect but having a good spot to sit and relax and watch after a long day at Parks is well worth it IMO.

Hi all, thanks for the posts on the dessert party! I´ve been trying to decide whether to book for MVMCP and for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, but i think you´ve just saved me a few $´s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter